Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Premiere Episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Premiere Episode Empty
PostSubject: Premiere Episode   Premiere Episode EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 1:23 am

The opening segment with Britney, Daniele and Frankie was WAAAAYY too long and really just stupid. Britney and Daniele had a couple of witty comments, but Frankie makes my skin crawl. I just thought it was a long way around to explain pretty much NOTHING about the house other than they will be revisiting old twists at various times throughout the season.

Otherwise, I thought the first episode was going along pretty well, a bit slow with Julie talking too much at times, but that is nothing new. I thought the comps were pretty good and the fact that everyone had to pick their spots spread out between the stations. There was less chance of production manipulation in that other than the groups they chose to send into the house. The last comp didn't look like it was even that hard or that they were being pulled or anything, it was almost like they were all play acting it through or something. I have a feeling Cory will be coming back into the house with some sort of power (something like agree not to play in veto and end up with a power later or something). He could try to sell it to others that they took his veto play away from him, but anyone with half a brain would know there is a benefit in there somewhere if that were the case.

Now for this twist of having Cirie in the house. This is complete bullshit. This givens her and her son a HUGE advantage because they have someone in the house they can trust 100$ no matter what (like Kristie and Tommy had in their season). Plus she didn't have to compete in the comps to determine whether she is on the block or not, which gives her yet ANOTHER advantage.

Finally, once again social media is going to be blowing up over race on the show and we are only 1 episode deep. 3 of the 4 people that are going to be nominated (as of now) are black. Even though this has NOTHING to do with their position in the game, it 100% will be the biggest topic about ths season. And just think if after the veto, Cory removes himself and they end up with any other POC on the block next to them. Here we go again with the narrative not even being what is actually going on in the house.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Premiere Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premiere Episode   Premiere Episode EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 9:37 am

The premier was underwhelming as it usually is. I just have to laugh each year about how they overhype the "biggest twist ever" bullshit only for it to fall flat.

I thought the same thing about the final comp, that the hand wasn't even pulling them but I think Cory fucked up and wasn't supposed to let go until after the show went off the air, even Julie seemed surprised by it.

I agree about the Cirie thing and apparently Izzy has figured it out but that information has not been shared yet. If I were in the house, Cirie would be the #1 target to get the hell out of there.

I was in a live watch party on discord for the premier, the race baiters started their bullshit as soon as Jared was the first nominee, but so far all that bullshit has been shut down quick both there and on social media, but now that you mentioned Cory winning POV, that's actually something I'm going to root for just to watch these people make fools of themselves.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Premiere Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premiere Episode   Premiere Episode EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 4:11 pm

My husband saw part of a podcast or something on his phone (he didn't remember which one) and they were talking about someone who was seen talking to Jared at the end of the episode or something and they were speculating she had figured it out. He really does look very much like her and scrutiny on her will be higher given she is from Survivor and didn't have to compete. I just hate it when they do these things where they give advantages to certain people. Just pick a cast and let them play for a change, now THAT would be the "biggest twist in BB history" over any I have ever seen.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Premiere Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premiere Episode   Premiere Episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Premiere Episode
Page 1 of 1