HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 JC on TMZ again?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 am

There was a situation that just occurred in the BB house.

Bay, Faysal, Scottie and JC were talking about their height and weight. JC said he was 5 foot tall. Bay questioned him on that saying she thought they had to be 4'11" or shorter to be considered short. He asked if she meant dwarf. She said she doesn't even know what dwarf means. He said that a dwarf is a genetic condition and he is not a dwarf which was actually proven by a doctor's test. She then asked what is the difference between a midget and a dwarf. He told her it was a slang word (I think he meant slur). He then said using midget is like using faggot for a gay person........she interrupted and said "oh, it's just another word for it then"..............he continued and said "like nigger for a black person." Bay told him he can't say that and not to say it again. He said he thought he could say it because he was explaining the situation, just like he used faggot which is disrespectful to gays......she just cut him off and said "you are out of control" at which time the feeds cut off for about 25 minutes. When the feeds came back neither of them were on the feeds, all 4 feeds were on the bathroom area with Haleigh, Scottie and Faysal.

Now I have a couple of problems with this situation. Should JC have actually used the word instead of saying the phrase "the N word"...........yes probably. But let's remember that JC has a bit of a communication barrier on a lot of things. Using "faggot" in reference to a gay person is very offensive to them as well, but Bay didn't cringe when he used that word. And let's point out that he was trying to educate her on the situation and didn't freak out when she was using the term midget which apparently is disrespect for a little person or whatever the proper term is.

Now let me point out once again, that Swaggy used that word NUMEROUS times in the house and nobody even batted an eye, even though he used it in referencing other people in the house, at times when he was pissed off about someone (like the bros) and JC was trying to explain a situation to answer HER question. This is what is wrong in today's society. And why cut off the feeds? Why not let the dialogue continue? Why not let us see JC explain himself or maybe Scottie or Faysal stepping in to help explain what JC was trying to do? By cutting the feeds for 25 minutes following that incident makes it look even worse.

In my opinion, this was innocent dialogue of people from 2 different walks of life educating each other about offensive terms, which is something more people need to be able to do these days instead of jumping in their corners and not hearing the other side out. Just another example of people losing the art of conversation, dialogue and civil debate.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 am

Right after I posted this, the feeds were still on Scottie, Haleigh and Faysal in the bathroom area, but you could hear Bay and JC arguing loudly from the other room, but you can only hear part of what they are saying.

I still say they should not be turning the feeds away from this situation. They should let it be seen so both of their sides of the situations are shown in a way to defend themselves.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:12 am

Ultimately, they came out of the room being civil to each other, so BB really screwed this up not letting us see and hear what was going on because they were able to get through it. Now it looks like they are hiding something and they just gave fuel to what is sure to be the next TMZ story with negative shade being cast on one side of the argument.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:53 am

That is ridiculous. I agree he used a poor choice of words, but the feeds should’ve stayed up. Sounds like they had meaningful dialogue about the situation. But people get so offended now a days that anytime a nonblack uses the n word, it’s like an apocalypse. They can say it, because they “took the word back”, but what not realized is if they didn’t continue to use it, it would just disappear into the background
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

And of course social media is having a huge overreaction to the entire thing
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:58 pm

And the overreaction is completely uninformed because if the feeds had stayed up everyone could have seen 2 culturally different people talking about a hot button topic and getting over it. There was apparently a DR session for both of them immediately following the situation and then they had it out in the geometry room which was closed off from the feeds. JC will pay the price for this and it is a shame because he was simply answering a question and educating Bay on something she didn't understand. I also learned something because I had no idea that "midget" was an offensive term. BB really shot themselves in the foot on this one just like they have so often in the past.

Now if this does blow up more, Julie, as the host of the show, should talk about it on her daytime show and defend JC. Not his use of the word, but the communication barrier and make crystal clear that he did not use it AT someone, he was making a comparison to answer the question.

On another note, I would like to see just ONE of Rockstar's politically biased, conspiracy theorists comments show some life on social media. From what Lizzy has said, they just love her, and I just don't get it. Much of the time they cut the feeds immediately from her when she is starting to say these offensive things, but you hear how the conversation is going and can fill in the blanks. I heard her say the other day that 911 was an inside job by our own government! You would think that would be extremely controversial, but it doesn't seem to even make a blip. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

chap5788 wrote:
And the overreaction is completely uninformed because if the feeds had stayed up everyone could have seen 2 culturally different people talking about a hot button topic and getting over it.  There was apparently a DR session for both of them immediately following the situation and then they had it out in the geometry room which was closed off from the feeds.  JC will pay the price for this and it is a shame because he was simply answering a question and educating Bay on something she didn't understand.  I also learned something because I had no idea that "midget" was an offensive term.  BB really shot themselves in the foot on this one just like they have so often in the past.  

Now if this does blow up more, Julie, as the host of the show, should talk about it on her daytime show and defend JC.  Not his use of the word, but the communication barrier and make crystal clear that he did not use it AT someone, he was making a comparison to answer the question.  

On another note, I would like to see just ONE of Rockstar's politically biased, conspiracy theorists comments show some life on social media.  From what Lizzy has said, they just love her, and I just don't get it.  Much of the time they cut the feeds immediately from her when she is starting to say these offensive things, but you hear how the conversation is going and can fill in the blanks.  I heard her say the other day that 911 was an inside job by our own government!  You would think that would be extremely controversial, but it doesn't seem to even make a blip.  I just don't get it.

Rockstars nonsense doesn’t gain any traction because there are so many nut jobs that are actually on board with the conspiracy bullshit. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she’s one of those flat earth assholes
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
And the overreaction is completely uninformed because if the feeds had stayed up everyone could have seen 2 culturally different people talking about a hot button topic and getting over it.  There was apparently a DR session for both of them immediately following the situation and then they had it out in the geometry room which was closed off from the feeds.  JC will pay the price for this and it is a shame because he was simply answering a question and educating Bay on something she didn't understand.  I also learned something because I had no idea that "midget" was an offensive term.  BB really shot themselves in the foot on this one just like they have so often in the past.  

Now if this does blow up more, Julie, as the host of the show, should talk about it on her daytime show and defend JC.  Not his use of the word, but the communication barrier and make crystal clear that he did not use it AT someone, he was making a comparison to answer the question.  

On another note, I would like to see just ONE of Rockstar's politically biased, conspiracy theorists comments show some life on social media.  From what Lizzy has said, they just love her, and I just don't get it.  Much of the time they cut the feeds immediately from her when she is starting to say these offensive things, but you hear how the conversation is going and can fill in the blanks.  I heard her say the other day that 911 was an inside job by our own government!  You would think that would be extremely controversial, but it doesn't seem to even make a blip.  I just don't get it.

Rockstars nonsense doesn’t gain any traction because there are so many nut jobs that are actually on board with the conspiracy bullshit. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she’s one of those flat earth assholes

Good point, there seems to be a whole lot more of these nut jobs out in the world today, or maybe they have always been there, but now are just a lot more vocal because of the times we are living in at this point.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm

And here it is:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/18/big-brother-houseguest-n-word-again/

Of course its a complete over-reaction. I saw the clip and Bayleigh was NOT furious, she simply corrected him and told him he's not allowed to say that then it went to fish
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm

And for the record, nobody seems to have a problem for the slur he used on gay people, just the n word
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks for posting the link Ctown, I knew it was coming. It didn't show her being pissed at that point, but the yelling you can hear later after the feeds were down and they had DR sessions, probably points to both of them being very pissed. I heard bits and pieces when they were yelling and it sounded like both were specifying what they said and what they meant and so forth, but like I said had a meeting of the minds afterward or it seemed that way. Now every time anyone mentions it today, the send the feeds to fish, which again, just adds fuel to the fire for sure.

And great point Ctown, where is the outrage for his use of the word faggot? And in their little synopsis at the bottom, they reach back to point out Kaitlyn using the "N" word (something I had not heard about before) and the reference made by Angela or Rachel to "looking ghetto" but again NO MENTION of Swaggy using the term. I get that it is now being said that black people are "taking that word back" or whatever, but if the word is THAT offensive to everyone why the hell use it at all regardless of your skin color. And one of the statements Swaggy made was "these niggers up here trying to come at me?" and then went on to trash them more. This is using the word in a derogatory manner, so you can't have it both ways. There were a number of times he said it with Bay, Faysal, Haleigh and Rockstar sitting right there and nobody even blinked. This is absolute bullshit!
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2279
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Oh my goodness... where do I even begin?? I want to scream!! Mad6 Mad6

I'm telling you there's something about Angie that for some reason, her shit isn't getting called on. She can do no wrong. And Bay as well. It's like they're purposely looking to just paint some people in bad light. And you're right, Chap... I haven't read about Snaggy using the 'N-Word' at all. I would've never know he did, had you not mentioned it.  Honestly, if someone other than Snaggy was talking the way he was talked, and acting the way he did, like he owned the house, etc... people would be outraged, yet for some reason, he gets a pass.

And yup ctown, I am pretty sure there are more people on board with Angie's nonsense, than we can possibly imagine. I actually read Angie's blog yesterday (don't ask me why) and I found out her mother was super conservative so it seems like Angie is doing everything she can to not be like her mom. But it's funny how much hatred comes out of her mouth, for someone who's supposed to be all peace, love and granola. Confused

I don't know why it's okay for some people to act one way and yet not okay for others to. But I think what's happening is that because of the current political climate, because people are SO against Trump, anyone who's not white, gets a pass, no matter what they do or say. And right now, Level 6 is the MAGA group (and JC to an extent, which makes no sense), and so anything they do or say
is frowned upon. Which I still don't get why. Judgmental much?

Also, it's this new generation of young adults, between 18-25, that are super sensitive. Like they're thinking is so weird. I didn't even realize this, but these kids have to go through a lot of sensitivity training now a days.  I was talking to some interns at my work, and they were saying that they have these training sessions about diversity and sensitivity to other cultures. Which is great, but they need to understand that it does not make everyone a racist! And that if one race isn't allowed to say certain words, then all races shouldn't say these same words.

I'm kind of going off topic here but bare with me... so I work for Microsoft and I choose images for the Lockscreens on PCs. Every month we have these reviews where the team decides which images are approved/rejected. So yesterday we had a review and I had given them an image of two cubs. A black cub and a white cub. The little white cub had his cute little paw on the black cub. Like they were hugging. Well one of the interns saw this as racist!  I was rolling my eyes so hard. I couldn't understand how this was racist? He then proceeded to explain that because the white cub had his paw on the black cub, he was overpowering him and so the intern saw it as the white man taking down the black man. I was flabbergasted. Seriously. Because of this sensitive intern, we couldn't use this super cute picture of two cubs.

Anyway, my point being is, people are going to continue to be uber sensitive to certain people and races. And I personally just don't get it! And I don't think I ever will. And it doesn't help that we have these media outlets, like TMZ fueling the fire! And yeah all those crazy FANatic morons in the BB universe (not us of course!).
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:38 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:


I'm kind of going off topic here but bare with me... so I work for Microsoft and I choose images for the Lockscreens on PCs. Every month we have these reviews where the team decides which images are approved/rejected. So yesterday we had a review and I had given them an image of two cubs. A black cub and a white cub. The little white cub had his cute little paw on the black cub. Like they were hugging. Well one of the interns saw this as racist!  I was rolling my eyes so hard. I couldn't understand how this was racist? He then proceeded to explain that because the white cub had his paw on the black cub, he was overpowering him and so the intern saw it as the white man taking down the black man. I was flabbergasted. Seriously. Because of this sensitive intern, we couldn't use this super cute picture of two cubs.

Anyway, my point being is, people are going to continue to be uber sensitive to certain people and races. And I personally just don't get it! And I don't think I ever will. And it doesn't help that we have these media outlets, like TMZ fueling the fire! And yeah all those crazy FANatic morons in the BB universe (not us of course!).

The sad part about this is that if the black cub had his paw on the white cub it would still be viewed as racist because then its depicting the black cub as a violent thug.

Oh and the reason JC is tied in with that group, even though he is a non-white gay man, is because he has made it known that he voted for Trump, therefore is a traitor to his people
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8803
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 am

I am so glad that I work from home and don't have to deal with this crap as much in my every day work. My husband, however, has had to go to these sensitivity seminars at work. He works in a manufacturing environment, so most of the people who work on the presses and such which is his department are men and most of the people in the front office are women.

An example of a reported incident to HR was when one of the guys in the factory told one of a women in the office she looked very nice when she had on a dress that was a bit more dressy than she usually wears. My husband said he witnessed it and it was not said in a lewd way, just simply complimentary. Add to this, the guy who said it is happily married anyway and has never had any questionable conduct. My husband is the foreman and went to bat for his guy, but it was still written as a formal complaint in his personnel file. It is all absurd.

And as Ctown has pointed out JC has been VERY clear that he voted for Trump and thinks he is doing a great job which is why Rockstar tries to engage JC in political talk.

For the life of me other than the bros, I don't really see Level 6 as part of a MAGA team at all. I would think the women on that team as well as Tyler would definitely have a strong opinion the other way, but who the hell knows. There are so many labels and assumptions it is just ridiculous.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get too political or anything, the news gives me more than I can stand of that on a daily basis, so back to the show I go!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11009
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 am

Level 6 may get that Stigma because one of the bros, Winston I think, he a strong 2nd amendment guy and absolutely loves his guns. I honestly want politics stay away from this show. When I want to discuss politics, there’s people I can discuss with. I debate back and forth with a friend of mine on Facebook. And it’s always civil and respectful even though we don’t agree. Rockstar doesn’t want that, she wants a confrontation so she can show how tolerant she is. Thing is, if engaged, I guarantee she will be anything but tolerant
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11613
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am

KeenLizzy wrote:
Oh my goodness... where do I even begin?? I want to scream!! Mad6 Mad6

I'm telling you there's something about Angie that for some reason, her shit isn't getting called on. She can do no wrong. And Bay as well. It's like they're purposely looking to just paint some people in bad light. And you're right, Chap... I haven't read about Snaggy using the 'N-Word' at all. I would've never know he did, had you not mentioned it.  Honestly, if someone other than Snaggy was talking the way he was talked, and acting the way he did, like he owned the house, etc... people would be outraged, yet for some reason, he gets a pass.

And yup ctown, I am pretty sure there are more people on board with Angie's nonsense, than we can possibly imagine. I actually read Angie's blog yesterday (don't ask me why) and I found out her mother was super conservative so it seems like Angie is doing everything she can to not be like her mom. But it's funny how much hatred comes out of her mouth, for someone who's supposed to be all peace, love and granola. Confused

I don't know why it's okay for some people to act one way and yet not okay for others to. But I think what's happening is that because of the current political climate, because people are SO against Trump, anyone who's not white, gets a pass, no matter what they do or say. And right now, Level 6 is the MAGA group (and JC to an extent, which makes no sense), and so anything they do or say
is frowned upon. Which I still don't get why. Judgmental much?

Also, it's this new generation of young adults, between 18-25, that are super sensitive. Like they're thinking is so weird. I didn't even realize this, but these kids have to go through a lot of sensitivity training now a days.  I was talking to some interns at my work, and they were saying that they have these training sessions about diversity and sensitivity to other cultures. Which is great, but they need to understand that it does not make everyone a racist! And that if one race isn't allowed to say certain words, then all races shouldn't say these same words.

I'm kind of going off topic here but bare with me... so I work for Microsoft and I choose images for the Lockscreens on PCs. Every month we have these reviews where the team decides which images are approved/rejected. So yesterday we had a review and I had given them an image of two cubs. A black cub and a white cub. The little white cub had his cute little paw on the black cub. Like they were hugging. Well one of the interns saw this as racist!  I was rolling my eyes so hard. I couldn't understand how this was racist? He then proceeded to explain that because the white cub had his paw on the black cub, he was overpowering him and so the intern saw it as the white man taking down the black man. I was flabbergasted. Seriously. Because of this sensitive intern, we couldn't use this super cute picture of two cubs.

Anyway, my point being is, people are going to continue to be uber sensitive to certain people and races. And I personally just don't get it! And I don't think I ever will. And it doesn't help that we have these media outlets, like TMZ fueling the fire! And yeah all those crazy FANatic morons in the BB universe (not us of course!).

First of all, ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The black and white cute little baby bears are RACIST??? Oh my! Is nothing safe anymore. Everyone is triggered and oversensitive. They need to put on their big people pants and get over it.

Second, love this post.

Third, Rockstar is definitely a flat earth gal. Cannot stand her, yet the cameras are drawn to her ridiculous babblings. :facepalm: :facepalm:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2279
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:14 pm

ctown28 wrote:


The sad part about this is that if the black cub had his paw on the white cub it would still be viewed as racist because then its depicting the black cub as a violent thug.

I brought this up actually...and they thought it'd be a bit better if the black cub had the paw over the white one. I called bullshit! They'd still see it as racist. And I completely agree with you... they would've seen the black cub as being violent!

chap5788 wrote:
I am so glad that I work from home and don't have to deal with this crap as much in my every day work. My husband, however, has had to go to these sensitivity seminars at work. He works in a manufacturing environment, so most of the people who work on the presses and such which is his department are men and most of the people in the front office are women.

An example of a reported incident to HR was when one of the guys in the factory told one of a women in the office she looked very nice when she had on a dress that was a bit more dressy than she usually wears. My husband said he witnessed it and it was not said in a lewd way, just simply complimentary. Add to this, the guy who said it is happily married anyway and has never had any questionable conduct. My husband is the foreman and went to bat for his guy, but it was still written as a formal complaint in his personnel file. It is all absurd.

And as Ctown has pointed out JC has been VERY clear that he voted for Trump and thinks he is doing a great job which is why Rockstar tries to engage JC in political talk.

For the life of me other than the bros, I don't really see Level 6 as part of a MAGA team at all. I would think the women on that team as well as Tyler would definitely have a strong opinion the other way, but who the hell knows. There are so many labels and assumptions it is just ridiculous.

I work from home too, Chap! But unfortunately I still have to deal with these issues during our Skype meetings. And I have to take training seminars as well every year...they're so ridiculous!

Gosh what a crazy story. It's gotten to a point where a man can't even compliment a woman anymore. There's a difference between a nice compliment and a sleazy 'Mad Men' type of compliment. That's great your husband went to bat for the guy...too bad he was still written up.

I don't see Level 6 as part of MAGA either, except Winston. But only because he's all into his guns and stuff. But yeah, it's all ridiculous the amount of labels and assumptions going on. Even on Winston's instagram account, his family have asked that people stop DMing them hateful vitriol comments. They mentioned they can't believe what some of the people have said about Winston and threatened them and stuff. It's the Shelley thing all over again!


capricious1 wrote:
First of all, ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The black and white cute little baby bears are RACIST??? Oh my! Is nothing safe anymore. Everyone is triggered and oversensitive. They need to put on their big people pants and get over it.

Second, love this post.

Third, Rockstar is definitely a flat earth gal. Cannot stand her, yet the cameras are drawn to her ridiculous babblings.  
:facepalm: :facepalm:

Thanks Capri...and I couldn't believe it either. Black and White cute baby cubs are not racists. They're best friends! TeeHee

Yeah I totally see Angie as a flat earther, conspiracy nut. I don't know why Angie and KarmaKait are getting such good edits. Well at least KarmaKait is...especially with yesterday's ep (which I'll get into on the other thread!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: JC on TMZ again?   

Back to top Go down
 
JC on TMZ again?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 20 :: Big Brother 20: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: