Share | 

Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 8804

PostSubject: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm

This morning JC was mentioning the silence in the house (kind of camera talking or talking to production from the backyard). He said there is no music, people can't sing or whistle...........there aren't even any bird sounds! He said these are things that could drive someone crazy. He went on to mention that they could easily copyright at least a few songs, even if they have to listen to the same ones over and over it would be better than nothing.

This brought a question to my mind. I know the reason they can't sing, have music or quote dialogue from music comes from the copyright issues and people getting paid for their art being used in a commercial sense. But, aren't there celebrities and/or musicians out there who are fans of BB? If so, couldn't they release their own music that could be used in the house. I understand they can't have music going on all through the house 24/7, but maybe a music night for an hour or so, or something where the hg's can cut loose, dance, and be a bit more social. And better yet, give them alcohol on those night. Oh, I just thought of something, the have-nots have to stay in the house and not participate each week! That is a way to incorporate it into the game.

If there are indeed musicians who are fans of the show I could see them releasing their library for a 1 night a week thing, just like American Idol or other music shows do. And I know there is a cost involved here, but if the musician is a fan of the show, it might not be that bad in the grand scheme of things. Plus you put alcohol and music into the house on a regular basis, add a wedge with have-nots not being able to participate and some guards go down, and some people get pissed, which are really good ingredients for more drama as well.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: Re: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

It is possible, but those artists would have to come forward and offer it, CBS is not going to go out of there way to do it. Evel Dick told a story about how he was able to wear some band's shirts. He got the band to sign the waivers that allowed him to do so. Another band no showed him when he was supposed to meet them before going in the house, so they never signed, well the band that he did have the waivers from ended up selling like 50,000 tshirts just from the exposure of him wearing those shirts.

This seem like it would be an ideal thing for an indy band to do when they are trying to make a name for themselves. But it's all about having those connections and knowing someone to contact for that to happen. I can't see an established artist going out of their way. If you think about it, Ariana Grande never signed a waiver because she would want to get paid for her music and there is no way BB is going to pay, they are too cheap, even with the money they rake in
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2282

PostSubject: Re: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 pm

chap5788 wrote:
This morning JC was mentioning the silence in the house (kind of camera talking or talking to production from the backyard).  He said there is no music, people can't sing or whistle...........there aren't even any bird sounds!  He said these are things that could drive someone crazy.  He went on to mention that they could easily copyright at least a few songs, even if they have to listen to the same ones over and over it would be better than nothing.

This brought a question to my mind.  I know the reason they can't sing, have music or quote dialogue from music comes from the copyright issues and people getting paid for their art being used in a commercial sense.  But, aren't there celebrities and/or musicians out there who are fans of BB?  If so, couldn't they release their own music that could be used in the house.  I understand they can't have music going on all through the house 24/7, but maybe a music night for an hour or so, or something where the hg's can cut loose, dance, and be a bit more social.  And better yet, give them alcohol on those night.  Oh, I just thought of something, the have-nots have to stay in the house and not participate each week!  That is a way to incorporate it into the game.

If there are indeed musicians who are fans of the show I could see them releasing their library for a 1 night a week thing, just like American Idol or other music shows do.  And I know there is a cost involved here, but if the musician is a fan of the show, it might not be that bad in the grand scheme of things.  Plus you put alcohol and music into the house on a regular basis, add a wedge with have-nots not being able to participate and some guards go down, and some people get pissed, which are really good ingredients for more drama as well.

I think BB does this on purpose. Because they could definitely license music. It's expensive, but not THAT expensive. I work with the Music Licensing team who licenses the music for Xbox games and it's surprising how inexpensive some songs actually are. However, it isn't only the musicians who have to agree with letting them use the music, it's also the music label and producers.  

But again, it isn't that difficult to grab a bunch of songs and license them. Especially since there's CBS Records, which Les Moonves owns. I'm sure they could grab songs from that record label at low cost *rockon*

SO, I think BB does this on purpose. They want the HGs to not have music or TV or any entertainment. But I guess having the iPod is like a treat when you win HOH.

That's a great idea though, to have a little dance party with the HGs and the Have-nots can't participate. Heh...that would definitely drive them insane.
4dance Dancing Mex Banana 2dance 1dance 6dance
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:55 pm

What a cool story about Dick, leave it to him to think of something like that before entering the house.

I would never even think of Ariana Grande doing ANYTHING where she didn't make as much money as possible. That girl thought she deserved star treatment before she had even became a big star. She has done some charity stuff too, but for the most part, this girl is about herself plain and simple.

That is a good idea about an up and coming band too. It doesn't have to be a billboard buster, just someone who might be a fan of the show. Kind of like Cia contacting Survivor the past couple of years to give a deserving survivor a prize at the end of the season because she is a fan of the show. Not saying it would have to be someone that big, but just those particular circumstances.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
This morning JC was mentioning the silence in the house (kind of camera talking or talking to production from the backyard).  He said there is no music, people can't sing or whistle...........there aren't even any bird sounds!  He said these are things that could drive someone crazy.  He went on to mention that they could easily copyright at least a few songs, even if they have to listen to the same ones over and over it would be better than nothing.

This brought a question to my mind.  I know the reason they can't sing, have music or quote dialogue from music comes from the copyright issues and people getting paid for their art being used in a commercial sense.  But, aren't there celebrities and/or musicians out there who are fans of BB?  If so, couldn't they release their own music that could be used in the house.  I understand they can't have music going on all through the house 24/7, but maybe a music night for an hour or so, or something where the hg's can cut loose, dance, and be a bit more social.  And better yet, give them alcohol on those night.  Oh, I just thought of something, the have-nots have to stay in the house and not participate each week!  That is a way to incorporate it into the game.

If there are indeed musicians who are fans of the show I could see them releasing their library for a 1 night a week thing, just like American Idol or other music shows do.  And I know there is a cost involved here, but if the musician is a fan of the show, it might not be that bad in the grand scheme of things.  Plus you put alcohol and music into the house on a regular basis, add a wedge with have-nots not being able to participate and some guards go down, and some people get pissed, which are really good ingredients for more drama as well.

I think BB does this on purpose. Because they could definitely license music. It's expensive, but not THAT expensive. I work with the Music Licensing team who licenses the music for Xbox games and it's surprising how inexpensive some songs actually are. However, it isn't only the musicians who have to agree with letting them use the music, it's also the music label and producers.  

But again, it isn't that difficult to grab a bunch of songs and license them. Especially since there's CBS Records, which Les Moonves owns. I'm sure they could grab songs from that record label at low cost  *rockon*

SO, I think BB does this on purpose. They want the HGs to not have music or TV or any entertainment. But I guess having the iPod is like a treat when you win HOH.

That's a great idea though, to have a little dance party with the HGs and the Have-nots can't participate. Heh...that would definitely drive them insane.
4dance Dancing Mex Banana 2dance 1dance 6dance

I knew you or Ctown or both of you would have more information about this subject, that is why I posted it on here. I really do think it is a great idea by tying it into the game like that, but of course we know it does no good to submit an idea to BB production because they don't listen to their fans anyway. They even bring back different twists and things that are supposedly "by popular demand" when we see no evidence of it from most BB fans.

Ctown, our only hope is to send you in to snuggle up with your cuddle bunny Grodner and pitch the idea!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: Re: Question   Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm

They do get wakeup music, but the feeds are off for that
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Question   Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:15 am

ctown28 wrote:
They do get wakeup music, but the feeds are off for that

Yep, I knew they got that. I remember in one season the songs seemed to point to what was to come in the next comp or eviction a couple of times so everyone that season would discuss the songs every day trying to figure out what it meant. It turned out it was only a couple of times where it meant anything, but it sure had the hg's going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question   

Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1