Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The WallHoH comp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

The WallHoH comp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 2:02 pm

Conversations I have heard here and there were America saying she really did slip and she was PISSED about it. Cory said his main problem was that he has small hands and couldn't get a solid grip on the handles. Bowie basically admitted she jumped as soon as Blue was out because she knew Jared would do a better job than she would (points from Felicia and Cirie of course).

But there is one comment made by Cam that gave me a bit of pause. He was talking to America/Cory and how things looked from his perspective and he said that the handles were the same for ALL of them even though people were various heights. He thought it made it hardest for Matt because neither set of handles were in a good place for him like it was for others. But this is something they really can't control in the setup.

Then this got me to thinking about past seasons with the wall. I don't know the season numbers the way you do, but the season with Daniele and Kalia where Daniele was in a really bad spot going into the wall comp. Ironically her and Kalia were in the same EXACT spots on the wall as Blue and Jared were last night. That particular comp also surprised MOST people that Kalia was able to outlast so many people that would normally win a comp like that. After the comp I also remember Daniele saying "thanks Mico" which apparently is one of the producers or set up people or something.

I think that end position is a prime position for whatever reason and I would be interested to know how many wall comp winners were in that particular spot. There is no doubt he won the damn thing, but I think it was a bit tweaked to help him and Bowie planned to give it to him as soon as Blue was out.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 3:16 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I would be interested to know how many wall comp winners were in that particular spot.  

Here is a breakdown by season, how many played, who won and their position

Season 10 - 9 competitors -April 4th from left

Season 12 - 10 - competitors - Matt 4th from right

Season 13 - 9 competitors - Daniele Donato - Right end

Season 14 - 12 competitors - Danielle Murphree 6th from left

Season 15 - 10 competitors Elissa 3rd from right - (included a battleback where 4 of the 10 were jurors)

Season 16 - Cody Final HoH - far left

Season 17 - 11- competitors James - 2nd from left

Season 18 - 8 competitors Nicole 2nd from right (included a battleback where 5 of the competitors were jurors)

Season 19 - 11 competitors Alex 3rd from right

Season 20 -12 competitors - Sam 5th from left

Season 21 - 6 competitors Jackson - 3rd from right

Season 22 - 10 competitors - Dani - 5th from right

Season 23 - 11 competitors - Derek X - 3rd from left

Season 24 -10 competitors - Taylor - left end
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 6:54 pm

Well thanks for all of that info Ctown, it seems that there really is no pattern at all. That being said, I still think there are things that are done to tweak it to help certain people to fix their narrative like the height of the handles, the width of the ledge and things like that. Another thing Matt mentioned was having a difficult time flexing his arms to get leverage and strength because of that stupid onsie he was wearing and how it grips his arms. I looked at his arms in that Josh suit and it really does hamper his arms, but I really think it was the height factor for Matt more than anything else.

Can't prove anything, but it just seems to always happen this way for some reason. It's too bad America slipped because I really thought she could pull this one off for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 7:47 pm

There's no doubt that all comes into play, but the main thing is the fact that it favors people with a lower body mass. But for this one, having the meatballs hitting them looking really bad for some of them getting it in the groin area
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:29 pm

ctown28 wrote:
There's no doubt that all comes into play, but the main thing is the fact that it favors people with a lower body mass.  But for this one, having the meatballs hitting them looking really bad for some of them getting it in the groin area

Yep, I saw Matt and Jared squatting down to avoid it. I don't really remember seeing Jag and Cory doing the same, but the angle to watch them wasn't as good. Bowie later said it wasn't really that big of a deal as far as how hard it was hitting them, but of course she doesn't have testicles either!

Oh, and I remember James (Asian, short guy) being able to squat down underneath the handles and others have tried that in years since and they could never do it and it turns out that he REALLY needed that on too! These are the things that make it seem weird to me. At least in Survivor they adjust things for their height when it really matters and things, it would just be nice if that kind of thing was done here as well.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:45 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Oh, and I remember James (Asian, short guy) being able to squat down underneath the handles and others have tried that in years since and they could never do it and it turns out that he REALLY needed that on too!  These are the things that make it seem weird to me.  At least in Survivor they adjust things for their height when it really matters and things, it would just be nice if that kind of thing was done here as well.

I remember JAmes doing that because it's all he talked about when he returned the next season and couldn't wait for the wall only to concede it to Nicole. But I think they adjusted things since then to make squatting not as much of a deal to make it harder. That is also a part of why the endurance comps don't last as long, because they're harder. We even saw that this year with pressure cooker as they came just minutes away from breaking the longest comp record. I still think they should have told them how close they were so they could break the record.

Oh, and if you need to refer to James again, just call him Asian JAmes and I'll know exactly who you're talking about. Evel Dick calls him that all the time while busting his balls about constantly ruining blindsides. They're friends if you can believe it
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:54 pm

I could totally see Asian James and Evel Dick being friends. Dick busts people chops and things, but he also sees the humor when people do it back. It never ceases to amaze me that he could argue vehemently with someone in the morning and then sit down that night over dinner and talk to that person about everyday shit and you would never know anything happened. That is the thing that people never remember about him. But my FAVORITE part about Evel Dick is that he OWNED every single part of his game play and persona. He could also work with ANYONE if it was best for his game, well with the exception of Jenn of course!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 am

chap5788 wrote:
 He could also work with ANYONE if it was best for his game, well with the exception of Jenn of course!

Well he kind of very briefly worked with Jen. Remember the week they blindsided Dustin? He needed Jen's vote to be able to stay in hte house and was able to convince her to vote out Dustin.

He's a very down to earth guy and what you see with him is what you get. Another thing that's cool about him is that when all th eCameo's became a thing where b-list clebrities and reality show people will sned you a 30 second personalized video message and charge $50, he took the idea and made it better. He now does Zoom calls with groups of 8 people at $50 a seat and people just sit and shoot the shit with him and the others and they usually go 2-3 hours.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Good for him. And the best part of that would be that he would be the same for those "paying" customers as he would anyone else, or at least it seems that way every time I have seen him. I remember that one season they had him do the interviews in the backyard and he was HILARIOUS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WallHoH comp   The WallHoH comp - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The WallHoH comp
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2