Big Brother Updates are Biased!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2282

PostSubject: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

I really can't stand reading the updates anymore. Not even on Twitter! I'm finding them to be super biased. I was watching BBAD last night and the Bros were talking about how annoying all the HGs are, and how they only complain and talk about themselves all the time. And what brats they all are and how selfish everyone is. Especially when they complain about food. And Salesman was saying how they should just be grateful that they were chosen to be on this show.

But I didn't read this convo in any of the update sites I usually go to. I get that NO ONE likes the Bros. But it's getting annoying because people seem to fawn over Angie and KarmaKait on Twitter and some other sites I frequent. The only time you see anything about the Bros is when it's negative.

They keep referring to the Bros as Trumpsters and Magas, but a lot of the stuff they say is nothing remotely close to being as obnoxious as Trump!

What I don't get is half the stuff that comes out of Angie's mouth is so demoralizing and elitist! And it's like no one calls her out on this shit!  Angie says she's all inclusive and that she has all these friends from different races and stuff, but could NEVER be friends with anyone like Angela, because of how she looks and acts.

Hello...  :potkettle:

Imagine saying that about never being able to be friends with Bay because of how she looks?? The shit would hit the fan...literally. This hypocrisy kills me.

I don't think I have ever detested a HG as much as I do Angie. I wish BB had a special contest where one person could evict one HG of their choosing... and I'd win and would evict Angie!!
Genie
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

@BB_Updates is by far the best Twitter account to follow, they simply just report the convos and don’t spin anything to their liking. I also like @hamsterwatch and @Tooms_BB but those two do occasionally give opinions.

Like I to.d you before, don’t bother reading any of the replies to the tweets because that’s where things get ridiculous
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 8804

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:31 pm

I used Joker's, not because of the accuracy for sure, but because I like their format for getting timestamps to go and listen to conversations. Of course for those who don't have the feeds that isn't an option. I have noticed this year though that Joker's misses a lot of important conversations so I find myself skimming through the feeds more than I have before to find some conversations because things a lot of times just don't make sense to me for one reason or another.

As far as Rockstar, she is something else. She tries multiple times a day to engage people in political talks and most people just don't get involved with it at all. She has spouted off some pretty incredible stuff that never really seems to gain any traction of any kind. I mean there are many of those comments who were worthy of TMZ appearances for sure judging from what they have put on there before that's for sure.

Lizzy, you hit the nail on the head about her being judgmental of people by the way they look or their financial situation. The other day she was trying to pull Sam into the idea of an all girls alliance. At first I thought Sam was actually going for it and was yelling at my screen, but I figured out that Sam was just going with the flow, kind of keeping her options open kind of thing. Then Rockstar was saying that she herself can't really talk to Angela because she is snobby (or whatever term she used) and Sam stepped right up and said Angela is not that way at all. Sam said she was "tight" with Angela. Rockstar again said that she comes off in a certain way and Sam defended Angela as a friend of hers and basically told Rockstar that if she would actually try to talk to her instead of prejudging her before they talk, she would find out something different.

Everyone she talks about as a target is qualified by how much money they make or have outside the house and it drives me nuts. Some people kind of pull themselves away from that thinking and others just let it go. It just drives me insane that she thinks this is a prerequisite for "deserving" to stay or be evicted, but that is a pet peeve for me every year.

As far as the bros, they do get on my nerves at times, but there are times they are very entertaining as well which is why I was kind of hoping Sam would use her power to save them this week for the entertainment and drama value it would bring which these power apps are intended to cause.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2282

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:43 pm

ctown28 wrote:
@BB_Updates is by far the best Twitter account to follow, they simply just report the convos and don’t spin anything to their liking. I also like @hamsterwatch and @Tooms_BB but those two do occasionally give opinions.

Like I to.d you before, don’t bother reading any of the replies to the tweets because that’s where things get ridiculous

I was following hamsterwatch, but their updates only seem to be about people they like. Unless it's negative, then they'll post it. And yeah, I learned my lessons about the comments. I do read them sometimes though, if I'm feeling Twisted Evil  only to see if people's opinions have changed (which they haven't), but then I have to stop. You are right though hamsterwatch does occasionally give their own opinions.

I was also following BB_Updates, but I found that they wouldn't really update everything. Again, just what they thought would get the most reactions.

The worst for me though, are previous HG's twitter/instagram accounts! They are super annoying. Especially Dick's and Janelle's. Gosh, Janelle used to be one of my favorites, but since she appeared on BB again as a coach, I no longer value her opinion or think she's that awesome of a player.

Also, she is super biased against any guy in the house. Well except Snaggy. For some reason she loved him. I think it's a popularity thing. I think the last tweet I read of hers was her complaining that Tyler got 8 weeks of safety. Which he didn't. And she kept complaining how unfair that was to other players. BUT, Bay's power app, which is actually better than Tyler's, according to Janelle was awesome! Why wasn't that unfair?

And Dick tweeted something about how violent Winston was. Hello... :potkettle:

Winston didn't threaten Scottie in front of him when he said he was going to bash in his face. Dick on the other hand constantly berated, harassed and threatened Jen and even threw tea on her. That's worst to me than someone saying they're going to bash their face in, out of anger, during a convo, when the person isn't even around.

Joker's is a joke! They don't report half the stuff that's going on. The only stuff I see is about Sam, as well as 'the other side of the house' and only the bad stuff that Level 6, or JC says.

I'm done with all of it. I'm just going to get my updates from Chap...and try Morty's and your suggestion Tooms_BB.

chap5788 wrote:
Lizzy, you hit the nail on the head about her being judgmental of people by the way they look or their financial situation. The other day she was trying to pull Sam into the idea of an all girls alliance. At first I thought Sam was actually going for it and was yelling at my screen, but I figured out that Sam was just going with the flow, kind of keeping her options open kind of thing. Then Rockstar was saying that she herself can't really talk to Angela because she is snobby (or whatever term she used) and Sam stepped right up and said Angela is not that way at all. Sam said she was "tight" with Angela. Rockstar again said that she comes off in a certain way and Sam defended Angela as a friend of hers and basically told Rockstar that if she would actually try to talk to her instead of prejudging her before they talk, she would find out something different.

Everyone she talks about as a target is qualified by how much money they make or have outside the house and it drives me nuts. Some people kind of pull themselves away from that thinking and others just let it go. It just drives me insane that she thinks this is a prerequisite for "deserving" to stay or be evicted, but that is a pet peeve for me every year.

As far as the bros, they do get on my nerves at times, but there are times they are very entertaining as well which is why I was kind of hoping Sam would use her power to save them this week for the entertainment and drama value it would bring which these power apps are intended to cause.

Chap, I can't even stand listening to Angie anymore. Anytime she's on BBAD, I just FF... unless I think she's talking gameplay. But when she starts making shit up, or tries to get into a political debate, I skip it all. Yesterday JC mentioned something about Bernie Sanders in front of Angie and thank goodness BBAD cut to another camera.

I'm glad that Sam defended Angela. I still can't believe the hypocrisy of it all with that woman! It drives me nuts too when they start the whole 'they're more deserving' because they need the money. Look, everyone could use an extra $250K, no matter how rich you are. So I don't think anyone is more deserving than others. Yes, it's true, some people may actually need the money more, like to pay actual bills and live off of it... but that doesn't mean that they deserve the money.

So has Angie said anything about KarmaKait not deserving to win, because she has money?? Because it sure doesn't seem like she needs money. (Well maybe after her appearance, people will discontinue their services with this nutjob!... But who am I kidding, people are stupid!)

And I definitely agree with you, Chap, that the Bros get on my nerves as well. But they are entertaining. And I think it's nice that they developed such a tight bond. I really hope that Sam uses her power. I feel like if she does, then she'll be okay next week if she keeps that extra person in the house, because she'll have the votes to stay in case someone puts her up! I mean seriously, if she saves Winston... he will be indebted to her for a while. And I don't see him breaking that.

But I do see Scottie, KarmaKait or any of 'the other side of the house' (maybe not Fessy for some reason), breaking promises with Sam.

So I really do hope that she uses her power!! Begging Begging

BB Genie...please let this happen!!
Genie
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Dick is definitely biased, but he entertains the hell out of me. He's also a football fan so we talk about sports as well. The thing I like about Dick is that he doesn't sugarcoat anything. If you disagree with him fine, but don't go at him telling him why he's wrong, especially when someone asks his take on something, they ask, he answers.

I never liked Janelle and think she is overrated. She likes Swaggy because she needs to show how non-racist she is, she will always jump on the politically correct side of any situation.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 8804

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm

I was NEVER a fan of Janelle. I gave her credit for having guts, but she was a terrible player who only lasted in the game the way she did because she was good at comps. Her opinion means nothing to me. I am not surprised that she is a fan of Swaggy because she likes those "in your face" kind of people even though it is stupid game play for most people.

As far as Dick, I like that you always know where he is coming from. He played the game hard and pulled off a lot of shit in his season. That being said, he benefitted HUGELY from Eric being America's player, but he still played his own game, owned every bit of his behavior (despicable as it was often times) and won that season when nobody thought it was possible.

Even when Rockstar is talking game I have a hard time listening because she thinks she is some sort of evil genius, when most of it is her judgmental bullshit. Yes, she has mentioned that Kaitlyn is "set up" well and doesn't NEED the money. According to her the only "real people" in the house who "deserve" to win the game are herself and Scottie because everyone else is set, and then she adds to it that she wants the money to buy a house for her kids, like that makes HER more deserving than others. Sure, if every single point of 2 people's games were EXACTLY equal at the end of the game, I could probably vote based on something like this, but so far I have never seen a final 2 like that in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm

chap5788 wrote:

As far as Dick, I like that you always know where he is coming from.  He played the game hard and pulled off a lot of shit in his season.  That being said, he benefitted HUGELY from Eric being America's player, but he still played his own game, owned every bit of his behavior (despicable as it was often times) and won that season when nobody thought it was possible.

Yes, he did get a benefit from Eric being America's player but what everyone seems to overlook, is that he STILL had to get the other votes, and getting Jen to flip is no small task.

chap5788 wrote:
Even when Rockstar is talking game I have a hard time listening because she thinks she is some sort of evil genius, when most of it is her judgmental bullshit. Yes, she has mentioned that Kaitlyn is "set up" well and doesn't NEED the money. According to her the only "real people" in the house who "deserve" to win the game are herself and Scottie because everyone else is set, and then she adds to it that she wants the money to buy a house for her kids, like that makes HER more deserving than others. Sure, if every single point of 2 people's games were EXACTLY equal at the end of the game, I could probably vote based on something like this, but so far I have never seen a final 2 like that in my eyes.

The "deserving" argument irritates the hell out of me every season, nobody is more deserving than anyone else in this game. That's why it's called a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Updates are Biased!   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother Updates are Biased!
Page 1 of 1