HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 America's favorite

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: America's favorite   Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:23 pm

We have this discussion every year as to whether or not the vote for this is legit and I can see pros and cons to each side of the issue.

Joker's does a daily poll of popularity throughout the season. It is usually pretty accurate when it comes to those people who have consistently been at the top of the daily polls for the last half of the season as far as who ends up in the running for AFP each season. However, the site (as well as other sites like this) don't have the volumes they once had because of the use of social media and I recognize that.

For many weeks Tyler and KC have been at the top of the poll (Tyler first and KC second). But with the potential of the 2 of them being in the final 2 together one would assume the next 2 or 3 people on the poll would be in the running, in this case it would be Brett and Angela. Of course hearing from Ctown and Lizzy about the social media vitriol against Angela, I don't see her even coming close and Brett didn't get a lot of TV time because they were too busy making the JC segments and the showmance segments.

All this being said, I am worried that Sam actually has a chance to win AFP and I think that would be a travesty. When I watch the feeds there are chat rooms that run dialogue alongside the video. For the past few days, I have seen A LOT of people saying they are going to vote for Sam. These are people who regular watch the feeds and know about her disturbing behavior and also know she did not really play the game, just let people protect her and injected herself here and there in many ways that didn't even make sense. Some defend their position by saying because she is so different and had no idea what the hell she was doing to make it as far as she did is a reason to vote for her. Some are saying because she is so weird and different from anyone who has been on the show before makes them want her to win. Some are saying that she "needs it most" either financially or just for her self worth. Some say they have been entertained by her hillbilly attitude toward everything and not afraid to go off the rails and tell people what she thinks.

Then I look at the end of season poll that Joker's has open each season where people vote on who SHOULD win versus who WILL win the game and AFP, how each jury member will probably vote given the 3 possible final 3 scenarios, etc. They have Tyler winning AFP with Sam, Brett and Hay in the next 3 slots pretty closely matched (although WAAAYYY behind Tyler). Now obviously I believe Tyler will be in one of the final 2 chairs, so his votes aren't going to count, but in what world would Sam even be in the running at all? Brett was at least entertaining while he was in the house and actually playing the game. Hay fought like hell and never gave up even when she had no chance, so either of them, I can at least correlate some facts behind it. But Sam? Really?

I sure hope that Lizzy or Ctown (or anyone else for that matter) can come here and shed some light on what they are seeing on social media because if we end up with Sam as AFP something is seriously wrong. Then if my other haunting suspicion is true that KC will get cut at the final 3 and not be in one of those final 2 chairs, it will be a complete travesty of an ending to what has been a great season for the most part.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 am

I don’t vote in AFP and wish they would just do away with. It adds nothing to the game. This brings up another reason this season was so good, none of the HGs were pandering to the cameras for the AFP vote like we’ve seen in past seasons. Not even much on social media. All I’ve seen is Winston campaigning for Brett.

My main update site that gets many more hits than most hast Tyler, KC, Brett, Angela and Haleigh as the top 5. Sam is 6th and jc is 9th but jc got a very favorable edit and they continue to give the sympathy edit for him with the no family angle.

I honestly don’t care who gets it. The last time I cared was S16 and even then I didn’t care who got it as long as it wasn’t Frankie
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Those top 4 are the same as Joker's daily poll too, so I hope that is what it turns out to be. I just think it would be a travesty if Sam were to win anything considering her disturbing behavior in the house.

Because Brett got hosed so bad by his alliance, I am hoping he can pull it off. I know they have tried to push the JC edit week after week, but it is just not working. He can be entertaining, but he can also be very annoying, rude and crude as well.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 pm

@realvegasbackup wrote:
As of AM, Tyler leads AFP by a big double digit % lead. Kaycee next at 2nd. Brett & Sam at 3/4, close. Haleigh at distant 5th. Tyler to Haleigh swing is huge. Angela barely out of T5. New report should be tomorrow AM.

Rest of HGs, not close.

Who are you voting AFP?

#BB20 #AFP

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 pm

ctown28 wrote:
@realvegasbackup wrote:
As of AM, Tyler leads AFP by a big double digit % lead. Kaycee next at 2nd. Brett & Sam at 3/4, close. Haleigh at distant 5th. Tyler to Haleigh swing is huge. Angela barely out of T5. New report should be tomorrow AM.

Rest of HGs, not close.

Who are you voting AFP?

#BB20 #AFP


Thanks for posting Ctown. That pretty much matches the joker's daily poll information, except Sam is in like 7th place there with a couple of the pre-jury hg's ahead of her there. But in the part where people say who WILL or SHOULD win she is in 2nd or 3rd place. I can't believe she is even in the running for this. It just turns my stomach.

I have been voting for Brett because I am holding onto hope that KC and Tyler will be the final 2 so neither would be eligible. If I were to vote for my favorite regardless of the final 2, I would have been voting for KC. She was pretty entertaining when she had the punishments, she didn't bitch but made the most of them. She treated people with respect even when she was working to evict them, including Fessy who was pretty disrespectful to many people in the house with his daily living actions (leaving milk out, eating other people's food, dismissive, etc.). She never threw any comps (too bad she didn't get chosen to play any vetoes until Hay won hacker and put her in the veto). She went on the block without bitching and freaking out for the team. She could be quirky and silly at times. I just really enjoyed watching her once she got past the first couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 am

chap5788 wrote:


Thanks for posting Ctown.  That pretty much matches the joker's daily poll information, except Sam is in like 7th place there with a couple of the pre-jury hg's ahead of her there.  But in the part where people say who WILL or SHOULD win she is in 2nd or 3rd place.  I can't believe she is even in the running for this.  It just turns my stomach.

I have been voting for Brett because I am holding onto hope that KC and Tyler will be the final 2 so neither would be eligible.  If I were to vote for my favorite regardless of the final 2, I would have been voting for KC.  She was pretty entertaining when she had the punishments, she didn't bitch but made the most of them.  She treated people with respect even when she was working to evict them, including Fessy who was pretty disrespectful to many people in the house with his daily living actions (leaving milk out, eating other people's food, dismissive, etc.).  She never threw any comps (too bad she didn't get chosen to play any vetoes until Hay won hacker and put her in the veto).  She went on the block without bitching and freaking out for the team.  She could be quirky and silly at times.  I just really enjoyed watching her once she got past the first couple of weeks.

Big Brother Network interviewed AG and she said everyone is eligible for AFH including F2. So Tyler could potentially win the entire thing including AFP!

BBN: It comes up near the end of every season and we’re never sure of the answer. Are the F2 HGs eligible for the America’s Fav HG prize or is that restricted to HGs not already about to win top two prize money?

Allison Grodner: America’s Favorite HG is open to all the HGs.

The article is here if you’d like to read it:
http://bigbrothernetwork.com/allison-grodner-interview-big-brother-20-week-10-review/

With that being said... I’m voting for Bro1. And I’m sending out the Lizzy mist so that he at least wins AFH! Since he did get screwed over by L6/5/4/3!! Plus like you said, he was entertaining! So hopefully he wins.
hypnotize hypnotize hypnotize
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 am

Grodner is full of shit. Technically she’s right that all of them are eligible but she doesn’t tell you that they can use discretion. According to Vegas Derrick had most votes for S16 but production decided to give it to Donnie who was in 2nd since Derrick won the game. I can see them giving it to whoever loses in F2 but not the winner. And I really don’t want it to be Sam. And I still don’t even believe the vote is legit. Show us the final results
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 pm

@Realvegasbackup wrote:
Update of AFP:

Tyler still double digit % lead.
Brett's 24 hrs biggest % jump, now 2nd
Kaycee 3rd lost lead.
Haleigh and Sam now 4/5. Haleigh big jump too. Sam dropped bunch+Angela same as tracked. Angela <1% from 5th.

Rest still very distant.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 pm

If I had been doing that interview and she gave me that answer I would have followed with this:

"Well with that in mind, why has it never happened before?.............You mean to say that since the inception of this prize being awarded on the show that the first or second place winners have NEVER won the vote?..................Why are the hg's under the impression that the final 2 aren't eligible because we hear them talk about it every season and say the same thing?"

If in fact that is true, then this should be the season that proves it for her because Tyler has been in the lead by double digits according to Vegas, has been at the top of the polls on all the BB websites for virtually the entire season and seems to be pretty popular by all accounts on social media.

Lizzy, glad to hear we are still on the same page. You keep sending out that Lizzy mist for Brett because I would love to see him win that and watch the reactions of the hg's, especially RS. It would be yet another blindside for Foutte on finale night! That would be almost as sweet as watching Frankie lose to Donnie on S16.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am

I agree it would be great to see Brett win just to blindside and piss them off one more time, but it wouldn’t compare to Frankie losing, that can never be topped
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2282
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:54 am

chap5788 wrote:
If I had been doing that interview and she gave me that answer I would have followed with this:

"Well with that in mind, why has it never happened before?.............You mean to say that since the inception of this prize being awarded on the show that the first or second place winners have NEVER won the vote?..................Why are the hg's under the impression that the final 2 aren't eligible because we hear them talk about it every season and say the same thing?"

If in fact that is true, then this should be the season that proves it for her because Tyler has been in the lead by double digits according to Vegas, has been at the top of the polls on all the BB websites for virtually the entire season and seems to be pretty popular by all accounts on social media.

Lizzy, glad to hear we are still on the same page.  You keep sending out that Lizzy mist for Brett because I would love to see him win that and watch the reactions of the hg's, especially RS.  It would be yet another blindside for Foutte on finale night!  That would be almost as sweet as watching Frankie lose to Donnie on S16.

It is strange that all these years the winner hasn’t won the AFH. So it’d be interesting to see if Tyler can win both.

Well I’m misting as much as I can so Bro1 can win this thing!!  TeeHee Plus, I also gave all my 15 votes to Brett, because like the two of you, I would LOVE to see the look on Angie’s face when she realizes Bro1 was everyone’s favorite!

I wouldn’t mind if Tyler won either. Just as long as it’s not Hay or Bay.

Well Chap, looks like this season you and I were on the same page up until the very end!! cheers1 I guess watching BBAD and reading updates really made the difference!!
big hug
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 11013
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:39 pm

@REALvegasbackup wrote:
AFP by *popular* vote is TYLER!

F2 can win but on at least 2 seasons it was given to another HG. *Producers reserve the right to not count ANY votes in their SOLE sicretion*

She has not said how the rest of the votes fell, so I guess we'll find out tonight. I just don't see Tyler winning the game so I think it's likely he will be awarded this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: America's favorite   

Back to top Go down
 
America's favorite
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Favorite Captain America (other than Steve Rogers)
» Your favorite Tsundere? -o-
» FAVORITE CEREALS? (you can have more than one)
» Review for They Plotted Revenge Against America
» Justice Society of America: World's Greatest Heroes?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 20 :: Big Brother 20: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: