Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tonight's episode 9/18

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Tonight's episode 9/18 Empty
PostSubject: Tonight's episode 9/18   Tonight's episode 9/18 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 12:30 am

Well tonight's episode reminded me of premiere night when I knew I would cringe watching Taylor. I just can't stand how she puts herself on a pedestal to everyone else and everything is about the optics of it instead of the game. Everything is so staged. Even while she is having her one-on-one with Brittany and she is eating the fruit, like she is the queen talking to one of her subjects and that is EXACTLY how she wanted it to be. The celebration after the veto with her and Monte in the HOH room was completely staged too. I remember watching them doing it and after a couple of minutes, he said "Okay, I think they got their footage for this part" and put her down.

Anyway all this crap about who to put up and making a deal with Monte "if he doesn't touch the block" he has to vote the way she wants him to and things like that are just so completely stupid. All of them would say the statement that the noms don't matter, it's all about the veto, but I don't think any of them ACTUALLY understand what that means. The only way Taylor controls ANYTHING this week is to win the veto and she didn't do that. Even after the veto when she talked to Brittany and she said "well it's still MY HOH" like that carries some sort of weight about what to do. I'm not saying she isn't going to be able to convince him to cut Turner with her between the sheets and in the shower magic this week, but this other stuff is just so stupid.

The segment with Turner and Brittany was really good. I had looked for that on the feeds (not very hard) because Turner had made a reference to it happening, but never did watch it. I wondered what Brittany would say and was pretty shocked she just shut it down like that. I really thought she would get teary or something, but she was just cold. If I was Turner though, I would have waited until all of them were sitting at the table eating or some other activity and say "Brittany, I tried to have this conversation between the 2 of us, but you wouldn't engage with me, so I'd like to try again, right here in the open because I have nothing to hide. I don't want it to be a big fight or anything, but I want Monte and Taylor to have all the facts before they make a decision this week." I would guess she would walk away to the bedroom to cry, and if that happened, he could go into the bedroom and say I didn't want to make you cry, but I had to vote out my very best friend to keep a promise and I am not going to have someone shit on that without calling it out. We can live in peace until one of leaves on Thursday and leave it there.

Now for the comp. I thought it was awesome. Watching them though, I believe this is probably the weakest final 4 I have ever seen if you look top to bottom. Granted Brittany got stuck on one that she actually studied for the wrong date (more on that in a minute), but she even did multiple tries. And when she thought it was her math, she just kept trading out the bottom number! Really? What kind of strategy is that? She kept adding all the numbers up at one time, at least try taking a couple, adding it and adding another one and go that way instead of running back and forth adding 1 number at a time for crying out loud.

And let's look at Taylor, she didn't even remember the day number for the wall comp! That was her crowning glory this season and her guess was like 20 days off? She has been studying this shit every day for 3 months and you really couldn't tell at all.

Now with Monte, he is just very slow in everything he does. I'd really like to know how much time was actually spent on this comp from start to finish because they had A LOT of footage for all of them with various answers so it had to take quite a while. It looked to me like Brittany LOST this comp a little more than Monte won it if you know what I mean.

Now Turner. He was close at the end and he has not studied this stuff AT ALL. Others have made references to it, but he always just shrugged it off. With his memory, I think he could have aced this one if he had just spent 10 minutes a week studying it, but he seems to think he can just win the game by showing up unfortunately. I wonder if that was a wake up call for him and while Taylor and Monte are making out and game talking, he just might be going over that stuff in his mind or if he thinks that part is over and won't be a factor at this point?

All I can say is they are lucky they took out Michael because he would have had that thing done in less than 5 minutes. He remembered house event numbers for EVERYTHING, not just the comps, but any big event that happened. He also knew every single eviction night vote count and could recite those on command. Now Brittany would hold her own with him and he corrected her or answered her questions about things most of the time, but she was SOOO sure of the date on the comp picture she kept getting wrong in this veto comp that I wonder if that was one he maybe DIDN'T correct her on so that he would have a leg up should it come down to something like that? I could see him doing that because he told her to stop correcting Taylor when she would get them wrong, so it was definitely in his head.

Now lastly, I will give credit to Brittany for never giving up. She is working at it every day and trying to carve out something for herself. She would have been in a much better position if she hadn't spiraled that last week when Michael was HOH. She wouldn't have been in that position to scramble so hard. And I also give credit to Taylor that she is definitely looking for the best way for her to win. Taking out Turner instead of Brittany is a no-brainer, but knowing that she wins easily in the final 2 over Brittany and actually thinking in those terms instead of looking at possibly taking Monte is very smart. Monte on the other hand is thinking more with the head in his pants than he is with the one on his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode 9/18   Tonight's episode 9/18 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 11:20 am

I'm not sure if it would have done any good for Turner to call Brittany out in front of everyone. I still think she would have just shut it down and threw more blame on him and then questioned him about trying to make her look bad. The part where Brittany was trying to defend herself in DR that Turner is more slimy for voting out feinds was just stupid. Turner has at least owned his shit for the most part, he even told Alyssa in his goodbye message that he voted her out.

Taylors showboating wasn't bothering me until she got to the part about "it's not about the money" Fuck off with that shit, it's 100% about the money. It reminds me of that cringy question Jeff used to always ask in preshow interviews"would you rather lose and be loved or win and be hated" Every person gows into that house with one goal, to win $750k.

I also was annoyed how they didn't seem to understand that the noms don't matter and veto is everything. Taylor thinking she has some pull because it's still her HoH was vomit inducing. There's no way that she is going to flip Monte to keep Brittany. Monte knows 100% that Brittany would never take him to final 2. Now it may not be 100% that Turner would (I think he would), but even if its just a 1% chance, that's better than his odds with Brittany and he knows that.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode 9/18   Tonight's episode 9/18 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 1:09 am

Yes, I forgot to comment about Brittany saying what she did with Taylor was okay, but Turner was somehow more slimy for voting out Alyssa. It was stupid and just made her look even dumber if that is possible. Her and Taylor are actually 2 peas in a pod, neither of them can accept any responsibility for their own actions. Taylor being an early target was everyone else's fault, not her own, even though it was her own actions that led to that. Same with Brittany, she was spiraling that first week and just started spewing information anywhere she could without regard to anyone and wondered why the girls didn't trust her anymore. And I am sick and tired of Brittany blaming EVERYTHING she did on Michael like she never took any initiative herself on any of it, when it was quite the opposite.

I will post more on the other thread, but it seems that Monte has had enough of Taylor's showboating crap and looking for TV moments. He came off a bit holier than thou when talking to her, but he really never let her off the hook either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode 9/18   Tonight's episode 9/18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight's episode 9/18
Page 1 of 1