Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 10:52 pm

Well here we are at the end of the season. Not much will happen between now and the finale, although there may be some MJ waffling over who to evict and that will not happen until the Thursday show. There's some speculation that the Thursday show may not be live and the feeds will go down on Wed until after the Thursday show, but who cares. Not much to see on the feeds. A lot of time between now and then so how many one on ones between MJ and the noms will there be.

But I digress.

This has been a great season. Yes, a lot of yelling at our screens with "wtf are you doing". A lot of sloppy play. But a lot of fun. Production finally got a twist right with AI arena and I really hope they find a way for it to be kept moving forward.

I admit to being cynical to start the season with twists and such just because of past history. We thought no rewind would ruin it. For me, it was no big deal as the updaters stepped up their game and got a bunch of video captured.

We never got to see a live HoH other than the DE, it's understandable with AI arena to a point so I can take that. They didn't kill the AI twist after 4 weeks like they normally do and everyone expected, in fact they kept it going then turned it up q notch when jury started with Jankie World, so kudos for that. I will always look back on Jankie World fondly and block out the way they killed poor Jankie.

Back to gameplay. Tucker was unhinged, just the way he played with a give no fucks attitude was great. Angela and being unpredicable at the start. Quinn just not being able to get out of his own way. For the most part casting did a great job. Of course I could do without T'kor, Lisa, Kimo, etc but I want some people cast I wont like

Now, thankfully Chelsie won HoH and MJ won veto so they are both F3 we get a decent finish.

Still Chelsie's game to lose
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptySat Oct 05, 2024 3:02 pm

I have to agree with you, this has been a very good season. Angela was always on my last nerve, but she kept things moving and unpredictable. I give her kudos for NEVER giving up and having no shame when it came to campaigning for herself.

You said a few weeks ago that the mix of show fans and those who really knew nothing about the game is what made the season, and I believe you are right about that too. There were so many "norms" broken this season and one of the best was when they stopped voting like sheep and voted for their OWN games each week. Sure they still coordinated to a certain extent, but it didn't make anyone an automatic target because they voted a certain way. They started the season that way, but I would say Tucker was the one who started that trend and others followed. I hope future cast members are watching. You can have that alliance you want, but there will be some votes that certain members of that alliance just can't follow for obvious reasons.

I would love to see Tucker play again, but it would have to be an all-stars season and he would have to make it past the first week in order to play with any longevity. If he could simmer down the rhetoric a bit and lock in with a couple of people seriously instead of trying to have an avenue with everyone in the house, he could be a force. I would also like to see MJ play again. Normally I would like to see a player like Chelsie play again, but it just bothers me so much about the race and gender stuff, plus her obsession with Cam that I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Players I NEVER want to see again is Tkor, Joseph, Matt, Cam, Brooklyn, Kenny and Lisa as well as anyone they might want to type cast in their honor or something stupid like that.

I LOVE the AI arena twist. It throws a wrinkle into each week where people can't get too ahead of themselves in plans. Just when they think they have someone out, they come right back in and voting has to take place in the moment. And if they are going to have some sort of powers like the HOH deep fake or the America's veto, they need to REQUIRE the hg's to keep it a secret or they lose it plain and simple. Also, I liked the part where they had to compete for the power rather than someone just being lucky and drawn for it. They asked that first "innocent question" about letting Ainsley in the game which determined whether or not they got to compete for a power or penalty, which also added to it.

I am a bit disappointed with the HOH comps themselves in addition to not being able to watch them happen live. There were so many that were repeats of the same thing, just different videos or pictures or whatever. There is no reason not to mix it up, even just pulling comps from previous seasons. And why we didn't get to watch the marshmallow endurance comp, I will never understand. There was no reason not to put that one on the feeds. And BRING BACK SLIP N SLIDE!!!!! In fact, they could use it as the endurance portion of the final 3 HOH. Rubina is a skater and MJ and Chelsie are both D1 athletes, so there is no excuse NOT to do the comp. It is entertaining as hell and SHOULD be one of the iconic comps.

Lastly, I have enjoyed debating with you again this season Ctown (even though we know I am right most of the time) as I have over the years. BB would not be the same without it. I sure wish some of the "lurkers" would post as well because I would absolutely WELCOME that idea and I know you would too. I am really looking forward to this final 3 regardless of the choice MJ makes this week.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptySat Oct 05, 2024 11:01 pm

I think this season is where things finally caught up. Robyn Kass and her crew were let go a few years ago, but the casting wasn't all her fault, it was production that made the final call with the cookie cutter cast year after year. That got fixed and they started casting for diversity, which was a good thing as it included age in that diversity so we get a good mix of ethnicity and age. Now it took until this year to break out of that vote with the house mentality and that is by far a good thing.

I remember Robyn tweeting a reply to me when I told her to quit with the recruits that recruits were needed. She made sense, a house full of "superfans" would be horrible. And how right she was. MJ is a perfect example of that, she knew so little going in and based on her late game play still has a lot to learn.

Oh, that brings me to something else with asshat Janelle and her bullshit. She suddenly doesn't like MJ because Chelsie is playing the better game and there's more to BB than winning comps. Fuck you Janelle, you're entire game was winning comps until the latest all stars when you couldn't do it anymore. How many times has she been on and never won, yet she's considered a legend.

I so want to be disappointed with the way the HoH comps were handled in regards to the live show, but it really didn't bother me much. If I were still working 2nd shift and could stay up I'd have been pissed though. And yes, the number of memory comps were ridiculous. WE didn't even have a real crap shoot HoH because even the land on a number ones took some skill with sliding things and what not. Why not do the golf one into a number on a live show.

I do understand that AI arena took time away on the live show, and space for that matter for them to set up an HoH, but c'mon, not a single live show with a live HoH comp.

Our debates are always fun, and this year even more so because we had a good season to debate. And I really hope they do bring slip and slide back. It's probably the best endurance one to watch on the feeds as we get to see all the falls and such. Not to mention if they bring it back you can finally stop bitching about it! neener Truth is if/when they bring it back, it will bring a smile to my face thinking about you yelling at your screen "YES! IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME"

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptySun Oct 06, 2024 2:08 pm

You do make me laugh a lot of the time Ctown. My husband agrees with you that if the slip n slide comes, it can't be too soon because he hears it from me too!

Janelle dislikes MJ because she is taking away her comp beast moniker. And yes, it does take more than comps to win the game, but being willing to win those comps, take the risk of making moves (big or small) is a BIG piece of the pie for sure. I have never like Janelle and that will never change. Thankfully I don't think we will ever have to endure watching her in the house again (knock on wood).

I agree the improvement is all in the casting, but now they have to bring up the comps as well. The do better here and there, but there are so many quick comps they can use without it being looking at video clips or pictures and answering questions for it. I always liked the golf one you spoke of, can be a crapshoot for some, but a little skill involved at times too. I'd like to see a bit more athleticism in some of the comps throughout the season, but I do enjoy the puzzles as well.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptySun Oct 06, 2024 5:17 pm

They just miss too many opportunities comp wise. How fun would it be to watch the puzzle HoH that MJ won play out on the feeds? WE knew it wouldlasat 30 minutes as it was a time limit, so do more of those. As always I'd be against the individual timed comps, but take a look at some of the individual immunity challenges on survivor that include both physical and mental in the comps. Those are perfect for feeders.

Problem is Grodner doesn;t give a shit. Look at what she tweeted out this past Thursday.

Yes on eviction night that was a 2 hour episode she sent out a tweet promoting another of her shows that airs on a competing network. Now do I think it was actually her and not some intern? Probably not, but not a good look.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts EmptySun Oct 06, 2024 9:27 pm

yeah, bad look to say the least, but she really never has cared what the viewers of BB think, so why start now, right?

I agree they could go a little more Survivor-like with the comps with the physical part to start it and then the puzzle at the end of it. And those can be done in full view of the other hg's as well as the the viewers out here. And for crying out loud, if they are going to have individual timed comps, then show us EVERYONE'S time and place on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season thoughts   Season thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Season thoughts
Page 1 of 1