Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finale night episode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Finale night episode Empty
PostSubject: Finale night episode   Finale night episode EmptyMon Oct 14, 2024 1:10 am

Starting with the endurance comp. I noticed a couple of fishy aspects to this comp. I noticed when they showed it starting at the end of the memory lane clip show Friday, but decided to wait to see it more on tonight's episode. Sure enough that "fishy" aspect was still there.

If you watch the beginning when they get in the contraption, why is Chelsie able to hold her handles and with bent arms, but Cam and MJ both have their arms almost completely stretched out? I would think that would make a big difference for anyone in the comp. I do realize that Chelsie had a better strategy for keeping a "fresh arm" as she described it over MJ and Cam, but I just wish production wouldn't do these things. Obviously with the height difference there would be differences in the contraptions, but that shouldn't affect how the person is able to hold on. I was surprised that Cam didn't last longer, but that could be editing. I didn't notice if they showed the final time or not but it seemed pretty quick.

I thought the second comp was pretty cool. Could have done without the whole Derrick segment with his transmission to them and such, but it was okay, I guess. MJ absolutely SMOKED Cam in that one. It looked like Cam was trying to make sure all 3 segments were lined up before moving the object through it. Once you clear a segment, it doesn't matter any longer, you concentrate on the next one. The clips of Chelsie's face watching Cam do so awful said it all, she was 100% wanting him to win part 2. And Cam basically just SUCKS at comps plain and simple.

The final was great. They were so evenly matched and I think that surprised Chelsie, and the look on her face when MJ was named the winner once again said it all as far as what she, herself, was going to do. She would have cut MJ for sure and would have won unanimously, but if she is honest, this particular win HAS to be much sweeter because she was against MJ at the end and still won all the votes.

The roundtable was actually not too bad. I think Quinn was better at leading it than Taylor, but that is probably my bias showing through as well. Taylor was helping Angela make that roundtable all about HER and it made me sick.

The question and answer thing was a joke once again because these "agreed upon questions" and Julie asking them all if they had agreed like someone is going to say they didn't is just more ridiculousness to add to the situation. Let the interaction come from a question and answer. Let BOTH people answer various questions, not one posed to this one and then that one.

I think MJ lost the few votes I think she had when she said her biggest move was taking out Leah and it wasn't Chelsie's doing (even though it took out one of Chelsie's talking points) and Chelsie torpedoed MJ's vote from Angela when she said she talked MJ into using the veto on Angele who was the person in the house she hated the most since day 6. Angela's entire face and demeanor changed from there out.

All in all I think MJ did better with her speech than I thought she would. She was articulate, she just didn't use the right talking points. She should have said her biggest move was winning AI to take out Tucker when nobody else was able to beat him, talking Chelsie into putting up Quinn instead of Leah that week because Quinn was more solid with Chelsie and Leah was more solid with MJ, and convincing Chelsie to vote out Tkor because they weren't sure how many votes they actually had for that and Tkor was the brains of that trio. I think this would have at least put her into the thought process for a vote from Angela, Leah and Quinn, possibly even Tkor because I don't think she is aware that Chelsie didn't vote to keep her. But Chelsie was much better prepared for the final question/answer/speech portion so kudos to her.

I am very bummed that MJ didn't get ANY votes at all because I think she deserved it. And yes, Ctown, I know she could have taken the easy way out and cut Chelsie the way Chelsi probably would have cut her, but I respect the fact that she wanted to be against the best and damn sure didn't want Cam to get second place because he sincerely didn't deserve it.

Lastly, it was no surprise that Tucker won AFP and deserved it, especially considering he didn't even make it to jury. But I find it weird that the runners up were Quinn and Angela. Looking at the polls at various sites, Tucker was always at the top and the second half of the season it was Leah right up there and sometimes MJ. Quinn and Angela were NEVER in the running AT ALL. Plus I read an interview that Julie did a couple of days ago and said that Tucker had been running away with it, but since he went to jury early, that could end up costing him the award. She then said that Leah had been making a strong run for the top for "several weeks" and Angela was even a dark horse "if all the middle-aged mom" started voting to help her. So I can buy the Angela one, but QUINN? That is laughable and I don't believe it for a minute. Rubina would be a more believable 3rd person than Quinn for sure.

All in all, it was a good season and I hope the people who did the casting this year will be doing it next year. They did a good job to get a good mix, well for the most part anyway, and the AI arena twist was the first successful twist they have had for as long as I can remember.

Ctown, I enjoyed another season hanging out and debating with you. Will see you (and Vinny) next season!

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

PostSubject: Re: Finale night episode   Finale night episode EmptyMon Oct 14, 2024 12:51 pm

That endurance comp was nothing new for BB. I really do wish they would adjust things for height differences the way Survivor does, but that's nothing more than a pipe dream. Thr first part lasted a whopping 37 minutes before Cam dropped.

The cheesiness of part 2 was also to be expected, they do all kinds of cheesy no and of course their reaction to the fake raven was way over the top. I was pleasantly surprise that part 2 was not a timed individual comp and had them going head to head where they could see each others progress and had nothing to do with order evicted or things like that.

The jury roundtable was useless as always. But Taylor did accomplish what she set out to do and that was to bait Angela. I think it still pisses her off that they compared Angela to Taylor weeks ago. I think what they need to do if they insist on a roundtable host is to put it in their conract that if you win the game, you are obligated to return the following season to host the roundtable. Yes we would get some shitty winners doing it like Andy (who it absolutely kills that he has never been asked back for anything) but it would at least shake it up a bit and not see the same shit year after year.

The final round of HoH was good. I do like the pick the false statement aspect of it. I know it pissed Chelsie off to lose that final round regardless of her claim to only win when she wanted to.

I have zero respect for MJ taking the harder route and better competitor in Chelsie. It is no different tha the stupid decision the Cody made in season 16 to bring Derek, And because of hat stupid decision, we have to see things that his stupid comp host thing this year. If he never wins, he never gets asked to come back for that (Although they probably would have made sure he won All Stars 2)

MJ deserved zero votes. She may have won a lot of comps,but with her power she made mistake after mistake and got easily manipulated by Chelsei. Now Chelsie has stated in exit interviews that she would have taken MJ had she won part 3 but it's easy to say that after she just beat her.

Best season we've had in a while, not from a gameplay standpoint, but from an entertainment standpoint. And it was nice to see Jankie get rebooted. Hopefully the keep the AI arena thing going, but don;t tinker with it. If it's not broke don't fix it.

As always it's nice to have our discussion here, especially when we disagree on certain things, because let's face it. It would be boring if we agreed on everything.

Back to top Go down
imok
BB Xtra Super Junkie
BB Xtra Super Junkie
imok

Female Posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Finale night episode   Finale night episode EmptyYesterday at 6:10 pm

And thank you both for another season of play by play and blow by blow commentary! I always check here first to see the goings on before I even get to the actual episode. lol.
Now it's a wait till Traitors starts again, but I will see you both next year!
Thanks again Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finale night episode   Finale night episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Finale night episode
Page 1 of 1