AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 11330

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 pm

No this is not the old when that dies right away where we give our goodbye messages, just a thread to talk about the ones given

Now I have only read them and haven't watched yet, but Brett and Angelas were hilarious. I think Tyler really has them convinced that he is giving nasty ones too and that could be a part of his jury management strategy. If it is, well played. I just dpn't see a reason to kick someone when they're down. Even if they aren't going to jury and going home, there's really no need for it. They're out of the game and they no longer affect you
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Now I'm reading that Tylers message was not shown. Other HG's are chiming in on Twitter and have confirmed you only get to see the ones they show you on CBS, you don't get to see the rest after the show goes off the air. Tht's BS, they should show each and every one of them
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 9175

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Brett said the other day that he was leaving a nasty message for RS because he knows there is no way in hell she is voting for him at the end anyway. That may be true, but it is still a dumb move in my opinion. That being said, I could see him standing up on finale night (if he is in the final 2) and saying that those messages were made for TV or something of that sort and he is just good enough of a salesman to make some people buy it.

I think Angela's message was fitting. RS has been calling her an entitled bitch (and worse) since the first week of the season, so she deserved that one.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 pm

Deserved has nothing to do with it, we've seen over the past bunch of seasons how poor jury management can come back and bite you in the ass. I admit, they were funny as hell and I can't wait to watch them, I just don't see the purpose of them. I guess I forget what it's like to be young and full of attitude like that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:35 am

I just came up with a great idea for goodbye messages. Make the live eviction show 90 minutes so they can still do their fluff pieces and catch up after veto. The evicted hg gets the Julie interview, then one by one they go to DR for a live goodbye message. Yeah, people can get long winded but you put a time limit on them. I think it would be great tv. Especially from the team that gets blindsided. You don’t even need to start this until jury
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Now it comes out that the jurors do see all of the goodbyes messages

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/allison-grodner-interview-big-brother-20-week-7-review/

Quote :
Allison Grodner: The goodbye message can be an important part of strategy for the HGs when talking to a jury member and we keep that in mind as well. We have had HGs come back into the diary room in the past and ask to do a new message at the last minute and we definitely make sure the message they intend is the one that the juror sees. Even though we shorten the message for the live show, we are careful that the intent is the same. One thing viewers don’t know is that the jurors will see all of their messages once they get to the jury house even if they didn’t make it in the show.

I’m glad they get to see them all, night be something new or some of the former players were full of shit. But we should get to see them too. There’s no reason they can’t put them online for us to see. They could be on Ross and Marissas show or even show them when the feeds go down for ceremonies and comps. They might even get more people to buy all access if they could see the messages. America is, after all, an alternate juror. If someone were to self evict or have to leave for any reason, what choice would they have but to put America’s vote as a possible tiebreaker?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Now it comes out that the jurors do see all of the goodbyes messages

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/allison-grodner-interview-big-brother-20-week-7-review/

Quote :
Allison Grodner: The goodbye message can be an important part of strategy for the HGs when talking to a jury member and we keep that in mind as well. We have had HGs come back into the diary room in the past and ask to do a new message at the last minute and we definitely make sure the message they intend is the one that the juror sees. Even though we shorten the message for the live show, we are careful that the intent is the same. One thing viewers don’t know is that the jurors will see all of their messages once they get to the jury house even if they didn’t make it in the show.

I’m glad they get to see them all, night be something new or some of the former players were full of shit. But we should get to see them too. There’s no reason they can’t put them online for us to see. They could be on Ross and Marissas show or even show them when the feeds go down for ceremonies and comps. They might even get more people to buy all access if they could see the messages. America is, after all, an alternate juror. If someone were to self evict or have to leave for any reason, what choice would they have but to put America’s vote as a possible tiebreaker?

When you posted the other day about them only seeing the ones we see on the episode, I thought that was incorrect. I thought you had said in the last couple of seasons that someone on Dick at Nite had talked about them seeing all the messages, but when you posted that, I just figured it was something I was remembering incorrectly.

Also Derrick's tweet about Tyler's messages not being bad enough to make the show and giving him kudos or the strategy didn't seem to make sense if the all of them were not seen by the jurors.

I whole-heartedly agree that we should get to see all of the messages too. Like you said there are a number of places to post those on the CBS website or the feeds or whatever. They claim that they want the game to be more interactive and this would be an easy thing to do in order to accomplish that goal if they really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 2:38 pm

I bumped this thread up because I think these are more important than ever in my opinion.

Now that the battle back is over and the hg's have to know nobody else is returning to the house at this point, it is time to start building their resume with the jury.

First thing they all need to do is to let Scottie know that the elusive answer that he and his hive/foutte alliance have been chasing about who has been flipping votes all season is JC. Second thing is to tell him about L6 and how they have been staying loyal to each other since day 2 or 3.

Specifically, Tyler needs to tell Scottie that he wanted to work with him in the game, but Scottie kept going back to his original group and the early deals with Swaggy meant nothing because of all the other deals Swaggy was making throughout the house.

KC needs to reveal that she won the hacker comp that saved their alliance the week of Hay's HOH. This shows she was not only a loyal soldier for that side of the house, but she was also a player having won it and even though she was accused, ultimately was able to get people to believe it was not her. Also that she knew that Scottie was the vote, but had to protect and go along with Brett so once again her acting skills played a big role.

Angela needs to tell Scottie that because they lost Winston and Rachel along the way, they wanted to bring Scottie in, but the very next week he went right back to the other group and threw her under the bus, so that sealed his fate.

When Brett reveals JC as the vote flipper, he needs to impress upon Scottie that this was the biggest reason him and Winston went the other way with their votes. JC told them that Steve was specifically targeting the bros for the very next week and lying to them about being on their side. They thought Scottie was a part of it as well. He already told Scottie that he claimed the RS vote because it made sure he wasn't backdoored and got to play in the veto.

Sam and JC are irrelevant because I don't think they ever reveal anything other than they liked the person for this reason or that reason.

Now it is very important when they reveal JC's double dealing that they don't make it seem like JC gets credit for all the game play. Tyler for instance should say that he used JC as an informant to know where there votes were each week and L6 and JC would coordinate the votes to make sure that the other side of the house would be fighting about votes every single week and screw up their alliance. That way if JC gets to the end he doesn't get too much credit for his role in this. Make sure he is shown as on the outside of the alliance trying to get in, but they just used the information to move forward. Admit they kept JC safe for most of the game for this reason alone.

Scottie will enter the jury house and spill all this information and Fessy's head will explode having been made a fool of the ENTIRE season for sure. And of course RS and Bay will say they knew it the entire time that the 6 of them were together, which they guessed things from time to time, but never put the entire group together. But the most important aspect of this entire thing is that it gives them food for thought as far as this was a group that played the game from beginning to end, kept everyone else in the dark, sent home people from the other side of the house every week except 2 and made it to the end. It just might stir up some respect for the players even though these are very bitter jurors. It also removes JC's ability to taint the jury once he gets there all but hurt that he was evicted because they will all view him as a rat.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:18 pm

They should’ve been doing this since jury started since they were never certain someone was coming back. The jurors wouldn’t see that part of the goodbye message until they are permanent jurors

Tyler needs to be very careful not to reveal any of his final 2 deals to anyone. It’s going to be difficult enough for that to not get out. Eventually people will talk
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 pm

I disagree Ctown. The battle back happens almost every season so no reason to think it wouldn't this time, especially since Kaitlyn screwed up that simple puzzle and didn't return. Also, by telling the next 5 jury members about this information, it will get back to the rest of the jury anyway, but it is a bit safer to do at this point. As far as them not seeing that part until later, I would not be so sure. They showed Brett totally shit on RS about laughing about not having voted to keep her and at that point she had no idea who voted to keep her. If Scottie had not come to jury and confirmed it, who knows what she may have been thinking. And there has been other tidbits that I would have thought should not be shared with jury members if there was a chance they would return.

I do agree that it is going to get pretty tricky for Tyler and his final 2 deals. But there are explanations he can give to each of them specifically that could smooth those things over. To Sam, he could say he tried to keep her safe as long as possible, but because she is so well liked by the rest of the jury (something RS told her before she left) people were threatened by her and he couldn't throw his own game away to save her. She would eat that shit up I believe. As for JC, that is another easy one. He could tell him that he tried to warn him not to start rocking the boat too early because information gets out to other people. He couldn't defend him because he would be a target too and besides nobody would beat him at the end. JC would accept that (as long as Tyler is not DIRECTLY responsible for his eviction) because it is the same thing he has said to Fessy and others a number of times....................you have to protect your own game first.

Your post made me stop and think about something that I had not realized before. The only final 2 that Tyler actually proposed was to KC. The others were proposed to him from the other person. Maybe that is why he seems to be truest (at least for now) to his deal with KC. Brett was the last one to propose a final 2 so maybe this is why he seems the most distant with Brett.

And later when it comes down to it, if he has to let Angela or Brett go, those will be much easier to explain. Angela had a final 2 with Rachel and Brett had a final 2 with Winston so that left him and KC together within L6 and since that deal was already made, he had to keep his word. I think both of them would accept that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 11:26 pm

Brett and Angela were warned on their messages and asked if they really wanted to say that on the messages to a jury member. Production is not going to tip anyone off of a possible returnee

And no, there is not a jury battle back each season, last year Cody came back perjury and that was it. Yes they had to do something to offset Kaitlyn but that could’ve been a no eviction week.

Jury management is a big part of the game, it cost Paul last season because he shit on everyone. You don’t know how much of the message will get to the jurors initially, but Grodner confirmed in an interview that after its final, they are shown the entire message. You start hat management with first juror. Angela and Brett left nasty ones to bay and RS respectively and we know those two want to vote together. Bad move
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 1:14 am

Now is the time for Tyler to be giving the L6 alliance in his messages. Telling about his power app gets him nothing. All that does to me is says he had a safety cushion

JC had the worst one of all. With winning zero comps he basically said he just does what he’s told by the HoH. If I’m in jury and know that, no way I’m voting for him
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 6:07 am

If you noticed, Tyler's GBM was obviously edited. I believe he told him that he knew what was going on because of the L6 alliance and that he had the power app for 2 months that he didn't even need to use. Hopefully he will see the entire messages later.

I agree with your take on JC's GBM. He is so quick to brag about all his game prowess to people in the house and when he is in the DR, so why act like some innocent in a GBM like this. I am surprised JC would not take advantage of that situation.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
KeenLizzy

Female Posts : 2311

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 pm

I think since Scottie spilled the tea on the bitter jury, JC was trying to act innocent because he figured Scottie would go back and tell the jury everything! And so then Scottie can say JC had nothing to do with getting any of them evicted.

Because with this stupid jury, they don’t care about gameplay! All they care about is their feelings and they’re not going to vote for anyone they don’t like. Especially if they think that person had something to do with their eviction.

As much as I hated Derrick and his stupid game, he was good because he let Cody take the fall and never put blood on his hands and he NEVER let on that he was the mastermind. Because I think he knew they’d be pissed about that.

It’s not ol’ skool Big Brother where you get awarded for actually playing a good game and admitting you got GOT! This is now Big Brother, where the HGs award 500k to the player they like the most. Whether or not they played a good game!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 3:26 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
I think since Scottie spilled the tea on the bitter jury, JC was trying to act innocent because he figured Scottie would go back and tell the jury everything! And so then Scottie can say JC had nothing to do with getting any of them evicted.

Because with this stupid jury, they don’t care about gameplay! All they care about is their feelings and they’re not going to vote for anyone they don’t like. Especially if they think that person had something to do with their eviction.

As much as I hated Derrick and his stupid game, he was good because he let Cody take the fall and never put blood on his hands and he NEVER let on that he was the mastermind. Because I think he knew they’d be pissed about that.

It’s not ol’ skool Big Brother where you get awarded for actually playing a good game and admitting you got GOT! This is now Big Brother, where the HGs award 500k to the player they like the most. Whether or not they played a good game!

Unfortunately you are right about game play not being rewarded anymore and that is really a shame. I understand voting on personal things to a certain extent, which is why jury management is a part of the game many people screw up. If you screw people over just because you can, it will come back to bite you. But, if you backstab someone because it was the only option to move yourself forward that is different. Sometimes it is a very fine line for sure.

I do disagree with Derrick's position on this subject though. He NEVER owned anything he did. From the outside looking in, of course he deserved to win that season. But if I were sitting in the jury, I am not sure it would have been such a slam dunk for my vote. My question for Derrick would have been, so why should we believe you had ANYTHING to do with any of the game moves and didn't simply ride Cody's coat tails to the end of the game? If he didn't own up to that stuff in a very convincing way, I may have voted the other way.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 4:03 pm

I don't think anyone likes the bitter jury, but you at least have to do something to sway them away. Own your moves and such in those goodbye messages. If any of the people in L6, I'm telling whoever is evicted in my message that I've been in a secret alliance with these people since the beginning and it was strictly a game move. If they're still bitter after that, I gave it my best effort.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 5:02 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I don't think anyone likes the bitter jury, but you at least have to do something to sway them away.  Own your moves and such in those goodbye messages.  If any of the people in L6, I'm telling whoever is evicted in my message that I've been in a secret alliance with these people since the beginning and it was strictly a game move.  If they're still bitter after that, I gave it my best effort.

Exactly! You own your own behavior, don't rub their face in it, don't insult them (even though as a viewer I do relish these last two things) and give them the facts in distinctly as possible without sounding too arrogant.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
ctown28

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 am

At first I thought Angela and Kaycee made a mistake by laying blame on Brett if they planned on sending him out next. As it turns out that could help them since hay is so gullible.

Angela’s message was the worst though, sounded very scripted and fake. Almost as if she was reading off a cue card
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye messages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye messages   Goodbye messages Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye messages
Page 1 of 1