Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luke removed from the game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Luke removed from the game Empty
PostSubject: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 5:06 pm

It is unknown at this time if there will still be a live eviction this week. Tonights episode will not address the removal, it will be addressed on tomorrows episode. Feeds currently down and not expected to come back until after tonights episode, but even that is just speculation
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 10:10 pm

Feeds still not back. I won't be surprised if they stay down until after tomorrows episode. I may be wrong, but Ithink when Paloma self evicted last season they stayed down until after the eviction.

It's even more bullshit to keep them down then it was last year, as with this Luke bullshit, they actually released a statement saying he was removed. So now the rumors are going to start that CBS is cancelling the feeds for the rest of the season, which I don't see happening
Back to top Go down
Mr J
BB Member
BB Member
Mr J

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 2:47 am

Luke getting removed is completely ridiculous especially because of the context. Kristen & Jared also said the n world but neither was removed. If its a ZERO TOLERANCE policy then the rule should be equal to all 17 houseguests.

I'm 99% sure the eviction will be cancelled tomorrow even though it shouldn't.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 3:34 am

Mr J wrote:
Luke getting removed is completely ridiculous especially because of the context. Kristen & Jared also said the n world but neither was removed. If its a ZERO TOLERANCE policy then the rule should be equal to all 17 houseguests.

I don't agree, I think he should have been removed for this. But in what context did Kirsten and Jared say it? If it was explaining what Luke did or something, that is different than actually using the term. Or if it was done the way JC did in that season when he was trying to make a comparison between the N word and a term for a little person that he felt was just as inflammatory to someone in his position. I would want to know the situation because in Luke's case, he was using the term in a way that shows he uses it regularly and not anecdotally or anything like that.

I didn't think anything could save Kirsten, especially considering she has NOBODY that wants to work with her or anything else. But I guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 9:37 am

chap5788 wrote:
Mr J wrote:

I don't agree, I think he should have been removed for this.  But in what context did Kirsten and Jared say it?  If it was explaining what Luke did or something, that is different than actually using the term.  Or if it was done the way JC did in that season when he was trying to make a comparison between the N word and a term for a little person that he felt was just as inflammatory to someone in his position.  I would want to know the situation because in Luke's case, he was using the term in a way that shows he uses it regularly and not anecdotally or anything like that.

I didn't think anything could save Kirsten, especially considering she has NOBODY that wants to work with her or anything else.  But I guess I was wrong.

IT was pretty much the same context as Lukes. At least the Kirsten one was. It was just in casual conversation. I agree that if they are going with zero tolerance, it needs to be across the board for EVERYONE. It reminds me of an old NYPD Blue episode where Sipowicz was under fire for using the N word. The way it happened in hte episode was a suspect referred to himself as the n word and Sipowica threw it back in his face. But the suspect was given a pass because he was black and therefore allowed to say it.

nitewings and Mr J like this post

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 9:57 am

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 4:02 pm

It sounded like she used it the same way as Luke did and therefore she should be out of there as well. Like you said ZERO tolerance means EVERYONE. Luke used it like someone would used "dude" or "bro" but most of the time it is black people who use it like that. In this context Kirsten used it as a grouping kind of thing (at least that is what I got from the quick clip), so I guess I don't see much of a difference. Either both of them or neither of them need to be removed from the house.

Interesting tidbit my husband heard on that podcast (Rob has a podcast) was there is a rumor that Luke had a twin that was supposed to end up being the 18th hg going into the house. Those on the podcast were skeptical of the rumor itself, but said that could really screw up their plans and schedule if this is the case.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 4:47 pm

Yeah I have that Luke twin rumor posted on these boards somewhere. If that was in fact a true rumor then Luke fucked both him and his twin because there's no way that moves forward now.

Supposedly the feeds are still down because they're worried more controversial shit regarding Luke will be talked about, which is bullshit. Let it get out and let us see how the others feel about it. I see what they're doing by waiting because all the talk will be about the eviction (if there is still one) and/or the new HoH.

I also heard the original plan was one of the multiverses was going to halt the eviction and add the 18th HG then split the house in two. If they still want to split the house evenly, the eviction will move forward and add that mystery person, making it 16 people to have an even split. But who the hell knows anymore? Hard to keep up with all this shit! :facepalm:
Back to top Go down
nitewings
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
nitewings

Male Posts : 825

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Mr J wrote:

I don't agree, I think he should have been removed for this.  But in what context did Kirsten and Jared say it?  If it was explaining what Luke did or something, that is different than actually using the term.  Or if it was done the way JC did in that season when he was trying to make a comparison between the N word and a term for a little person that he felt was just as inflammatory to someone in his position.  I would want to know the situation because in Luke's case, he was using the term in a way that shows he uses it regularly and not anecdotally or anything like that.

I d

IT was pretty much the same context as Lukes.  At least the Kirsten one was.  It was just in casual conversation.  I agree that if they are going with zero tolerance, it needs to be across the board for EVERYONE.  It reminds me of an old NYPD Blue episode where Sipowicz was under fire for using the N word.  The way it happened in hte episode was a suspect referred to himself as the n word and Sipowica threw it back in his face.  But the suspect was given a pass because he was black and therefore allowed to say it.
Kristen will get a pass because she is black....No surprise This is cbs

imok and Mr J like this post

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 10:07 pm

nitewings wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Mr J wrote:

I d

IT was pretty much the same context as Lukes.  At least the Kirsten one was.  It was just in casual conversation.  I agree that if they are going with zero tolerance, it needs to be across the board for EVERYONE.  It reminds me of an old NYPD Blue episode where Sipowicz was under fire for using the N word.  The way it happened in hte episode was a suspect referred to himself as the n word and Sipowica threw it back in his face.  But the suspect was given a pass because he was black and therefore allowed to say it.
Kristen will get a pass because she is black....No surprise This is cbs

And that is it in a nutshell Nite! When will they realize that all their "fixing" makes things worse. You set your guidelines and rules and STICK TO THEM regardless of the fallout instead of enforcing it here and not there, etc.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 10:23 pm

LEt the shitstorm begin. JAred hit the nail on the head in his DR session about the incident. "I don't confuse ignorance with malice", I'm not even gonna pay attention to the social media idiots turning that into Jared is giving him a free pass and he's enabling racism and all that other bullshit
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 11:19 pm

Mr J wrote:

My apologies for not saying this sooner, but welcome Mr J, we are nice people, I swear!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 2:21 am

I do agree with Jared as far as malice and ignorance, but there are also consequences to ignorant actions that should come into play. Like I said in the other thread, seeing Luke's actions and demeanor immediately following the incident convinced me more that him being removed was the correct thing to be done. Initially I thought Kirsten should be removed too, but not seeing anything following that situation it seemed a bit more innocent, but it would have been helpful for CBS to acknowledge it and maybe show her being talked to about it at least even though she was on her way out the door anyway. In other words, show the varying degrees of the situation and if you are not willing to do that and own your decisions, then zero tolerance means ANYONE doing it goes out the door.
Back to top Go down
Mr J
BB Member
BB Member
Mr J

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 3:24 am

ctown28 wrote:
LEt the shitstorm begin.  JAred hit the nail on the head in his DR session about the incident.  "I don't confuse ignorance with malice", I'm not even gonna pay attention to the social media idiots turning that into Jared is giving him a free pass and he's enabling racism and all that other bullshit
That's exactly how it should be. Context is very important and Luke did not mean any harm and quickly knew he messed up. The reaction from Twitter so was over the top but not surprised given how extremely liberal and sensitive the Twitter fandom has become.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr J
BB Member
BB Member
Mr J

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 3:25 am

ctown28 wrote:
Mr J wrote:

My apologies for not saying this sooner, but welcome Mr J, we are nice people, I swear!
Hi, just stumbled on this place by accident but I love forums (even though they are a dying breed).
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 4:07 am

Mr J wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Mr J wrote:

Hi, just stumbled on this place by accident but I love forums (even though they are a dying breed).

We are quite happy to have you. Here we debate, disagree, agree and complain for the entire season, but we do it with respect and no personal attacks. Of course you will find out very quickly that Ctown is usually wrong and should always be disagreed with whether he is a site moderator or not! chuckle chuckle
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 9:41 am

Mr J wrote:
The reaction from Twitter so was over the top but not surprised given how extremely liberal and sensitive the Twitter fandom has become.

The funniest thing about the sensitivity is that ever since Elon Musk took over the platform, all they do is bitch and moan about how he's killing the platform without realizing that them continuing to use it is what's keeping it alive
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 9:45 am

chap5788 wrote:

We are quite happy to have you.  Here we debate, disagree, agree and complain for the entire season, but we do it with respect and no personal attacks.  Of course you will find out very quickly that Ctown is usually wrong always right and should always never be disagreed with whether he is a site moderator or not!  chuckle chuckle

Fixed that for you!  NaNaNaNa your welcome
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 4:52 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

We are quite happy to have you.  Here we debate, disagree, agree and complain for the entire season, but we do it with respect and no personal attacks.  Of course you will find out very quickly that Ctown is usually wrong always right and should always never be disagreed with whether he is a site moderator or not!  chuckle chuckle

Fixed that for you!  NaNaNaNa your welcome

There he goes again, using his secret powers to try to control me, but he knows I will never be controlled and Lizzy will back me up when I need it! :raspberries:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke removed from the game   Luke removed from the game Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke removed from the game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 25 :: Big Brother 25: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: