Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Invincibility power

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Invincibility power Empty
PostSubject: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 12:14 am

Once again they throw a twist at us with virtually NO DETAILS to it so they can change it up to fit their needs. That being said, even the details they did give us don't really make sense.

It says that the "top 4 vote getters will secretively compete individually" for this power. So how the hell does that work exactly? It says individually, so they won't have to sneak 4 people off for it. I am guessing it is something that won't take too long and will be disguised as a regular DR session. But the first one to go will know to watch who gets called to the DR around that same time and is gone for about that same amount of time. This gives them a good idea of who they might be competing against. Even the ones who go second, third and fourth could possibly determine who might have been the ones in the running. This is important because it might not be hard to figure out who probably won it. I mean if it is a physical challenge and I am Felicia or Cirie, then I will assume if someone like Matt was in there around that time they now have a special power.

Also, I don't think it will affect the eviction this week. I went back and watched the announcement and looked at the fine print for it. They accept the "votes" through Monday evening. Then they will have to have them compete which would be on Tuesday at the earliest. The veto meeting will have already happened and think if someone who won veto also winning this power or something, it would suck if winning that would have affected the decision. Or even if Cameron were one of the people (don't think so, but anything is possible), knowing that BEFORE making a replacement nom would be VERY pivotal to his decision.

Also, we are not going to know who was chosen, competed and won until Thursday's show, so I don't see them having the opportunity to use it on that same day, but again, we are talking about BB production. I really think it will be for the next 2 evictions after we are told the results.

They also do not state whether or not the hg's can disclose what has happened. As much as I would like to know early who was "chosen" I don't want anyone else knowing, so I think they should have to keep is secret just like Jeff had to do with the coup d'etat power. But it would also be SOOOOO wonderful if Izzy, Cirie, Jared and Felicia were not chosen to compete in this thing and found out that they didn't win the right to do it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 12:26 am

The whole thing is fucked up. Production manipulation is all over it. Voting goes through Monday, I'm assuming this will be after the veto meeting, this gives them Tuesday and Wednesday to play it. Dont get fooled by them calling it secret, its only secret for now, or maybe the power is secret. Either way, I don't trust the vote or the comp
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 1:17 am

ctown28 wrote:
The whole thing is fucked up.  Production manipulation is all over it.  Voting goes through Monday, I'm assuming this will be after the veto meeting, this gives them Tuesday and Wednesday to play it.  Dont get fooled by them calling it secret, its only secret for now, or maybe the power is secret.  Either way, I don't trust the vote or the comp

The manipulation aspect of this goes without saying. We all know how you feel about any America's vote after all and I was not trying to say that the votes were on the up and up, that they won't pick and choose the players they want or anything, I was merely talking about the logistics of it using what few details they DID provide us. We had talked earlier about whether or not this invincibility power would have any affect on this week's eviction and I don't think with this timeline that it will. I think it will be available to use next week and the week afterward.

As far as the "secret" I just wondered if the hg's COULD anything they learn about this power or that they were chosen to compete before the power is used. I would prefer that they HAVE to keep it secret or they relinquish the power like they did with Jeff and the coup d'etat.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 9:43 am

[quote="chap5788"]
ctown28 wrote:
 We had talked earlier about whether or not this invincibility power would have any affect on this week's eviction and I don't think with this timeline that it will.  I think it will be available to use next week and the week afterward.

When it was introduced on the episode it was specifically stated that it will be available to be used inone of the next two evictions, so that's this upcoming eviction or the following one. The voting ends on Monday so I think it;s safe to assume the comp will be played either late Monday or sometime Tuesday and that gives them plenty of time to air it on Wednesdays show. Now Mark my words, this will all be done in "secret" where whoever competes and wins is not able to tell anyone else or they lose the power. With that being done it will not be able to be talked about on the feeds and we won't know anything about it until after the episode airs.

Now if is NOT secret, I'm already calling bullshit on it as it really fucks with Camerons HoH as it comes AFTER the veto ceremony. Let's say it doesn't get used this week. That means the next HoH goes in knowing the power is out there nd can strategically make their nominations based on that knowledge
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 4:03 pm

Yes, I know they said the next 2 evictions, but they also said "tune in Thursday" to see who competed and who won it. With them accepting votes until later on Monday the veto meeting WILL be done before they even play the comp.

I guess us finding out on Thursday before the eviction does fit into the "next 2 evictions" but I still think it is a stupid way to do it. This power has a direct effect on using or not using the veto and things like that as well. If they are going to award a power to someone, it should be awarded at the beginning of the new week where all their decisions can be made with that knowledge in mind.

Think of this. What if Jared wins the veto and he is also one of the players voted to play. He will not know about this situation until AFTER the veto meeting. If he chooses to use the veto to save Blue and piss off people around him, then wins this superpower, he has just fucked up his game for no reason. He could have left the noms the same and if Blue gets voted out, then he could save her if he chooses to do so.

I do like this twist for the power a LITTLE bit better than what they normally do because the people actually have to compete in order to get it rather than just a straight "vote" but I really hope it is not a timed kind of thing. It should be like highest score or something like that instead.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 4:18 pm

You want a sneak preview of the whole thing?

Top vote getters:
Felicia
Cirie
Jared
Izzy

The comp:
Fire making challenge
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 6:40 pm

ctown28 wrote:
You want a sneak preview of the whole thing?

Top vote getters:
Felicia
Cirie
Jared
Izzy

The comp:
Fire making challenge

Yes, you posted this tweet on one of the other threads. I get the sarcasm, but I really don't think these will be the players. I think Cirie will 100% be one of them because they have to make sure she knows that someone has a power if she doesn't win it. Jared is at the bottom of the polls and I know you don't believe in the voting, but it has to be at least a little bit believable. They won't take someone who gets the least amount of votes and put him up as one of the top 4.

Here's my guess:

Cirie
America
Matt
Cory

I really didn't want a timed thing, but if it has to be that, then I would like a puzzle and America would probably kill the others.

If it is a scoring thing I's like to see it be kind of shuffleboard like or sliding glasses, or even something like skee-ball.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 5:00 pm

Well the voting has been closed but no word about if things have been tallied yet. I'm thinking they won't play a comp until tomorrow, but the comp won't aire until Thursday.

But I'm also willing to bet this will all be hidden from the feeds, obviously the comp won't be on the feeds, but I think they will hide all discussion about it so that we are left completly in the dark until it airs on Thursday. I hope I'm 100% wrong on that though.

Now I've only looked at 2 online rankings.
BB daily has them ranked as Cory, America, Matt, Jag, Cirie, Felicia in that order from 1 to 6
Jokers has Matt, America, Cory, Jag, Mecole, Felicia

Izzy and JAred aren't even close so while one of Fellicia or Cirie may squeak in, I don't see both, that leaves 3 spots between Cory, America, Matt and Jag.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 4:14 pm

OK, we may actully find out before Thursday. They all now know there is a competition. They are taking them out one at a time (everybody gets to go out to where the comp is and they will be informed there if they have been chosen to compete), and only the winner will know what the power is. No word on if the power is negated if they tell someone what it is.

I would think it's a timed comp, but they are not being taken out in any type of athletic gear so who knows
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 4:26 pm

So now all the houseguests know that the top 4 vote getters compete and the winner gets a special power. Production really dropped the ball on this one. When selling it to the auduence they stressed how it would be a secret, but the only part of the secret is who plays and what the power is. They all know there is something in play.

So how could they have pulled this off with the entire thing being in secret? It's very simple. Use the multi-verse twist. Hey it's a Big Brother throwback week. We are having a food comp. Then you simply have every one of them play individually, but you only tell the top 4 vote getters what is truly going on. You could even take it a step further and only tell the winner that in addition to winning the food comp, here's this secret power.

So many different ways it could have been handled
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 pm

I get production wants them all suspicious of people to try to cause drama and chaos, so they felt they needed to tell them about a power. But like you said, there were so many more ways to do this for sure. They should have been told they couldn't tell ANYONE at all PERIOD. Cirie has already told Izzy and Jared that she competed. She told Jared she was taken "2 doors away" and if Cory is one of the people who participated, she thinks he would be very good at it.

There was a reference on one of the update sites about carnival games, so I wonder if it just might be the skeeball thing they have used before? Of course they have done a lot of carnival games before, so who knows.

I think Jared is butt hurt that HE wasn't one of the people chosen. I couldn't believe it when he was making early predictions to Cory and America and basically said there was "no chance" that Cory would be chosen because he is not a big enough personality or something to that effect. Cory was a bit put off by that. I noticed one of the sites showed Cory wearing those big wrap around sunglasses that I haven't seen him wearing before, so I wonder what HE is hiding?

Now I wonder when the person who won gets told they are the winner. The took them in alphabetically, so Cirie would have been early. She didn't say she won or lost.

I just want to see for once SOMEONE win it that is not someone in the majority that is running the house. After campaigning to MeMe today, Jag stopped in the bedroom and looked directly at the camera and smirked. He is not typically someone looking for attention in that way, so I am thinking he probably got chosen as well. If that is the case, then I hope he wins it and saves himself so that power is done and over with right away. And I hope people lie to him about their votes prior to the eviction and he goes out and wins HOH knowing he has a long list of people to consider.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 12:00 am

Matt and Cirie confirmed to each other that they both played. It really makes me sick that Matt trusts Cirie so implicitly. Reilly told him and Jag to trust Cirie and told Cirie to take care of Matt and Jag. Unfortunately Matt has really taken that verbatim and tells her everything. This will help him a bit in the short-term, but not in the long run. This is the one reason I wanted Jag to stay because Matt also trusts him 100% and even though neither of them are very good at this game, I think Jag adapts a bit better.

Now Cirie bitches that nobody can keep a secret and supposedly she isn't used to playing these games with people who can't keep their mouth shut, so let's see how long before she tells Izzy and Jared that Matt competed as well. The smartest thing she could do would be to keep that a secret and if he wins it, then nobody else will have their input on what to do with it. Jared has diarrhea of the mouth more than anyone else in the house and once he knows EVERYONE will know.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 10:34 am

Still no confirmation this morning on any of it, but there is some ramblings that it may have been Cirie that won based on this:

But I don't know what to believe because Spoiler girl says something different:

Now spoilergirl has been on with quite a few things over this season and last, but the thing with Cirie being so happy shows something else. So at this point, I'm not believing anything until I have confirmation because it will be completely different based on if either of these two won
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 1:51 pm

I have 2 thoughts here. On the one hand, I just don't see Cirie having won this and not telling Izzy and Jared about it. Of course she could have told them when the feeds were down for half the damn night last night and on and off even when they were supposedly active. But Cirie and Izzy were talking with Felicia this morning and there were moments when Cirie and Izzy were alone or Felicia was not paying attention so I really think there would have been whispers. Of course, there could be a stipulation that they CAN'T tell anyone about like they did with Jeff when he got the coup d'tat.

On the other hand, I would think that Matt would have shared it with Cirie and again that could have happened when the feeds were down. And if this were the case I think we would have seen a few whisper sessions during the on and off feeds of Matt and Cirie talking. Of course if he can't tell anyone, that would explain that. I also think that Cirie would be happy and thank America for picking her to play (meaning she is popular) and then knowing that Matt has the power and shared it with her also might be better because she can control it to a certain extent UNFORTUNATELY.

Lastly there was a conversation that I have not listened to yet for myself between Matt and America about the Jag vote. He seemed to be engaging her much more and not so tentative like he usually does, so maybe this new found confidence is from him winning the power?

Oh, and there was one more statement on one of the update sites that when getting ready for bed Cory made some sort of gesture to the camera that may or may not mean anything. I really thought he would camera talk, but again, it probably happened when the feeds were on and off.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 3:44 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Oh, and there was one more statement on one of the update sites that when getting ready for bed Cory made some sort of gesture to the camera that may or may not mean anything.  I really thought he would camera talk, but again, it probably happened when the feeds were on and off.

I believe this is what you're referring to:

Then of course there's this from today:

Now this one where Cory is talking to Izzy doesn't make sense, it had to be him kidding around, but the feeds cut so we'll never know. Why would he tell Izzy of all people if he's allowed to share it.

I guess Skippy (That's what Twitter (I refuse to call it X) calls the guy that hits the button to put the feed on be right back) had an itchy finger last night and the feeds went down a lot. I'm certain they now have a delay on the feeds so they can cut out anuthing they don't want on there after the Luke fiasco. It's bullshit they won't let us hear it, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we likely won't know until tomorrow night
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 4:16 pm

Actually the clip you showed above I believe was BEFORE they were notified of the winner, but after they had competed. The one I am talking about happened in the week hours of the morning just as he was getting ready for bed and he was in the house.

I can't see Cory blurting that out to Izzy of all people. Sure he supposedly had this final 4 things that includes her, but he knows she can't keep a secret to save her life, especially when it comes to talking to Cirie. I think he was probably being sarcastic.

Cory is pushing back against keeping Jag because I think he has this fantasy that he will have a final 4 with America, Jared and Blue which would be a pretty good group for him. Jared and Blue are stupid and impulsive. America is smart, but I think Cory believes he is smarter than she is.

In any event, I just wish the power was in someone's hands that didn't help Cirie/Jared/Izzy/Felicia in some way. I wanted them worrying their asses off about this shit and not being able to control the person who did win it. Cory might be smart with it, but I could see him just letting it expire and saying nothing as well and it will go down as yet another dud of a twist for production.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 4:33 pm

Well I guess the players were Cirie, Matt, Cory and Jag. Now unless they are not allowed to tell anyone, Cirie would be blabbing constantly to Felicia and Izzy. While I can't confirm it, I do think that the power will also be used in secret, but it will be interesting to see how they do it. The wording was that they get to save one EVICTED player from one of the next two evictions. To me this means it cannot be played until AFTER that person is evicted. So let's say Jag has it and gets evicted, well that one is pretty simple, he comes out to talk with Julie and tells her he wants to use it and goes right back in. I guess if it's anyone else they would have to claim in the DR that if Jag gets evicted they want to use it, but if Blue gets evicted they don't. You get the point.

This twist is no different than the halting hex which was used in season 19, just dressed up in a different name, but the holder of it wasn't secret
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 4:55 pm

I just listened to Jag talking to Cirie and Felicia and Felicia told him when he speaks to Jared to tell him he was chosen but didn't win. Apparently Jared told both of them that anyone in their group that didn't tell him about it he would be done with (the arrogance and ego of this asshat amazes me). So that confirms that he played and didn't get it.

I went back and watched that clip on the feeds of Cory in the wee hours of the morning and I think he was just mugging for the camera because it was following him. He mouthed something, but it didn't look like he was talking about the power or anything like that.

I am noticing that Matt is doing a WHOLE LOT more talking to people trying to keep Jag all of the sudden, so I don't know if that means he has it and is more confident to speak to people because of it, or if he knows he lost and is now trying to help him out.

And I agree with you on the wording they said they could save an evicted hg so they have to have to vote first. I think that is a good thing especially if people are lying through their teeth about their votes to the evictee and then he/she gets saved. It could flip things around quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 5:51 pm

There's all kinds of theories out there as to who has. We can't even confirm that Jag doesn't regardless of what he told Felicia about it. It just means she thinks he doesn't have it.

Here's one of the latest theories: Cirie’s happiness last night was not that she won but that Matt won and she knows her and Matt are tight, he probably told her he won and that they’ll have this power to use if they’re in danger next week.

There are some really ridiculous ones as well, but I don't even read if they start with something like Jared has it.

Then there's Cirie has it and told Izzy, because Izzy just happened to guess correctly what the power is, tat there will be no eviction and Matt's HoH was a waste, but that's not really a far fetched guess as it's things BB has done before with Halting Hex, the reset buttons, etc
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 8:45 pm

It appears to be confirmed that Matt won the power. Here's how it works, at least the way Cirie explained it so take that for what it's worth. Matt has to let production know tomorrow morning if he wants to save Jag or Blue. If he chooses to save Jag and Jag gets voted out, the power is used and both Jag and Blue are safe. If he chooses to save Jag and Blue gets voted out, the power is unused and he can try again next week.

Cirie made it sound a bit like an immunity idol, where he would just be negating votes for one of them so that's can of weird but it could easily be lost in translation
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 8:57 pm

I went back and listened to the discussion, Cirie only knew hte basics of it and a lot of it was her conjecture.  Like when he has to decide and she also mentioned that if it's used, then the outgoing HoH can play in the upcoming comp.  

I will say I think it's safe to say that it belongs to Matt. It was somehwher right around 4:05 BB time and on all 4 feeds but it was quick as the camera got off them pretty quick
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 10:44 pm

Well it looks like Spoiler girl was right about this one then.  I'm glad Matt finally won something because I think he can use the confidence.  It has already changed his demeanor when talking to people.  It also makes sense that Cirie is aware of Matt winning and the details because it explains why she doesn't really seem at all anxious about their decision on the Jag vote.  But for this, I think she would be pushing more meetings with people instead of just being kind of a participant.  

By the way, who was Cirie talking to about the power?  Was it Izzy?  If so, that is dangerous because she has loose lips for sure.  And I am NOT surprised that Cirie would kind of screw up the details because she tends to do that with stuff all the time.

I would be REALLY surprised though if Matt didn't tell Jag about the power. That is my only sticking point, unless he has decided not to use it to save him. Of course he could be making sure that Jag continues his campaigning by not telling him or maybe they even discussed that he HAS to continue campaigning. With all the feed interruptions half the damn house could know by now for crying out loud.

I'm not sure whether Matt should use it this week and keep Jag or save it for next week. I don't see that he is in trouble and I don't see that Cirie is really in trouble either, so why not get it over with now and shake things up?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 12:26 am

Thanks for the timestamp. I went back and listened to it. I assumed she would be talking to Izzy, but it was Jared. It just makes me sick that Matt trusts Cirie so much and they are going to make him use this to THEIR advantage, but Reilly told him to trust Jag and Cirie and that is what he is doing. Too bad he didn't learn more about the game before going in there because I really think he would be a decent player if he wasn't learning it all WHILE in the house.

I think that Matt will ultimately save Jag when it comes down to it, so little mister whine ass Jared needs to figure out of it is worth voting to keep Blue if it means this power is going to be used and Jag stays anyway. Smart money would be to go ahead and keep Jag, vote out Blue and save that power for next week just in case.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:54 am

As much as I don't like Matt doing whatever Cirie tells him, as far s they're concerned it would make no sense to use the power this week. Come to a consensus on who to get rid of and leave it at that. You keep that power in your pocket to see who wins HoH next. If your side wins again, no harm, no foul, the power gets unused. But if someone like America wins and puts up Cirie and Izzy like she says she would (I'd have to see it to believe it), then there would be the regret of using it to save Jag just so it "got used"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invincibility power   Invincibility power Empty

Back to top Go down

Invincibility power
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 25 :: Big Brother 25: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: