Share | 

Big veto twist flop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 8804

PostSubject: Big veto twist flop   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 pm

So, that was just plain laughable. If they had this twist in their pocket, they should have used it last week when Shannon and James were the targets. That is when it could have created the most havoc. Instead it was a complete and total flop!

Where the hell is Oma's killer instinct she is supposedly famous for? Her HOH basically meant NOTHING. If I were in her position, I would have put Marissa up as the replacement nom. Ross would have pulled her off the block and then Ari would have been the replacement to ensure that Brandi went home.

Her objective was to break up one of the pairs as well as cutting down the final 4 of Ross, Marissa, Brandi and Ari. Sure Ari was questioning Brandi because of the vote, but she sure seemed to be trying to do whatever she could to try to save her too, so that bond is definitely not broken.

Instead she caved to Metta being a spoiled brat and wanting to leave. He would probably bitch and whine like he did before, but who the hell cares? It wasn't like he was going to win HOH because he knows he can't go home. I made a joke on a thread earlier today that Metta would probably want to know if he could put himself up as the veto winner if it were the diamond veto and he actually asked that question when Julie was explaining the rules.

Oma really screwed herself up completely. One could argue that it might have made her a target by not putting up Metta in this situation, but she is already on the outside looking in. She could have easily pointed out to Mark and James that she kept her word regardless of the consequences so they may have thought twice about going after her since she is basically alone anyway.

Now the most powerful alliance in the house remains intact and the others either have to win their way to the end or wait for their number to be called.

Obviously Ross will probably win the game and I have to say he deserves to at this point, and at least that won't be Oma winning the game which is what I thought would probably happen. That being said, I would like to see Ross, Marissa and Ari spend some time on the block sweating a bit before the end of the game comes for sure.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11613

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am

chap5788 wrote:
So, that was just plain laughable.  If they had this twist in their pocket, they should have used it last week when Shannon and James were the targets.  That is when it could have created the most havoc.  Instead it was a complete and total flop!

Where the hell is Oma's killer instinct she is supposedly famous for?  Her HOH basically meant NOTHING.  If I were in her position, I would have put Marissa up as the replacement nom.  Ross would have pulled her off the block and then Ari would have been the replacement to ensure that Brandi went home.  

Her objective was to break up one of the pairs as well as cutting down the final 4 of Ross, Marissa, Brandi and Ari.  Sure Ari was questioning Brandi because of the vote, but she sure seemed to be trying to do whatever she could to try to save her too, so that bond is definitely not broken.  

Instead she caved to Metta being a spoiled brat and wanting to leave.  He would probably bitch and whine like he did before, but who the hell cares?  It wasn't like he was going to win HOH because he knows he can't go home.  I made a joke on a thread earlier today that Metta would probably want to know if he could put himself up as the veto winner if it were the diamond veto and he actually asked that question when Julie was explaining the rules.

Oma really screwed herself up completely.  One could argue that it might have made her a target by not putting up Metta in this situation, but she is already on the outside looking in.  She could have easily pointed out to Mark and James that she kept her word regardless of the consequences so they may have thought twice about going after her since she is basically alone anyway.

Now the most powerful alliance in the house remains intact and the others either have to win their way to the end or wait for their number to be called.

Obviously Ross will probably win the game and I have to say he deserves to at this point, and at least that won't be Oma winning the game which is what I thought would probably happen.  That being said, I would like to see Ross, Marissa and Ari spend some time on the block sweating a bit before the end of the game comes for sure.

Well said chap! clapping It was a total flop but it was fun watching Ross win and all Oma's dreams of glory going out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:53 am

capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
So, that was just plain laughable.  If they had this twist in their pocket, they should have used it last week when Shannon and James were the targets.  That is when it could have created the most havoc.  Instead it was a complete and total flop!

Where the hell is Oma's killer instinct she is supposedly famous for?  Her HOH basically meant NOTHING.  If I were in her position, I would have put Marissa up as the replacement nom.  Ross would have pulled her off the block and then Ari would have been the replacement to ensure that Brandi went home.  

Her objective was to break up one of the pairs as well as cutting down the final 4 of Ross, Marissa, Brandi and Ari.  Sure Ari was questioning Brandi because of the vote, but she sure seemed to be trying to do whatever she could to try to save her too, so that bond is definitely not broken.  

Instead she caved to Metta being a spoiled brat and wanting to leave.  He would probably bitch and whine like he did before, but who the hell cares?  It wasn't like he was going to win HOH because he knows he can't go home.  I made a joke on a thread earlier today that Metta would probably want to know if he could put himself up as the veto winner if it were the diamond veto and he actually asked that question when Julie was explaining the rules.

Oma really screwed herself up completely.  One could argue that it might have made her a target by not putting up Metta in this situation, but she is already on the outside looking in.  She could have easily pointed out to Mark and James that she kept her word regardless of the consequences so they may have thought twice about going after her since she is basically alone anyway.

Obviously Ross will probably win the game and I have to say he deserves to at this point, and at least that won't be Oma winning the game which is what I thought would probably happen.  That being said, I would like to see Ross, Marissa and Ari spend some time on the block sweating a bit before the end of the game comes for sure.

Well said chap! clapping It was a total flop but it was fun watching Ross win and all Oma's dreams of glory going out the door.

Yes, anytime Oma doesn't get what she wants is a good time for me.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Yes, that twist was a total flop and I was happy to see it become a flop. These people are actually playing so there is no need to bring twists into the game. Chap, I know you don't think they are playing and just trrying to promote themselves, but I'm seeing gameplay and strategizing all over the place.

As far as Oma was ting her HoH, she really had no choice in the matter due to the twist. Ross was using the second veto regardless unless she put up Metta. If she puts up James or Mark, it destroys the alliance she thinks she has with them, if she puts up Ari or Marissa, it destroys the fake all girls alliance she has been trying to sell to them all week. Her move was nothing more than damage control and if she can make it to the Final 2 (Although it will be a tough road) she can use this to try and get Mettas vote. She was the only one who respected his wish to go home
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:46 pm

I didn't say there wasn't game play happening, my objection to your post was that they were not like others who are there to get Instagram followers or be famous. The point being that they are there to promote themselves more than for any love for the game.

Yes, they are playing the game, but they are so pampered without the have-nots, they get alcohol on demand, they replenish their make-up for them without them winning HOH..............the only thing they don't have is a maid and a cook. I think this dumbs down the game substantially. I think there needs to be more pressure put on them and putting that twist out there on a nothing week was just stupid. Any other cast would have kept Metta off the block and made him quit if he wanted out. He was no threat in the game, so why not take out one of your threats and let him evict himself? These are the things that bother me about this season. I get it is a shortened format, but taking all the other elements out of the game and leaving very little time for campaigning and flipping votes along with leaving out the stress causing things in the game just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the season as a whole.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 am

chap5788 wrote:
I didn't say there wasn't game play happening, my objection to your post was that they were not like others who are there to get Instagram followers or be famous.  The point being that they are there to promote themselves more than for any love for the game.

Yes, they are playing the game, but they are so pampered without the have-nots, they get alcohol on demand, they replenish their make-up for them without them winning HOH..............the only thing they don't have is a maid and a cook.  I think this dumbs down the game substantially.  I think there needs to be more pressure put on them and putting that twist out there on a nothing week was just stupid.  Any other cast would have kept Metta off the block and made him quit if he wanted out.  He was no threat in the game, so why not take out one of your threats and let him evict himself?  These are the things that bother me about this season.  I get it is a shortened format, but taking all the other elements out of the game and leaving very little time for campaigning and flipping votes along with leaving out the stress causing things in the game just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the season as a whole.

I get what you're saying, but did you really expect the traditional Big Brother we all know and love? I'm just loving watching these "celebrities" play the game as it was meant to be played. I could've done without Metta and Keisha basically quitting, and you are correct, keep them in and make them self evict, but thats not the script.

Think about this, and I know you didn't watch BB:OTT, that was a great cast and entertaining, this is a great cast and entertaining, these are the only two past "seasons" that Robyn Kass didn't cast.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I didn't say there wasn't game play happening, my objection to your post was that they were not like others who are there to get Instagram followers or be famous.  The point being that they are there to promote themselves more than for any love for the game.

Yes, they are playing the game, but they are so pampered without the have-nots, they get alcohol on demand, they replenish their make-up for them without them winning HOH..............the only thing they don't have is a maid and a cook.  I think this dumbs down the game substantially.  I think there needs to be more pressure put on them and putting that twist out there on a nothing week was just stupid.  Any other cast would have kept Metta off the block and made him quit if he wanted out.  He was no threat in the game, so why not take out one of your threats and let him evict himself?  These are the things that bother me about this season.  I get it is a shortened format, but taking all the other elements out of the game and leaving very little time for campaigning and flipping votes along with leaving out the stress causing things in the game just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the season as a whole.

I get what you're saying, but did you really expect the traditional Big Brother we all know and love?  I'm just loving watching these "celebrities" play the game as it was meant to be played.  I could've done without Metta and Keisha basically quitting, and you are correct, keep them in and make them self evict, but thats not the script.

Think about this, and I know you didn't watch BB:OTT, that was a great cast and entertaining, this is a great cast and entertaining, these are the only two past "seasons" that Robyn Kass didn't cast.

That is an interesting bit of information. You would think the "powers that be" would also note that information and act appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big veto twist flop   

Back to top Go down

Big veto twist flop
Page 1 of 1