Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter season coming up?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Winter season coming up? Empty
PostSubject: Winter season coming up?   Winter season coming up? EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 3:56 pm

There are rumors floating all over social media that due to the writers strike there will be another season coming up, maybe around January. The rumor is that it will be a shortened format "All winners" season and go similar to what the celebrity formats were. I honestly don't believe it for several reasons. CBS has their new diversity rule for reality showings meaning that 50% of the cast must be black, indigenous or people of color. Of all past winners the ones that fir that requirement are Taylor, Xavier, Kaysee, Josh and Jun. Of course, they could suspend that rule just fr this "special" seson but they will catch all kinds of shit for it.

I'd honestly rather see another celebrity season rather than all winners. I don't think any of the winners that I'd want to see play again actually would. I know Dick wouldn't play, they might be able to get Dan and they might be able to get Rachel (I would only want Rachel for the chaos she brings) and possible Dr Will
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

PostSubject: Re: Winter season coming up?   Winter season coming up? EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 4:07 pm

I thought the writer's strike was over? I know a segment of it was done or reached an agreement and then I thought the other part did too. This shows how much I pay attention to this stuff. They have new shows coming on too, so that made me think it was completely over too, but maybe not.

Regardless, I really don't care to see a winners thing either because the people I would NEVER want to see would be the ones they would definitely bring back to play. One person I would really like to see would be Derrick just because the game he played would never work a second time (especially with players who knew what they were doing) and I don't think he has any way to pivot to something else. Seeing him sweating it from week to week might be kind of entertaining, but not enough for me to sit through a season of the terrible winners like Andy or people I just can't stand watching at all like Taylor.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

PostSubject: Re: Winter season coming up?   Winter season coming up? EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 4:49 pm

Yes, the strike is over, but an aftermath of the strike is still in effect. Production ground to a halt during it so the only new shows you are seeing come out were filmed and edited before the strike began so they just need to catch up.

I never want to see Derrick on my TV again, the guy is full of shit in everything he does and while his bullshit wouldn;t work on a lot of them, thre are still those who think his shit doesn't stink and we'd likely get the most recent winners rather than the old school ones that could suss it out.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

PostSubject: Re: Winter season coming up?   Winter season coming up? EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 7:47 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Yes, the strike is over, but an aftermath of the strike is still in effect.  Production ground to a halt during it so the only new shows you are seeing come out were filmed and edited before the strike began so they just need to catch up.

I never want to see Derrick on my TV again, the guy is full of shit in everything he does and while his bullshit wouldn;t work on a lot of them, thre are still those who think his shit doesn't stink and we'd likely get the most recent winners rather than the old school ones that could suss it out.

Oh of course, there would be those people who would want to play WITH him, but his game is controlling everything and never being in danger and having to save himself by competing, which he obviously can't do.

That being said, the only entertainment I would get to watching Derrick again would be to see him evicted the first or second week, or being the perpetual pawn for a few weeks because everyone knows he isn't going to win a veto anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter season coming up?   Winter season coming up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter season coming up?
Page 1 of 1