Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recap episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Recap episode Empty
PostSubject: Recap episode   Recap episode EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 11:10 pm

Let me start by saying that everyone that bitches and moans about the recap episodes can go fuck themselves. If you don't want to watch it, then don't. I could understand when it used to take the place of a regular episode, but that hasn't been the case for a few years now. Being bothered that they have it is just stupid.

That being said, I actually usually enjoy the recap episode. I was glad and annoyed about the Jasmine milking her injury bit. Glad that they are showing it as her milking it and it really didn't paint her in a positive light. One thing taht really annoyed me was the part where Terrance made her eggs and she just had to complain about every part of it. She doesn't eat yolks, what kind of bacon is this. Terrance did not look happy and if I wsa him, I would have grabbed that plate out of her hands and flung the food against the wall and told her "There, now you get nothing, get off your lazy ass and make your own food". I don't get how anyone could not eat the yolks, it's the best part of the egg, the whites are just bland by themselves, but that's just me.

Of course they had to spend some time on the Kyle bullshit, but nobody still refuses to accept the fact that it wasn't rooted in racism. I think it's a stretch to even say it was an unconscious bias. It's a valid concern given what the cookout did last season without ever being detected. That's what made it such a strong alliance. I did enjoy the talk between Kyle and Terrance and wish we had seen more of that when it happened. It gives a ton of insight into how Terrance felt with it and it's something that I have never experienced or could never understand.

Most of the rest was just some fun things going on in the house for them to keep themselves entertained.

I still don't get why we no longer get to see part 1 of the HoH play out on the feeds the way we used to. The last time we saw it play out on the feeds was season `7 so don't count on it coming back. After seeing what it was, it's no surprise that Turner won the first part as he's more suited for it. Yeah I know the holding on endurance thing is something Taylor proved she could win, but perhaps the spinning aspect was too much for her. I have not seen anything online about who was the first to drop so I guess we'll find out Sunday
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Recap episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap episode   Recap episode EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 1:47 am

These recap episodes are always half cringy ridiculous and half entertaining for me. I agree that Jasmine was being ridiculous most of the time, but what I don't get is why nobody ever called her out about it? Alyssa especially could have easily said "look, I'm not your maid or waitress, I am your friend, so start treating me like one." Or even just tell her "you are being annoying as hell and people are sick of it, get off your ass and get your own water." I would feel comfortable telling a friend of mine who was being so ridiculous and would hope someone would tell me as well.

I found it very interesting that there was basically no Michael or Brittany storyline. They didn't talk about him being a comp beast or anything like that. The only time he made the memory clips was asking for stupid shit in the DR or as background fluff for others. It was basically the Jasmine and Taylor show with some lack of hygiene for Turner stuck in there for a bit of entertaining levity.

I was happy to see the segment with Terrance and Kyle and actually showed Terrance telling him that he has lived with racism and knows what it looks like and he did not get that from Kyle. I did also feel Terrance's explanation of Taylor saying she would not put up a black women on her HOH was probably the best explanation I have heard on this particular subject. But that being said, I still say it is a double standard that anyone of any other race can't make that same statement and it be accepted and even consider noble.

It was also notable that the only clip they really showed of Monte was the one where Daniel was calling him out and he was standing there looking for a hole to crawl into because Daniel would not let it go. That was also the last week that Monte talked game to ANYONE outside the leftovers and he avoided any and all conversations with Indy or Alyssa unless he was cornered for almost the rest of the game. It made me remember his zingbot zing....................BORING!

Now for the part 1 comp. I am trying to figure out how the hell they were "hit" or "slammed" with something from that setup. Hearing them talk about it afterward, there was some pretty intense punishment of some kind with something hitting them or slamming into them, and this apparently is what made Taylor fall. Oh, she WAS first out btw. She talked about going out early and watching the guys do the rest of the comp. I know they are squirted with Mustard and stuff too, but it sounds like SHE escaped that part going out so early.

Looking at their strategies holding on, I would have thought it favored Monte because he was able to hug the entire thing all the way around instead of using the grooves on either side where I would think the chances of losing grip would be more probable, or at least I thought. They had a ledge to stand on, so I don't think Monte's upper body weight would have been a factor, but I guess we don't know how far the hot dogs leaned either. And yes, I am still pissed off we couldn't watch that on the feeds. There is NO REASON they couldn't have done that and did the stupid dinner and crap after that.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Recap episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap episode   Recap episode EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 2:13 am

Oh, and I really thought the dyerfest/brochella segment playing off each other was very entertaining. Seeing how miserable it was outside and how nice it was inside. I think they missed a bit by not showing that they were given taken out food several times throughout the week to contrast the hot dog/beans meal they had outside, but otherwise it was really entertaining for sure. And kudos to Alyssa for living through all that shit without TOO MUCH bitching. Terrance was right, she was probably one of the few people in the house to go through that and not hate Terrance for it personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recap episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap episode   Recap episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Recap episode
Page 1 of 1