Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Cory   Cory EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 11:09 pm

I have to admit that while I didn't think I'd like this guy, he has a great charm. I think he's playing the best game right now. With all the chaos being caused by Cirie/Izzy/Felicia, he's been the voice of reason. He seems to be the only one that has Cirie in his crosshairs, but it's like he understands it's way too early, meaning he knows production won't let her go yet, so he kisses her ass when he needs to. BB made it a big deal that his brother played survivor, but his brother was also voted out first and nobody knows him so it's not like when Willie Hantz was on in season 14

I think the key to him playing so well is that he is letting people make the mistakes to hurt themselves and only pushing back if it would hurt his plans.

The one thing going against him is that social media is starting to insinuate a showmance between him and America. He's trying to stay away from that but you know Grodner will push showmances in the DR and try to force them.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 11:54 pm

I like him too. In his camera talks, he explains why he does certain things and even admonishes himself when he doesn't handle something well. I just wish he wasn't so loyally tied to Jared. Jared and Cirie are learning more about the game from Cory than anyone else in the house (when they are listening that is), and I think this is going to hurt him. He is so easily expendable to any of them. They don't even flinch when someone talks about putting him up and such. And yes, Cory is aware of that.

He has FINALLY realized that playing this game with America, but I am still not sure he would choose her over Jared. Jared really seems to be his blind spot.

One of the strongest parts of his game is when people ask him for an opinion or share something with them, he always seems to have SOMETHING to give them whether it is advice or other gossip or a game reference or something. It makes him come across very, very credible. But people are really catching on to just how smart he is and that can be dangerous as well.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 10:08 pm

So apparently Cirie and others believe that Cory threw the HOH because he was afraid of HAVING to win against Cam and bowed out when it was the 3 of them. I don't know if that is what happened or not, but it kind of sounds like the same bullshit that America "threw it" after 14 hours in that pressure cooker too.

In any event, it begs the question if these people REALLY believe that Cory is THAT good and could win virtually ANY AND ALL mental comps, then why the hell do they want to keep him in the game? I mean if he is this mental comp beast that NOBODY can ever beat, why would you not get rid of him ASAP? They can't say they are keeping him around to help them win if they think he is throwing every damn competition he plays. There is absolutely NO LOGIC in the strategy these people are supposedly using. If nothing else, you need to light a fire under him by making him think he might be at risk from various people and make him nervous enough to go show his prowess.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 10:31 pm

I like Cory and think he's playing a good game. He keeps himself involved in discussions but doesn't push too hard (Except last week with the America renom thing, but that was to brain dead Jared) He is a classic floater in the true sense of the term, and a valid strategy.

He is also very self aware, he's done several camera talks where he's apologized for talking things down from happening even though he knows it would be good tv,it would be bad for his game.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:00 pm

I like Cory to an extent. His problem is he has NO GUTS at all. Sure playing the game of the floater in the middle he doesn't want to make moves, but even when it looked like him and America were in some trouble he still decided that he should throw the next HOH and during camera talk he keeps saying he is not "an HOH kind of guy" like he doesn't want to win until the end of the game. While there have been players go far or win the game without having to be the comp beast or whatever, but most of the time, those are players who really don't have the skills to win those comps on a regular basis and HAVE to rely on other parts of gameplay. Cory is just basically a wimp, which is unfortunate because he really is a smart player in seeing things going on and talking to virtually anyone. He doesn't even capitalize on THAT skill set by planting various seeds to further things for him either. It is such a waste in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:12 pm

DING DING DING. You hit the nail square. The part that is missing is he does not plant any seeds. He's respected and his charm is getting people to value his opinion, so he needs to use it. The whole secret he has isn't even a big deal. His brother was voted out first on survivor, big deal. I think CBS oversold it to him about how big of a deal it is
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:31 pm

I think Cory being cast for this season was maybe to try to get people thinking about others being related to people in the cast or other reality shows and such to make it harder for Jared/Cirie to keep their secret, but it doesn't even occur to Cory to think about that.

I also think it is VERY weird that Blue and Jared NEVER talk about that secret EVER. You would think there would be a reference to it, especially this week, but NOTHING. I am thinking when the cameras were off, he told her not to speak of it again and not to talk about it in the DR and stuff.

I was hoping Blue would tell America about it and she would share it with Cory because I believe it would change Cory's game plan completely knowing for sure that he will NEVER be Jared's #1.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:44 pm

I'm thinking production got involved and basically retconned it. Told Blue she's not allowed to talk about it. After winning veto, Jared gave a shout out to his outside the house GF,and if you notice, that Jared/Blue showmance has really died down with no explanation
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:51 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I'm thinking production got involved and basically retconned it.  Told Blue she's not allowed to talk about it.  After winning veto, Jared gave a shout out to his outside the house GF,and if you notice, that Jared/Blue showmance has really died down with no explanation

Maybe the clips on the show and public displays have died down, but they are still going into various places in the house and having sex all the house. In fact they are talking tonight and Blue said they will have to choose their spots carefully for the next few days now that they don't have the HOH room. So the showmance has not slowed down much at all.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 3:02 am

I was listening to Cory today talking about Survivor and he knows that show up and down almost better than big brother. He remembers the players, big moves, who won which season and stuff. The conversation included Cirie, Felicia and himself, I think Meme might have been sitting there too, but main those 3 were doing the talking. Listening to them talk about the seasons and the players you would actually think that Cory was the one who played and Cirie was just a fan.

This got me to thinking. Remember when Cory first came in the house and he had his DR session about seeing Cirie and saying she is a "legend" and he was kind of fawning over her "celebrity status" almost as much as Izzy. With the recall this kid has of those things, I can't believe he doesn't recall Cirie having Jared come there for the family visit thing in her season.

Of course I would never remember such a detail, but the crap he was reciting from all those seasons was crazy. BB showed clip of Jared visiting his mom on Survivor when Blue was trying to piece things together about whether Cirie or Felicia was his mom and it's not like he changed that much from that time. In fact he looked exactly like he does now. So I really can't believe that Cory hasn't figured that out yet. Of course I would love for that lightbulb to come on, but if it hasn't by now, it probably won't happen I just found that interesting.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 11:00 am

Cory is getting on my nerves. I'm glad he's actually trying to play yhe game, but the fact that he keeps making bad decisions and continues to throw comps is very off putting. I think the worst part of him is that when he's trying to explain his thought process to others, he appears to have a snese of arrognace as if he's talking down to them
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 6:50 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Cory is getting on my nerves.  I'm glad he's actually trying to play yhe game, but the fact that he keeps making bad decisions and continues to throw comps is very off putting.  I think the worst part of him is that when he's trying to explain his thought process to others, he appears to have a snese of arrognace as if he's talking down to them

What is funny about that is he used to get REALLY pissed at Jared for doing this to him. He hated it when Jared acted like he didn't have enough brains to see things his way and so forth, especially since Jared was almost always wrong about the situation.

His logic and unemotional tone works very well for someone like Meme, but not so much for others. Well I guess it works with Matt also because he speaks so clearly for him.

The one who is getting on my nerves more and more is Blue. She comes to Jag and Matt every day and says the same damn stuff and reiterates she is with them, but has to play her own game and can't go after Jared and Cirie, then hedges if they ask her about a vote. The trust her to a point, but they seem to have figured out that she is good for information, but when it comes down to it she will choose Jared every single time.

Matt and her have been having talks one-on-one and he was really open with her for a bit, but has since realized that she isn't all in with them the way he thought. I think he also figured out when she said that Jag winning was crucial because Jared started saying he wasn't going to put up Bowie, then caught her up to ask who he was talking about. She had sudden problem remembering and then said even Cirie!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory   Cory Empty

Back to top Go down

Cory
Page 1 of 1