The future of Big Brother

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 11013

PostSubject: The future of Big Brother   Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Over the weekend, Les Moonves stepped down as CEO of CBS.  As you all know he is Julies husband.  It has been confirmed Julie will be there for the show this Thursday and there are plans in place should she decide not to finish the season, which seems unlikely.

Now normally by this point of the season, the show gets renewed for at least another season, this has not happened yet and social media is having a major over-reaction with a save big brother campaign.

Even if CBS were not to renew the show, another network would pick it up in a heartbeat.  It is a consistent ratings winner 3 nights a week.  There is speculation all over as to if the exec producers would stay on, the format change, casting changes, etc.  It is all speculation at this point and I am not going to speculate.  Right now I'm just going to watch how this season plays out and take it from there
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 8804

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Thanks for posting the information Ctown. I wondered whether or not Julie would even be there this week, let alone finish the season. I heard one news clip where they said she was taking a leave of absence, but I didn't catch whether they were talking about her show The Talk or it meant everything.

It is a horrible situation for sure. The accusations are very, very serious and need to be dealt with accordingly. I felt bad for Julie initially, thinking the backlash would hit her for no reason, but I have seen a few reports that she tried to protect his behavior as well. Not knowing all the details, I don't know how to feel about that part of it, because that would be a shitty situation to be in for sure. I truly do feel sorry for their son, he is the one who will suffer after having done absolutely nothing in this situation.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Well Julie is far from a Saint, back then she was the "other woman" that Moonves cheated with and ended up getting married to him.  But this was how many years ago?  I agree 100% that her child should be left out of it.  The main thing people talk about through the whole thing is the victims.  Yes, nobody deserves that to happen to them and it's a shame it takes this long for people to start coming forward with it.  Of course it doesn't discount what happened to them, but lets see how many civil lawsuits follow.  I have no doubt that this happened in each instance, but I think there may be some woemn crying foul just to try and cash in.  Unfortunately there is no way to tell who is credible and who is not?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:26 am

That's the unfortunate thing, it only takes a few unsubstantiated claims to reduce the credibility of the real ones. That is how this culture has flourished because people don't feel they will be believed and often times they aren't.

The "me too" movement is an important one, but at the same time there are some careers that are being ruined for some situations that happened so long ago and don't rise to the level of actual harassment or assault. It was a different culture and time that many years ago. It doesn't make it right and those people still need to be heard, but some of the claims I have heard are really just someone behaving badly as opposed to actual harassment. Now it is almost going too far where if a person compliments someone a few times or asks them out, it is suddenly harassment.

My husband is a production foreman in a printing factory. The press workers all men and the front office people are all women. Nothing sexist about this they had 4 women in manufacturing who retired in the last few years and they have had men in the front office in recent years as well.

There was one incident about a month ago where one of the single ladies was really dressed up more than usual because she had something going on after work. One of the guys (who is married) from the plant had to go to the front office for some paperwork. He commented on her being dress up by saying "Wow, you look great today.........whoever the guy is, he is going to be knocked off his feet!"

She reported him to HR and he got written up for a "minor infraction" and had to watch a sexual harassment video. Now you tell me what the hell was wrong with this situation? My husband happened to be in the office when it happened and went to bat for him, but he still got reprimanded because companies are so worried they will look complicit.

It is situations like this that are completely innocent that take away the credibility of those people who experience ACTUAL harassment and/or assault. It is just a matter of actually HEARING the facts and making a judgment.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:14 pm

So was this Julies final episode? She shocked a ton of people with her sign off "I'm Julie Chen-Moonves" CBS cannot be too happy about that at all. I think now they have to take some sort of action on it
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm

But then again, thye may welcome the extra publicity, even though its in a negative light
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Well Julie gave her farewell message today on the Talk so she won’t be back there. Rumor has it that she will be receiving a very generous buyout from CBS and will finish the season.

That doesn’t necessarily mean she’s done with B.B. if it changes networks I could easily see her signing on. CBS may just let it go even though it continues to be a ratings winner
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 pm

I did notice she added the other last name when she signed off on the last episode and I thought it was odd.

I guess I don't understand why she has to be let go because her husband is probably pervert who has abused his power over women in this way. I know Ctown said she was the "other woman" and then eventually married him, but there are a lot of marriages out there that begin that way and it still would not make HER guilty for HIS behavior. Unless she is involved in some way to cover up the situation or made payoffs to these women or something else underhanded, I don't understand why she should lose her job because of it.

I do understand stepping down from The Talk because part of the job there is to talk about current events/news that is out there and it would be hard for her to cover any other "me too" type things that might come along or other perverted issues that come to light on a regular basis these days. But BB is a reality show that has NOTHING to do with any of that. Obviously it would be difficult for her to work with some CBS executives and vice versa, but there are a lot of celebrities out there who have been reported to have difficulties with certain networks and/or executives, but they still sign them.

I don't see CBS letting this show go, but I am wrong about these things more times than not. I really don't care what network it shown on as long as it is not canceled.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 am

She’s not being let go and she was not let go from the Talk. CBS is buying out her contract, she’s getting a nice payday out of it. From a pr standpoint, it makes sense, cbs wants to distance themselves as far away as they can, by employing his wife, they can’t do that
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:58 am

Well I don't know the ins and outs of those kinds of contracts. I would have thought that she would have to agree to the contract buy out in order for that to happen, but apparently from what you are saying one side can unilaterally do this. In any event, I still don't think that she should be held responsible for the actions of her husband unless she was directly involved in the situations in some way. If not, she is a separate person regardless of the person she happens to be married to.

Also we have to remember that the next season of BB is almost a year away. By that time, this story could easily have died down or been settled or whatever. CBS could keep the show and just not name the host until next spring, so anything could happen by then. I just don't see CBS letting this summer ratings winner go, but like I said I don't know much about the ins and outs of this stuff. And again, I don't care what network it ends up being on, I just don't want to see the show canceled.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:14 am

Both sides do have to agree, that’s why the buyout is so lucrative for her

I’m not gonna jump the gun and say it goes to another network, but it’s weird that it hasn’t been renewed yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of Big Brother   

Back to top Go down

The future of Big Brother
Page 1 of 1