Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thursday 8/10 episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Thursday 8/10 episode Empty
PostSubject: Thursday 8/10 episode   Thursday 8/10 episode EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 11:18 pm

Other than Jared's "ignorance vs Malice" Dr session, I'm not sure how to feel about the way the whole thing was addressed. We already know that Kirsten using the same thing will never be addressed (more on that later). I'm also surprised that the episode didn't lead with the topic instead of the veto aftermath, I could maybe understand if they actually showed some convos between Hasim and others about his decision but I digress.

So that brings us to the live vote and eviction, it takes way too long. Get rid of the shoutouts and dancing in the hallway bullshit. Besides that Kirsten gets evicted 13-0, as it was going on I was hoping the rumors of the eviction getting cancelled were actually true. How awkward for her to be back in there after getting voted out 13-0? But then that stupid conspiracy part of my brain kicked in. What if it was supposed to be cancelled and she stays, we've seen the clip of her using the same word that got Luke expelled. CBS gets scrutinized for not holding her to the same standard, but before they can react, she gets evicted and told about the Cirie/Jared relationship so you know she can't come back

I'm so pissed the way the episode ended with it basically being a cliffhanger. I have a sneaking suspicion its an endurance comp that we get robbed of.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Thursday 8/10 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 8/10 episode   Thursday 8/10 episode EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 1:23 am

I agree that they should have led the episode with Luke being removed from the game. It was almost like they were trying to hide from it or something which makes it look even worse. I will give production more credit for their decision with Luke after seeing the whole situation because I believe his complete and total lack of remorse about it immediately following kind of pointed to the idea that he would probably be making that kind of "slip" again and again as if it is part of his personality or something. Whereas Kirsten made the slip and immediately moved away from it and didn't try to justify it or anything (at least as far as I know). Luke was a complete jerk about the whole situation which I believe played into the decision that I feel was the right one and removing Kirsten may have also been right given the situation.

Now the episode was okay otherwise giving us some of the fallout kind of thing with Reilly feeling the usual pressure an outgoing HOH feels. We got to see just how stupid a couple of the players were and unfortunately a couple of situations that Reilly could have handled better to advantage herself a bit. This is more of a newbie type of mistake as far as I can see.

For instance, she should have pivoted the conversation on both Izzy and Red when they came in there with their accusations and such. She could have said she does hang out with the same people, but she thinks it is because she is HOH and some have similar interests, nothing serious. Then flip it around on both of them saying "well it looks like you have been having serious alliance talks and since I haven't I guess I have to watch my back going forward because I don't have any official groups LIKE YOU DO." This would make people backpedal and try to back out of the conversation.

The next thing is Hisam talking to the "older people" is a good thing. You have to go with groups that work for you and form them how you can and they would be less impulsive. But lets be honest with the exception of him and maybe one or two others, there isn't a lot of chance of HOH's coming their way, so being picked off is a possibility if they are too obvious with their grouping. Cirie was smart at first when she said it was great that Hisam was taking the reins and leading this thing, but 2 seconds later, she is the ringleader calling people to the balcony and making the alliance herself without him being involved. And I wonder if she has thought about the fact that her son is one of the athletic "young people" in the house, so what happens when he becomes a target of the "older people" and she has to steer them away from him? And she always wants him in her alliances, so doesn't that look fishy?

Lastly, the revelation from Kirsten that Jared said something about a nickname that people call him and someone else saying that is the name of one of Cirie's kids was interesting since it supposedly happened about an hour before the episode. I wonder who was involved in that conversation and if it will ever gain any legs.

Oh, wait, one more thing. I really hope that they are not planning to do all the HOH comps behind the scenes. I hate this crap. Hopefully it was that way tonight because of the added Luke drama and removal and not the norm going forward.
Back to top Go down

Thursday 8/10 episode
Page 1 of 1