HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Sam

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Sam   Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm

I have to say that Sam has impressed me with her behavior and "game play" at this point. I really thought the game was going to swallow her up and she would be a little loose with information, but she has actually been playing smarter than she is given credit for.

She has been cooking and cleaning, folding people's laundry and just being her pleasant self. She admitted to Rachel and Angela that she basically has OCD when it comes to cleaning things and it relaxes her to do this kind of stuff. She pointed out while having this conversation that even while they were talking she was feeling the urge to get up and clean the room while they talk! And she doesn't make a big deal out of it, like pointing out every little thing she does in a "look at me" kind of way. For instance she was working spreading out blankets or something on the backs of chairs in the backyard yesterday morning and Winston asked her if she was the one who folded his laundry. She said she was and then said "I knew you were in the DR and I didn't want to just throw them on the table, so I folded them and didn't think you would mind." He was really appreciative of it. She is just a genuine person.

She had another conversation with a small group the other day and said that you could put her in a room with millionaires or a room with maximum security prisoners and she would be the same person in both rooms. She keeps talking about just wanting to learn and better herself through different experiences and such.

Swaggy had a conversation with her last night basically laying out his life story and she was pleasant with him and at one point asked "why me" in reference to him opening up? He said sometimes he just starts talking about it and it rolls out and that is what is happening there. He mentioned being a leader and she said that she was really surprised at how people just followed him the way they did. He said it was because he won the first 2 comps. She ultimately told him that her votes will always be based on her conversations with people and who she thinks she can live with the easiest. I thought she handled it very well, admonished him a bit at times and then other times encouraged him to change things for himself. He talked about how hard his life is, living in an area where people get shot daily and gang violence which is why he wants to move to LA, and he needs to make jury to make that happen. She said there are other ways to accomplish those dreams........come back for another season, work for CBS, get out of the house and get a local job and work from there, etc.

She also seems to have a handle on different people in the house because she has real life conversations and learns about them as people. She very rarely talks negatively about anyone unless it is something like, well they could be a little less rude, but maybe they can work on that or something of that nature. Ironically her most negative reaction when talking about ANYONE in the house was when she was talking with Kaycee about Swaggy and his behavior. She also tends to notice things others are doing because they almost don't notice her in and out of rooms, but she shares this information with Tyler and the girls for the most part.

She is also trying to gain insight about the game as well. She sat in on a conversation with Scottie and Swaggy where they were debating who were great players and who were not, etc. She asked questions here and there and then admitted that she has seen very little of the show and even stopped watching in sequester because she didn't want to come in the house and replicate someone else, she wanted to learn by experience and try to make her way through as far as possible, but most importantly grow from the experience.

Now do I believe she has longevity in the game? Not really. I think she will probably make jury at least, but I believe if she goes home it will be a week where she is a pawn and a backdoor plan goes south or something like that. In the meantime she is like a breath of fresh air in the house.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks for this update, Chap! I was watching BBAD the other night and she was having a conversation with the bros and I loved how honest she was with them, but NEVER let them know that she has the first power. Even though they know and it was obvious Winston was fishing for her to tell them. I think Sam is great. And I honestly did not think she was going to hold up this well.

I like her train of thought... that if she doesn’t reveal something, she isn’t lying. She’s just not saying it out loud. And also the less she knows or the less anyone knows, the less they have to lie about it.

I totally agree with you Chap, that Sam will make it to at least jury. Hopefully even longer Begging

But here’s what I also see happening... I see Bro #1 (Brett) actually start liking Sam (as a player) and realizing she’s good at this game. And I think he might want to keep her longer than he would Rachel.

The only reason I say this is because I heard him talking about Rachel and how she does shady stuff and he doesn’t trust her 100%. But when Winston was talking about Sam and saying that they need to get rid of her after her power is used, Brett actually said that Sam was a sweetheart and genuine person. And that she was playing this game well. And as soon as Brett said that, Winston quickly changed his tune about Sam! In true salesman form! But I don’t know... the way Brett talked about Sam, he just seemed to admire her and he never talks about Rachel that way. I think he appreciates that Sam is genuine.

I don’t remember when this convo took place but it was during BBAD one night.

Anyway, we’ll see how it all plays out... but I have a feeling Sam will vote to evict Snaggy because I think in her heart of hearts she realizes that he could’ve given two shits about her, especially when she was RoboSam, and now suddenly he wants to download his entire life in one convo with her. He’s super fake! And I for one, do not appreciate him one bit. But I’ll save all my dislike for him for the Snaggy C thread
chuckle
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm

I like Sam as well, but I am not going to go as far as calling her a good player. Yes, she kept her calm when she was in danger of going home and has been playing the clean game, but that will only get you so far. As it stands right now, nobody will take her to final 2 as she is the most liked in the house, similar to the way Jordan won her first season. There hasn't been much fighting yet, so we will see how well she holds up when there is an angry confrontation.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:20 pm

I wouldn't go as far as calling Sam a good player either. I rarely call any of these HGs 'good players'. I reserve that term for people who are actually playing the game. Like Dan and Dr. Will. And even Derrick (to an extent), since he played all those idiots like fiddles. I do think that Tyler has potential of being a good player, but we'll have to wait and see.

For now, I just like Sam. I've said it before that I thought she reminded me of Jordan. Except I never liked Jordan. I mean not as a player. I thought Jordan got lucky. That's it.

But I do like Sam. And I think that she is at least trying to play this game. But what I think will be her downfall is her truthfulness and expecting everyone to tell the truth around her. And also her expectations of people.

What I mean by that is, I'm realizing that when she's talking to people and she says stuff, it's like she expects people to react certain ways. During that convo she had with the Bros, she was schooling Winston and at one point she kind of let him have it for saying that he was worthless (or whatever he said)... Winston was basically trying to make Sam feel sorry for him so she could share her power with him (or at least tell him she has the power!), but instead she just schooled him and told him to 'go sit on your porch'...basically telling him how he should act. She even called him a ding dong when she said he was intense and he took it the wrong way. Winston covered all this up with hugs and fakeness, but that's because he's on the block, and they haven't been in the house very long.

And don't get me wrong, I think her intensions are good. And she tries to 'help' people, but I think in that environment, when enough time goes by, the HGs are not going to see her as helping. And they won't be as accepting to her 'truths' as they are now.

I believe that if Sam is still there a month from now, more HGs are going to start getting angry at her and confronting her... And like ctown said, let's see how she holds up when there is an angry confrontation.  

I predict she's gonna turn scrappy like Jordan would! TeeHee

And that's when we pull out the popcorn! Popcorn
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am

I was always a fan of Jordan. Was she a great game player, not by any stretch of the imagination, but she DID have very good insight into people. She noticed things that others didn't, and if Jeff and others would have listened to her a bit more things might have gone different. I also always LOVED Scrappy Jordan. She didn't let it out too often, but I always loved seeing it for sure, and I do believe that Sam has that in her as well. We already saw a bit of it when Kaitlyn tried telling Sam the robot that she needed to pull herself up and play to save herself and she came back with "How do I do that being a robot? I can't go jump in a hot tub with Fessie."

I also saw a little evidence that Kaitlyn still rubs Sam the wrong way, but for now she feels she owes her for her life in the game. However, this will get old real fast. If you watch that conversation that CTown posted from twitter between the 2 of them last night, when Kaitlyn tried to interrupt Sam, she said "let me finish" and it had a bit of attitude attached to it. She backed away from it, but I could see it in her face and body language.

As far as confrontation, I believe that Sam will hold her own with any of them. I think this girl has grown up a bit harder than most of these people and is trying to grow and be positive but will also refuse to be stepped on for sure, and I am looking forward to that first confrontation.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Someone needs to get her out of the house ASAP. She has no clue how to play this game. I understand her motivations for not watching the show and wanting to not mimic anyone else, but she misses the most basic concepts that every other person who had never seen the show pick up on.

This may be the worst HoH reign in the history of the show. She is now telling people that if it comes down to her as the tiebreaker, she is just going to put two dots in a cup and pick one out as to who goes home. That's an insult to anyone who has ever played this game. I think the only thing that comes is on Celebrity Big Brother when Metta just randomly picked a key out as to who he voted for to win. That one may be slightly worse since it was for the entire game, but still, it's ridiculous.

Hopefully someone in production pulls her into the DR and tells her that she can't do that. Even when Metta did it, Julie was obviously not happy with that decision, so this needs to be stopped in its tracks now
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:40 pm

@BB_Updates wrote:
Sam to Tyler - It would be cool to have a lady win or to have an all lady house cause that has never happened. You know what else would be cool? If a black girl won, because that has never happened. Know what else would be cool? If a gay dude or girl won #BB20

I'm actually happy to see this tweet. This is one of Tylers strong points, he gets a lot of info from people and this should set off some alarms to him. This girl needs to go. He already knows she has no idea how to play the game and goes against everything big brother is supposed to be, so why would he want her on jury? She just told him she wants anyone but Him, Fessy, Brett or Scottie to win the game.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Well so much for Sam playing a game of integrity. Rockstar came up to HoH to have a private discussion with Sam while Tyler was in there (Rockstar didn't know Tyler was in there), Samhad Tyler hide behind he bed so he could hear the entire conversation. I get that it's big brother and lying and all that is a part of the game, but having someone think they're having a private convo with just you, when they aren't is a pretty shady thing to do.

Also, to clarify on her little two dots in a cup, she is now saying they will both be blue and she will evict Kaitlyn, so now not only is she shady, she is a coward.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 pm

Ctown, I think you should listen to some conversations on the feeds instead of relying on only the updates on twitter because there is a lot more to these conversations than what you are getting.

Let me start by saying I absolutely agree that Sam has no idea how to play this game. I mentioned it before and said it was stupid for her to stop watching previous shows because she wanted to take the game fresh, but YOU said that it was not a bad thing. Now you are saying that she knows nothing about the ins and outs of the game, which was my point.

Using the dots to choose the evictee is two-fold. She told JC that she would let him choose who she evicted between the 2 if it came down to a tie to make up for what she did at the veto ceremony making him think he was going on the block. He told her not to talk to anyone about it. This is when she came up with the idea of telling people she would use the dots to choose.

Then JC talked to her again and told her about how Kaitlyn is wrapping these guys around her finger using feelings and such, basically saying that Kaitlyn is a slut and is using these guys to get through the game. So she told JC that she didn't want a tie, but it sounds like Kaitlyn has to go.

So anytime she is asked about what she would do with a tie, she is still saying it is the dots that are going to choose. She was talking to Tyler today about the game and even questioned Tyler about his "feelings" for Kaitlyn and whether they had a final 2 deal or something, which he denied. He tried to explain his reason for thinking Rockstar would be better to evict, but she got upset. He told her he would do whatever the group wanted.

Later Tyler went back up to talk to Sam about plans moving forward and she talked about the dots. She revealed to him that both the dots would be the same color and Kaitlyn will be the one leaving. Her point in talking about the dots is that will make people get off the fence and actually VOTE what they want and not leave it at a tie which others believe will leave it to chance. In Sam's mind if she says what she will do with the tiebreaker, some people will make it happen so the blood is not on their own hands so she is shifting it away from her too.

While they were talking (which was being done secretly) they saw Rockstar coming up to her room so she told Tyler to hide behind the bed quick. Rockstar came in and was going to make her pitch and she basically shut it down and said that people need to get their votes together and do what they are going to do because she is using dots to make the decision. it wasn't something highly confidential and she doesn't owe Rockstar a damn thing as far as loyalty or anything else. Tyler is one of her closest people in the house and if anything she is showing him she has no secrets from him. He then crawled on the floor and left as Sam was leaving and locking up her room.

How is this any more shady than Haleigh, Kaitlyn and Rockstar eavesdropping on rooms the first week or 2 of the game? They were caught doing it a couple of times. So, I don't see this as extraordinarily shady.

Now as far as their conversations about it would be great to see an all female house or an African-American woman win or a gay dude win, there was a context to that conversation that is very important. She was talking about Rockstar wanting an all female house at the end and a female to win the game. Sam she while she is not opposed to the IDEA of an all girls alliance and it would be cool to be a part of something like that because it has never been done before, she said it would also be great for those other scenarios that have never happened before (African-American or gay dude or lesbian winning). She said several of those things are actually possible this year because of the people they have like Kaycee, JC and Bay. But she also said that there were others she would love to see win as well like Tyler or Scottie. This is why she said she couldn't go along with an all girl's alliance because she has people in the house she wants to see win if she can't and they are all over the spectrum.

So you see with the context of those conversations, it makes a difference in this particular instance. Do I still think Sam will become a liability to several of the people in the house, absolutely. But, she can also be a very crucial vote and will be loyal and true to those she has given her genuine trust and friendship to...........that list as of now are Tyler, Scottie, JC Kaycee and Bay.

All this being said, I would actually LOVE to see it be a tie vote and her to stand up and make the motions of picking the dots and Kaitlyn being sent out the door because I think it would really make good TV.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 pm

People eavesdropping is completely different. When someone decides to eavesdrop, one of the people in the conversation is not in on the eavesdropping, they are both unaware. In an instance like this, Rockstar thought it was just her and Sam, plain and simple. It is much more honorable to let her in the room, if Rockstar wants a private convo, you ask Tyler to excuse them, then it's up to you to decide if you want to tell him the contents of the convo.

Yes, I initially thought it was a good thing, as I mentioned, but she has proven that to be wrong, because she is not making sound decisions at all. I'm talking about common sense decisions. No one on ones, I know who I'm putting up, rather than get information from these people and make deals. You don't need to watch previous seasons to understand that. This is a social game and you are not playing it if you refuse one on ones that can only benefit you.

As far as the dots go, I really hope BB doesn't allow her to do that. Regardless of her plan for it to be a setup to send Kaitlyn home, it is the cowards way out. When Kaitlyn comes back in, she will say that she left it to chance and that's the way the dots came out.

Even her veto ceremony speech was ridiculous, I have only seen part of it since I'm still at work, but at the meeting she allows someone to talk her out of it right then and there? WTF is that. I'll be watching the full episode a bit later once I get home.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 pm

So her having Tyler hide behind the couch because she has nothing to hide from him is shady, but eavesdropping isn't? How many times in BB history has someone set up a conversation or a confrontation in front of others for the sake of the game. Do you remember the set up that Dan did with Dani and Ian so Dani could confront Ian? Same thing there. Again, she owes Rockstar NOTHING in the way of loyalty, so I don't see what the big deal is here.

I agree that not having one on ones was not a smart thing to do, but that doesn't mean she isn't playing the game. In her mind, she knew who she was putting up and she didn't want to hear people throw each other under the bus or blow smoke up her ass, this is her right to do it. Most of the time the HOH knows what they are going to do, just like Scottie did when he won. He had the one on ones to try to get information which was smart, but remember he knows the game and what information is pertinent and what isn't. Why go through the motions if you know what you are going to do anyway and if you are not interested in the information given to you by others. Sam is playing the game in a very naïve and dumb way, but you can't say she isn't actually playing it. She is making a point that she means what she says, she says what she means and she does what she is going to do. So going forward if Sam looks someone in the eye and says "I won't put you up in this case.......blah, blah, blah" don't you think they will believe her? Who will doubt her word after that? If she tells someone some information and someone else disputes it, who would most of these people believe? This could be important going forward.

Like I said, do I think she is being smart? No. Do I think she is going to become a liability in the game? Yes. Do I think she is playing the game? Absolutely, it is just in a completely unorthodox way and who knows how far that will take her.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:01 am

Yes it looked like JC talked Sam out of putting him up, but she was not ACTUALLY going to put him on the block. She talked to him later and explained that she needed his reaction to be completely real so she could say she just couldn't do it to him. In her mind (which I think is completely stupid), when she put up Rockstar she might think that because she was willing to put her best friend on the block, she must be quite sure that the person leaving the house would come back in and it was to try to ensure Kaitlyn was evicted. it backfired completely, but it wasn't like she changed it up at the last minute.

And what the hell is wrong with changing your mind last minute anyway? They give a statement to the veto winner which may or may not flip what they were going to do, so why not this? What about eviction night speeches, why should they even do it if not a last ditch effort to change things? I guess I don't get why you are so upset with this Ctown. I thought it was absolutely priceless to watch the color drain from JC and Tyler's face when she started talking!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 am

And another thing, why the hell would production stop her from making her choice by doing this? The HOH has the right to make that choice based on whatever criteria they want. If it based on game, personal, jealousy, spite...........whatever.

And I don't see it as cowardly. If she states who she is going to vote out, people who don't want any blame on themselves could vote in a way to make SURE it is a tie and push it off on Sam. She is just pushing it right back at them. So, in other words, if you don't want it left up to chance, then get off your ass and vote, otherwise, that is the way it will be. And if the person who leaves comes back into the house, it is not like it will make her less of a target, if anything, it will piss them off even more because she didn't care enough to choose.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:33 am

chap5788 wrote:
And another thing, why the hell would production stop her from making her choice by doing this?  The HOH has the right to make that choice based on whatever criteria they want.  If it based on game, personal, jealousy, spite...........whatever.  

And I don't see it as cowardly.  If she states who she is going to vote out, people who don't want any blame on themselves could vote in a way to make SURE it is a tie and push it off on Sam.  She is just pushing it right back at them.  So, in other words, if you don't want it left up to chance, then get off your ass and vote, otherwise, that is the way it will be.  And if the person who leaves comes back into the house, it is not like it will make her less of a target, if anything, it will piss them off even more because she didn't care enough to choose.

It’s cowardly because she isn’t taking responsibility for her actions? She is hiding behind some chance bullshit. Part of being HoH is that you are a tiebreaker. This means you are exposed as the final vote. Whether she is going to lie about it being equal is immaterial. Like I mentioned earlier, Julie was very irritated on CBbB, when Mehta picked randomly.

Now here’s another way she is playing a horrible game. She doesn’t even need to do that stupid dots thing. She already exposed herself. When Fessy used veto, she said she’s putting up someone she knows isn’t going home, then JC says no and she reversed course and puts up Rockstar instead. Ray Charles can see she wants Kaitlyn out based on that alone.

This girl just rubs me the wrong way with this HoH of hers. She’s looking down on everyone like she is better than them and talking about her values. Bring back robot Sam
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Sam: I make my own decisions and nobody will change my mind.

Sam: I nominate JC

JC: I don't think thats a good idea

Sam: I nominate Rockstar
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Sam:  I make my own decisions and nobody will change my mind.

Sam:  I nominate JC

JC:  I don't think thats a good idea

Sam:  I nominate Rockstar


Donald Duck Donald Duck Donald Duck
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:16 pm

WARNING: This is long because I've had a lot to say about Sam, just haven't had a chance to!

So after watching last night's episode, I do think Sam let JC change her mind. She even said in the DR that she couldn't go through with nominating JC after looking at him. So I don't buy that she just wanted JC to have a reaction and she wasn't going to go through with putting him on the block.

I believe she just told JC that so that he wouldn't be pissed off at her. Because again, if she never planned on putting JC on the block and it was just to see his reaction, then why didn't she say this during her DR session?? Instead she said this (with tears in her eyes) "Everybody loves JC if he went up against Kaitlyn in a vote, he would stay. And as I look at him, I lost my nerve and I don't have the heart to do it, I chose Rockstar".

So, and I know I repeating this, but I honestly believe she was intending to put JC up, knowing that he wouldn't go home (especially after her little talk with Tyler where she sounded like she was going to put up someone from their side), but chickened out, put up Angie, and then had to go make peace with JC. And she felt guilty, which is why she is letting him make the decision if there's a tie.

I actually hated Sam as HOH! I didn't like her speech about nobody being allowed in, unless she lets them in. Yes, I did get more insight as to why she wasn't letting people in and I do agree that there are brats in the house who don't clean and take full advantage (thanks, Chap for the insight) but I also agree with ctown, and felt like she was walking around with this 'tude like she's better than these people because she has values and stuff.

I don't know... I like Sam as a person (and LOVED her as a robot), but I just didn't dig her as HOH. And I did not like her nomination speech one bit!  I do feel like she was being Judgey McJudgerson on this!  I know that Hay and KarmaKait aren't saints, but I still think that those words were too personal. Imagine someone saying that to Sam? How would she feel? And the fact that she didn't let KarmaKait apologize, which I'm sure because it's just words to KarmaKait and she's not actually sorry, but still, Sam should not have called the girls out on their behavior and not expect them to want to defend themselves. Saying "we're not going to go ten rounds talking about it, it's over" (which that did sound edited), "whatever's fueling your fire, take it to the competition". That just rubbed me the wrong way. It's very dismissive. And to me, it's reminiscent of a man dismissing a woman when they try to explain themselves or defend themselves.

And I get it's KarmaKait, trust me. I do not like her. I can't stand her. But, I don't think anyone should be dismissed. Not even if they themselves dismiss people.

Anyway, I just didn't like Sam's excuse for nominating them. She should've just owned up to the fact that she was putting them up on the block because she doesn't like them. End of story. And she doesn't like them because she's tired of cleaning up after them since they don't clean. That they're mean girls and they made fun of her during Never Have I Ever and that made her feel bad. She should've told them that they always make her feel uncomfortable. And that she thinks they're playing a rotten game, that she would never try to manipulate anyone like they manipulate people in the game. And finally she should've just told them that they need to grow the hell up.

Now had she done that, I think that would've gone over a whole hell of a lot better than her basically calling them whores (which she did call Hay a Big Fat Whore one night). Because it's her true feelings about them.

And what is she 90 years old? She kept referring to the guys as 'gentlemen'. And these girls should not manipulate these gentlemen in these ways. That just made me 'giant eye roll to the back of my brain'.


Now what I did not like was how last night's CBS ep painted Hay and KarmaKait in the most positive light. And they really did make Sam seem like a little old-fashioned villain. I'm pretty sure the hate for Sam has doubled over the last 24 hours on social media.

What got me was when Sam said in her DR session that "...flipping your hair around and laying over everybody is not female empowerment"... BB Production should've shown Hay playing with Brett's hair and Fessy jumping out while she was under the covers with him. They should've shown KarmaKait under the covers with Fessy and Brett and telling Tyler she wants to kiss him. They should've shown them literally flipping their hair and lying all over the dudes. But they didn't. And I thought that was wrong. Because they made it look like Sam didn't have reasoning behind her (dumb) speech.

But then again, they want to portray Hay as this sweet, innocent girl. And for some reason, they want to make KarmaKait seem credible and for us to believe she is awesome! If anyone is this year's GoldenBoy it's HER!

Anyway, I started to think about Sam's speech, and I think that her animosity towards KarmaKait and Hay has been building up for a while now. But I believe what took her over the edge was Fessy himself! So that moment that they showed on last night's ep, I remember seeing this (albeit, it was terribly edited!!). Fessy came into Sam's room all heated because he didn't know what the heck was going on and he thought that Hay and KarmaKait flipped their votes, and so he went and told Sam a lot of stuff.

Fessy basically painted Hay and KarmaKait in a very negative light. He basically threw them under the bus, backed up, drove over them, and dragged them to some train tracks, left them there until the train rolled over them and then drove the bus on top of them one more time for good measure.

And that same night (when Sam kept gushing over Fessy and looking at the camera telling the ladies that he was a good guy), I think Sam realized that she was definitely out for blood. Because she felt she had to protect Fessy since he is a "good guy".  Not realizing that Fessy was playing her like a fiddle. BUT, since he's so stupid, and a hot head and doesn't know how to control his mouth very well... well he just happened to vent to the wrong person.

So I think that's why we got the speech that we got. And then dumb ass Fessy probably didn't even realize he threw fuel on the fire.

I'm kind of ready for Sam to go (sorry, Chap!). But her style of playing this game, is annoying. It annoys me the same way Season 14 Derrick annoyed me when he kept squashing the fights in the house. She annoys me like how Jordan would annoy me when she thought she was always right and most of the time she wasn't (Season 11, NOT Season 13). She annoys me the way Season 9 Sheila would always giver her unsolicited advice. And she annoys me the way Season 18 James was dismissive of Natalie anytime she had any valid points.


Like I said in my previous post… Sam just needs to go back to making crafts (and hooch!), and let those that are trying to actually play this game. Play.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:39 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
WARNING: This is long because I've had a lot to say about Sam, just haven't had a chance to!

So after watching last night's episode, I do think Sam let JC change her mind. She even said in the DR that she couldn't go through with nominating JC after looking at him. So I don't buy that she just wanted JC to have a reaction and she wasn't going to go through with putting him on the block.

I believe she just told JC that so that he wouldn't be pissed off at her. Because again, if she never planned on putting JC on the block and it was just to see his reaction, then why didn't she say this during her DR session?? Instead she said this (with tears in her eyes) "Everybody loves JC if he went up against Kaitlyn in a vote, he would stay. And as I look at him, I lost my nerve and I don't have the heart to do it, I chose Rockstar".

So, and I know I repeating this, but I honestly believe she was intending to put JC up, knowing that he wouldn't go home (especially after her little talk with Tyler where she sounded like she was going to put up someone from their side), but chickened out, put up Angie, and then had to go make peace with JC. And she felt guilty, which is why she is letting him make the decision if there's a tie.

I actually hated Sam as HOH! I didn't like her speech about nobody being allowed in, unless she lets them in. Yes, I did get more insight as to why she wasn't letting people in and I do agree that there are brats in the house who don't clean and take full advantage (thanks, Chap for the insight) but I also agree with ctown, and felt like she was walking around with this 'tude like she's better than these people because she has values and stuff.

I don't know... I like Sam as a person (and LOVED her as a robot), but I just didn't dig her as HOH. And I did not like her nomination speech one bit!  I do feel like she was being Judgey McJudgerson on this!  I know that Hay and KarmaKait aren't saints, but I still think that those words were too personal. Imagine someone saying that to Sam? How would she feel? And the fact that she didn't let KarmaKait apologize, which I'm sure because it's just words to KarmaKait and she's not actually sorry, but still, Sam should not have called the girls out on their behavior and not expect them to want to defend themselves. Saying "we're not going to go ten rounds talking about it, it's over" (which that did sound edited), "whatever's fueling your fire, take it to the competition". That just rubbed me the wrong way. It's very dismissive. And to me, it's reminiscent of a man dismissing a woman when they try to explain themselves or defend themselves.

And I get it's KarmaKait, trust me. I do not like her. I can't stand her. But, I don't think anyone should be dismissed. Not even if they themselves dismiss people.

Anyway, I just didn't like Sam's excuse for nominating them. She should've just owned up to the fact that she was putting them up on the block because she doesn't like them. End of story. And she doesn't like them because she's tired of cleaning up after them since they don't clean. That they're mean girls and they made fun of her during Never Have I Ever and that made her feel bad. She should've told them that they always make her feel uncomfortable. And that she thinks they're playing a rotten game, that she would never try to manipulate anyone like they manipulate people in the game. And finally she should've just told them that they need to grow the hell up.

Now had she done that, I think that would've gone over a whole hell of a lot better than her basically calling them whores (which she did call Hay a Big Fat Whore one night). Because it's her true feelings about them.

And what is she 90 years old? She kept referring to the guys as 'gentlemen'. And these girls should not manipulate these gentlemen in these ways. That just made me 'giant eye roll to the back of my brain'.


Now what I did not like was how last night's CBS ep painted Hay and KarmaKait in the most positive light. And they really did make Sam seem like a little old-fashioned villain. I'm pretty sure the hate for Sam has doubled over the last 24 hours on social media.

What got me was when Sam said in her DR session that "...flipping your hair around and laying over everybody is not female empowerment"... BB Production should've shown Hay playing with Brett's hair and Fessy jumping out while she was under the covers with him. They should've shown KarmaKait under the covers with Fessy and Brett and telling Tyler she wants to kiss him. They should've shown them literally flipping their hair and lying all over the dudes. But they didn't. And I thought that was wrong. Because they made it look like Sam didn't have reasoning behind her (dumb) speech.

But then again, they want to portray Hay as this sweet, innocent girl. And for some reason, they want to make KarmaKait seem credible and for us to believe she is awesome! If anyone is this year's GoldenBoy it's HER!

Anyway, I started to think about Sam's speech, and I think that her animosity towards KarmaKait and Hay has been building up for a while now. But I believe what took her over the edge was Fessy himself! So that moment that they showed on last night's ep, I remember seeing this (albeit, it was terribly edited!!). Fessy came into Sam's room all heated because he didn't know what the heck was going on and he thought that Hay and KarmaKait flipped their votes, and so he went and told Sam a lot of stuff.

Fessy basically painted Hay and KarmaKait in a very negative light. He basically threw them under the bus, backed up, drove over them, and dragged them to some train tracks, left them there until the train rolled over them and then drove the bus on top of them one more time for good measure.

And that same night (when Sam kept gushing over Fessy and looking at the camera telling the ladies that he was a good guy), I think Sam realized that she was definitely out for blood. Because she felt she had to protect Fessy since he is a "good guy".  Not realizing that Fessy was playing her like a fiddle. BUT, since he's so stupid, and a hot head and doesn't know how to control his mouth very well... well he just happened to vent to the wrong person.

So I think that's why we got the speech that we got. And then dumb ass Fessy probably didn't even realize he threw fuel on the fire.

I'm kind of ready for Sam to go (sorry, Chap!). But her style of playing this game, is annoying. It annoys me the same way Season 14 Derrick annoyed me when he kept squashing the fights in the house. She annoys me like how Jordan would annoy me when she thought she was always right and most of the time she wasn't (Season 11, NOT Season 13). She annoys me the way Season 9 Sheila would always giver her unsolicited advice. And she annoys me the way Season 18 James was dismissive of Natalie anytime she had any valid points.


Like I said in my previous post… Sam just needs to go back to making crafts (and hooch!), and let those that are trying to actually play this game. Play.

TL;DR version:
Lizzy is ready for Sam to go! neener

And I think you mean Season 16 Derrick squashing the fights. Season 14 was the lame coaches season
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm

I agree that Sam is judgmental and has a simplistic way of looking at things. I said from the beginning that the game would overwhelm her and it was a HUGE mistake for her to only watch a few episodes and then quit. Tyler tried to explain the concept of keeping targets in the game and all she can see is that this person or that person's behavior should warrant their exit because she doesn't want to live in the house with them.

I did defend some of what she did, and I will also say that she is being her true self for sure, so I give her credit for that. Like it or not, she is who she is and isn't going to change anytime soon.

I also think she will be a giant liability to the people she is supposedly playing the game with and I would be fine with her leaving the game because like I said the other day, she just doesn't get it and she has not desire to be schooled about it.

I do wish we had seen her entire speech because she apparently talked about them taking more than they contribute and a few other things. Not that it doesn't make the speech judgmental, but they made it seem that this was the ONLY reason she put them up.

The JC thing, I guess I see your point Lizzy, but I also think that Sam would probably have just came clean with JC that she didn't understand the ramifications of putting him on the block until she saw his face, but I guess we won't ever know for sure.

Just wait til JC is on the block, she is going to go ballistic. And when word gets to her that Bay thinks she is pregnant and she realizes that she had sex with him in the house, her head will explode. This environment is just not for her that is plainly clear.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Is it true that Sam is telling Bay to put Tyler up to see who he's truly aligned with? If this is true, THIS is why she needs to go! She's so not good for Tyler's game.

I also don't think she'd make the best juror. She's going to do whatever her 'heart' and 'intuition' tell her to. And I just feel like it'll be up in the air with her.

You know, Chap...I couldn't agree with you more. This environment is not for her.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:06 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
Is it true that Sam is telling Bay to put Tyler up to see who he's truly aligned with? If this is true, THIS is why she needs to go! She's so not good for Tyler's game.

I also don't think she'd make the best juror. She's going to do whatever her 'heart' and 'intuition' tell her to. And I just feel like it'll be up in the air with her.

You know, Chap...I couldn't agree with you more. This environment is not for her.

No she is telling Bay to pick Tyler for veto and to win it and keep noms the same to see if he will go through with it
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:38 pm

I honestly don't know if she said this to Bay or not. I listened to part of their 1 on 1 conversation, but I got bored and nauseated and couldn't listen any longer. Sam blows so much smoke up Bay's ass (and it has nothing to do with her being HOH, she started doing it while Kaitlyn was still HOH) that you can't see straight. I heard them discuss Scottie and Sam's face completely dropped when Bay said she was thinking of putting him up but worried he would win veto and come after her. Then Sam said Bay's other option that she was considering to sit next to Brett (Rachel) is a better option because she is more rational and would take it in stride. Then she said in a whisper "Scottie swore his loyalty to you on the bible" and then stopped herself. That is when Bay said she knows that and then went off on something else.

I actually would not be surprised if she actually did suggest Bay pick Tyler for the veto but I don't think she would suggest him to go on the block. But then again, Sam doesn't seem to understand the gravity of putting someone on the block so who the hell knows? I said the week Winston was on the block that Sam was going to be a liability and it will just get worse the longer they keep her around. She has an idea in her head of the perfect cast for the BB house and the jury house, and the group she is wants to be together will never be aligned and she just doesn't get it.

On a side note when Sam was blowing smoke up Bay's ass, telling her how beautiful she is, has a fantastic bubbly personality, how spiritual she is and always handles herself with grace unlike the other girls in the house throwing themselves at people, I wondered what Sam will think if Bay reveals to anyone else in the house that she is late with her cycle and is worried she is pregnant. Can you imagine Sam's face if she were to find out that Bay had sex with Swaggy in the HOH shower with all the cameras in the house? Not that it is her business, but she believes that Bay is the picture of a proper lady which is not the case.

And I am not passing judgment about her having sex with Swaggy in the house, to each his own, but to do it and not use protection, not really very smart. In addition to that, Sam has not got to see Bay's flippant attitude toward people when she gets on her high horse either. Oh and it is okay that Bay doesn't help with the house chores on a regular basis apparently in Sam's eyes, unlike the others. She told Bay that she noticed that Bay helped out with some chore in the house and then said, "I know it is not your thing and you are a princess and your daddy probably spoils you rotten, so that is probably outside of your comfort zone, which is fine."
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I honestly don't know if she said this to Bay or not.  I listened to part of their 1 on 1 conversation, but I got bored and nauseated and couldn't listen any longer.  Sam blows so much smoke up Bay's ass (and it has nothing to do with her being HOH, she started doing it while Kaitlyn was still HOH) that you can't see straight.  I heard them discuss Scottie and Sam's face completely dropped when Bay said she was thinking of putting him up but worried he would win veto and come after her.  Then Sam said Bay's other option that she was considering to sit next to Brett (Rachel) is a better option because she is more rational and would take it in stride.  Then she said in a whisper "Scottie swore his loyalty to you on the bible" and then stopped herself.  That is when Bay said she knows that and then went off on something else.

I actually would not be surprised if she actually did suggest Bay pick Tyler for the veto but I don't think she would suggest him to go on the block.  But then again, Sam doesn't seem to understand the gravity of putting someone on the block so who the hell knows?  I said the week Winston was on the block that Sam was going to be a liability and it will just get worse the longer they keep her around.  She has an idea in her head of the perfect cast for the BB house and the jury house, and the group she is wants to be together will never be aligned and she just doesn't get it.

On a side note when Sam was blowing smoke up Bay's ass, telling her how beautiful she is, has a fantastic bubbly personality, how spiritual she is and always handles herself with grace unlike the other girls in the house throwing themselves at people, I wondered what Sam will think if Bay reveals to anyone else in the house that she is late with her cycle and is worried she is pregnant.  Can you imagine Sam's face if she were to find out that Bay had sex with Swaggy in the HOH shower with all the cameras in the house?  Not that it is her business, but she believes that Bay is the picture of a proper lady which is not the case.  

And I am not passing judgment about her having sex with Swaggy in the house, to each his own, but to do it and not use protection, not really very smart.  In addition to that, Sam has not got to see Bay's flippant attitude toward people when she gets on her high horse either.  Oh and it is okay that Bay doesn't help with the house chores on a regular basis apparently in Sam's eyes, unlike the others.  She told Bay that she noticed that Bay helped out with some chore in the house and then said, "I know it is not your thing and you are a princess and your daddy probably spoils you rotten, so that is probably outside of your comfort zone, which is fine."

Oh my goodness, Chap!! This is not what I want to read. I swear, Bay was possibly the worst person to win HOH from 'the other side of the house', while Sam was still in the house!!

I don't understand why she insists on blowing smoke up Bay's ass! Sam is clueless.  So why is it okay for Bay to not have to clean because her daddy spoiled her rotten, but Hay should be a cleaning fool?? From the looks of her IG... seems to me that Hay's daddy spoils her beyond rotten.

Seriously...I can't stand the double-standards in this house!!
:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Speaking of cleaning... did you see Hay cleaning the bathroom last night as Bay and Angie just sat around the lounge area? I mean Hay was out of breath sweeping that darn floor. I was dying of laughter.  rolling on the floor  rolling on the floor


What's next, dishes??
dishes
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Sam has a different set of rules for different people. It's not ok for Hayleigh and Kaitlyn to flirt endlessly with the guys, but when Tyler and Fessy do it, it's because they are guys and can't control themselves. Same thing with the cleaning, Bay gets a pass becasue it's outside of her comfort zone.

Sam appears to be like the "racist" Aunt that people apologize for when they call a black person "colored" and use the excuse that she's just set in her ways
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sam   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Lizzy, Haleigh actually did help with the dishes a few days ago and Sam told her that she didn't expect Haleigh to do a complete 180, but Haleigh said Sam was right she (Haleigh) does need to contribute more to the house.

I don't get this whole relationship between Sam and Bay. It happened after Bay went to Sam's HOH room to cry and sob about being treated differently and being portrayed as the angry black woman so she can't state her opinions and blah, blah, blah. Basically I think he entire intention was to pull at Sam's heart strings and it worked. Then the next day Bay told Sam her "secret" that she was the first black Miss Missouri and Sam was so touched that Bay didn't share that with anyone else in the house. So now I guess they are kindred spirits.

Like I said, Sam has not seen the other side of Bay up to this point, and maybe she won't care. But I am still wondering how she will react when she finds out that Bay had sex in that HOH shower. Maybe then Sam will realize that she doesn't read people as well as she thinks she does and just because she likes someone more than others, doesn't mean they are any better than someone else in the house.

And Ctown, you hit the nail on the head, Sam does have different rules for different people. And she tries to force her thoughts on others, like telling Bay to make sure she takes time in her room for herself with the door locked and such. Just because that is what made Sam feel comfortable or relieve stress doesn't mean that it is the same for others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sam   

Back to top Go down
 
Sam
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 20 :: Big Brother 20: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: