Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

9/8 Episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 4:03 am

They really screwed up the narrative on several fronts in this episode.  The blindside of Joseph leaving the house instead of Kimo brought A LOT of very emotional responses.  MJ honestly changed her vote because of the similarities between Kimo and her brother.  It really hit home for her and caught her by surprise when he said it.  I think Chelsie switched her vote both because she thought Kimo should be part of jury more than Joseph, but also to stay in good with Tkor, which seems to be her most important thing, although she always tries to say it is about Cam.  But both of these people owned their votes, stated the reasons and didn't try to hide from it.

Leah was a piece of work.  She was fake sobbing (no tears) and her DR said she couldn't help but feel "kind of responsible" for him going home.  Guess what Leah, you are 100% the reason he went home.  The 2 people in this game who would have had her back over anyone else in the house and she shit on BOTH of them to get some air time for doing 1 on 1's (that didn't get aired) and to be the center of attention making this "big move" for a damn jury vote.  She threw away 1, possibly 2 jury votes to keep 1 from a person who is fickle from 1 minute to the next. Then she expected Quinn to comfort HER when Joseph left the house and he had his 2nd HOH go to shit this time at the hands of the person he trusted the most.

And can anyone tell me why Angela has become the most used narrator for the comps and other happenings in the house? She is not popular, so why would they do that?

Now for the HOH comp. The did a good job with the questions, but of course since everyone studied together, there were a lot of people doing well. Why the hell was Cam shadow boxing while listening and answering the questions? It looked really stupid. And there is Angela who really thinks she is KILLING this comp when everyone but Rubina were tied and then she started missing the questions. Now the tiebreaker. I can't believe that Cam added an extra zero. He was talking about that yesterday, but I didn't catch it all and thought maybe he wrote it down by mistake. Now I see he actually didn't know if there should be 2 or 3 zeros when multiplying 60 x 60! He will have trouble living that one down. And what the hell was Kimo doing? MJ had a great guess, but Cam would have beat both MJ and Chelsie if he had just knew it was 2 zeros.

The fluff part about Cam and his schmoozing of women was silly. The one of him and Leah happened weeks ago when they were actively flirting. Then they showed the touchy, feely stuff with Cam and MJ, but did you notice that there was never any kind of flirting or cute moments between him and Chelsie? I'm thinking maybe he just isn't that into her. There was much more flirting with Leah, but that was weeks ago. I don't think he is actually too interested in anyone in the house to be honest.

Now the 1 on 1's for noms. Why did they show Chelsie going right at Cam about saving Leah or MJ instead of her, hitting it head on with him (there was a lot of talk build up to it, and it wasn't really as accusatory as it seemed because of the splicing stuff together), but they didn't show Chelsie going straight at Leah. She came right out and asked about the week she was on the block with Cam and Leah apparently told everyone she would do whatever she had to do in order to save Cam over anyone, especially Chelsie. Brooklyn was also on the block that week too and they were supposed to be friends, but it was said that she was all in to save Cam first. Leah denied it and Chelsie said she was just trying to clear the air with her, but was taken aback by the questions and started doing that "like blah, blah, blah..........like blah, blah, blah" that we saw take place.

Oh, and when Chelsie was questioning Cam's loyalty and it showed him in the DR pointing out she just kept him on the wrong side of a vote that makes him more vulnerable, so maybe he should question her, I wish he would have said that to her. Not is a bitchy way, but to show that she has shown loyalty to others over him on many occasions. And why the hell did Angela think that Cam SHOULD help her with Chelsie? They don't have a game relationship or anything. She will ask ANYONE for ANYTHING and then blow people shit up. She almost screwed up her getting saved today with her shit stirring.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 8:45 am

As usual, I din't pay much attention to the episode. Sure there was the fallout fro mthe Joseph thing and I still think they made the wrong move it, just as they're going to make the wrong move keeping Kimo again this week.

So what, is MJ never going to evict Kimo because of his speech? I get that she owned her vote and said she's fine if she goes home from voting personal, but that doesn;t mean I have to like it. It's bad gameplay and if you can't separate personal from game, why play?

As far as Leah being responsible for Joseph going home? Bullshit! Quinn is the one that put him up there. All because of some bullshit that he voted to keep Tucker when Quinn wanted him gone. Quinn could have put anyone else up and it would have made mroe sense to put up T'kor, but he's too much of a pussy and it bit him in the ass. Quinn is the one that is 100% responsible for Joseph going home. I don't care that he told Leah that Joseph would be the renom. That was his way to try to manipulate her to do what he wanted and she called his bluff, as a result his 2nd final 2 went home

I got bored with the comp pretty quick. I think seeing Lisa as one of the characters waned my interest in it. But obviously BB is not going to let players give their true thoughts in the DR. This is now the second time an accidental HoH has said they were gunning for it. Chelsie told everyone she went low on purpose to try and throw it to the others but they all went to high. Well which is it?

I also could have done without the reference to Taylor as if she is some sort of BB goddess. She is still an insufferable asshat and just this past weekend got into a twitter war with a kid over some stupid shit with the kid posting a pic of her and Joseph telling her to make up her mind.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 2:15 pm

No, MJ isn't going to keep Kimo every time, this was a decision between Joseph and Kimo. I don't see her doing that with other people, especially when Quinn tells her Kimo is aware and using her brother's situation for the game.

As for Joseph leaving, I disagree that it is all Quinn's fault. He was fucked whatever he did. He did his entire HOH on the premise that he would protect the 5 people who voted with him to take out Tucker. If he put any of them up, that screws him with those 5. If he put up Tkor, he is REALLY done with her and Rubina, and they have a lot of influence on Chelsie as well. So he would be on the block right now fighting for his life. Leah used that veto for all the wrong reasons, especially just to be in the spotlight and screwed over 2 of the people in the house who had her back 100%. She threw her game away right then and there.

Chelsie didn't want this HOH because she is terrified of the double eviction, that is for sure. She stayed with it because Kimo was in it. She thought MJ or Cam would be pretty accurate with their estimates and she was actually correct with that because MJ was closest, she just went over a little bit and Cam added a zero. I think she knew that Kimo wasn't going to win that tiebreaker. And yes, the DR is going to make them always talk about how cool it is to win HOH even when they really don't want it.

I get so tired of all the Taylor garbage. Having Angela do that potato chip bullshit in the DR was cheesy and stupid. The is the house clown for production. They get her to talk about how people will be sorry for putting her up and she will win veto or whatever and you can tell even SHE doesn't believe it. And if I have to hear 1 more conversation between Rubina and Tkor talking about how important the diversity of the cast is and even more important that they make sure this season has a POC win it, I am going to vomit. Every time they do it, all I think is if a white hg were saying they need to break the streak of having a POC winner, social media would bring down the internet with outrage! The hypocrisy is just sickening.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 3:11 pm

IT is still 100% Quinns fault. HE backed himself into a corner with his promises. What would he have done had Angela won the veto herself and took herself down? He wasn't going to nominate Leah or any of the others and we are right back where we ended up? Would that be Leah's fault to for not trying hard enough to win?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 3:14 pm

As far as the diversity thing goes, another reason I'm glad to not have the feeds.  I don't have to hear it and if I see it being discussed on twitter I can just scroll right past it.

Now if CBS made it a point to constantly show how woke they are, then I'd have a problem with it. Other than the one time that they showed T'kor talking about 2 black women won comps back to back, they haven't focused on it, even the T'kor thing was basically shown in passing
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 5:27 pm

ctown28 wrote:
IT is still 100% Quinns fault.  HE backed himself into a corner with his promises.  What would he have done had Angela won the veto herself and took herself down?  He wasn't going to nominate Leah or any of the others and we are right back where we ended up?  Would that be Leah's fault to for not trying hard enough to win?

But Leah screwed herself in the process as much as she screwed over Quinn and Joseph. Like I said if he had chosen ANYONE else to go on the block but Joseph, he would be on the block this week. Putting Joseph up was really his only move. Leah had Quinn and Joseph wrapped around her little finger. She didn't need Angela to win the game. 2 days after she was saved, Angela wanted to do something to "save Kimo" and almost disrupted things herself AGAINST Leah's specific wishes.

So Leah saved someone who has long shown she will blow up ANYONE's game, changes her mind more than she changes her cloths, is completely volatile all the time and took the chance on losing Joseph and blowing up Quinn in the process. Now she is losing Quinn as well because he has flipped on just about every alliance he has ever had, Joseph was just the latest one. She should have left those noms the same, lost Angela as a vote and had 2 people to use as shields and to do her bidding for as long as they were there.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 5:33 pm

ctown28 wrote:
As far as the diversity thing goes, another reason I'm glad to not have the feeds.  I don't have to hear it and if I see it being discussed on twitter I can just scroll right past it.

Now if CBS made it a point to constantly show how woke they are, then I'd have a problem with it.  Other than the one time that they showed T'kor talking about 2 black women won comps back to back, they haven't focused on it, even the T'kor thing was basically shown in passing

Whether they show it on the episode doesn't mean it isn't happening. Remember in the Aaryn and Gina Marie season when the racist stuff was very UGLY, they tried not to show it on the episode for as long as possible; basically waiting until they just couldn't ignore it any longer and that was even worse in the end. Now hiding the things that are going showing the flip side of the coin is wrong as well.

Think about this, when finale night comes and if Tkor is sitting next to Chelsie and they were successful in having a final 4 of POC, you don't think that is going to be part of the speeches? And if that is HOW they are making decisions then damn it, they should show it. Tkor is targeting people in this game based on their race and gender and she should not be able to just do that without it being shown.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 6:15 pm

chap5788 wrote:
 Like I said if he had chosen ANYONE else to go on the block but Joseph, he would be on the block this week.  Putting Joseph up was really his only move.

And this was his own doing because of promises he made and nothing to do with Leah. Again, what would he have done if Angela had won and taken herself down? The same thing and he'd be in the same position as he is now.

There is one key aspect that is missing from this year and it's testament to how bad all the HG's are as players. Why hasn't a single HoH made any deals about keeping their safety the following week. Quinn got the biggest threat comp out. They know who the competitors are. Why did he not go to some of the people with some comp prowess and make a deal to keep them safe in return for his safety the following week? Putting people up simply because the way they voted in an eviction is a shitty way to play and is exactly how we got to all the seasons of unanimous evictions, ironically until this year.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 7:03 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
 Like I said if he had chosen ANYONE else to go on the block but Joseph, he would be on the block this week.  Putting Joseph up was really his only move.

And this was his own doing because of promises he made and nothing to do with Leah.  Again, what would he have done if Angela had won and taken herself down?  The same thing and he'd be in the same position as he is now.  

There is one key aspect that is missing from this year and it's testament to how bad all the HG's are as players.  Why hasn't a single HoH made any deals about keeping their safety the following week.  Quinn got the biggest threat comp out.  They know who the competitors are.  Why did he not go to some of the people with some comp prowess and make a deal to keep them safe in return for his safety the following week?  Putting people up simply because the way they voted in an eviction is a shitty way to play and is exactly how we got to all the seasons of unanimous evictions, ironically until this year.

Considering most of the vetoes are skill and/or physical I would take the risk that Angela would not be winning it. If it DID happen yes he would have been in a tough spot, but Leah using the veto was a voluntary thing, not a necessary thing, she just wanted air time and a vote from someone who changes her mind all the time.

I think because of all the alliances the groups in the past several seasons, hg's come into the house thinking a deal and an alliance are the same thing. They don't know the old school kind of thing to say "I won't put you up, if you agree not to put me up next week." That is a 1 week thing, it is not a work until the end of the game kind of thing that an alliance is SUPPOSED to do.

It will take a couple of players to use it in the upcoming seasons to maybe bring it back. At least they have stopped all the unanimous votes a bit more this season and I hope that continues in the coming seasons.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyMon Sep 09, 2024 8:39 pm

It could have been tiny veto, which she could have won, it could have been all kinds of things. The fact of the matter is with that many people in the house, Quinn had exactly ONE target and no contingency plan. Yes, Leah made things tougher on him but ultimately he is the one who made the decision to put up Joseph. To think he had no other choice doesn't make sense.

Just like Leah using veto was a voluntary thing, putting up your closest ally and Final 2 was also a voluntary thing. If you don't want your ally to go home, don't put them up. Just becasue Leah made what some may consider a bad move, doesn;t give Quinn full immunity to be accountable for his own bad move.

9 times out of 10 if an HoH goes in with tunnel vision with only 1 target, they're fucked. And remember something else about Quinns HoH, he wanted to form another large alliance that consisted of the 7 members who were not initial noms. What would he have done then if veto is used? Just all around bad gameplay
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyTue Sep 10, 2024 1:02 am

I'm not saying he has "full immunity" from the situation, but his plan to finally get rid of the person who has blown his game up more than anyone (other than Tucker) was going absolutely according to plan, and then his ACTUAL #1 person screwed it up for him AND herself!

Today he told Leah "If I had put up Tkor instead of Joseph, Chelsie would have still won HOH and I would be on the block and going home anyway, so the end result is the same." Then he told her he was thinking of telling Chelsie that he would vote for her to stay even if she was on the block against Leah to get some trust, but he wouldn't do it if Leah had any objections. She said she didn't want him to do it because it puts the idea in people's head to put her on the block. This should tell him EVERYTHING he needs to know about Leah. Even if he were to somehow pull off a miracle and survive, she will NEVER have his back regardless of the situation.

I get that is her game and she does OWN her behavior (which I do admire in hg's), but I don't think I have ever seen a more selfish person play this game. Someone who NEVER thinks of anyone else but herself. Yes, it is an individual game, but Quinn is out of plays and she just steps over his almost dead body and moves on.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyTue Sep 10, 2024 1:03 am

Wait, there is one other person I can think of who was this selfish............Boogie, and that is the bottom of the barrel for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyTue Sep 10, 2024 8:11 am

Do you honestly think Chelsie would have believed Quinn had he tried to feed her that line of bullshit? He's been caught in too many lies and his credibility is shot. It's his very own fault he's in the position he's in. He, if head put up Chelsie and sent her home then she wouldn't have won HoH.

And yes, you did claim he had full immunity with one simple comment about Leah being 100% responsible for Joseph going home.44Oh, and you forgot the most selfish player of all time that is also considered to be one of the greats. Dan Gheesling, he would step over his mother to win the game and everything he did was "not personal" The thing is, with Dan, you could believe him. He was a master of separating game from real life and nobody could do it better
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode EmptyTue Sep 10, 2024 3:01 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Do you honestly think Chelsie would have believed Quinn had he tried to feed her that line of bullshit?   He's been caught in too many lies and his credibility is shot.  It's his very own fault he's in the position he's in.  He, if head put up Chelsie and sent her home then she wouldn't have won HoH.

And yes, you did claim he had full immunity with one simple comment about Leah being 100% responsible for Joseph going home.44Oh, and you forgot the most selfish player of all time that is also considered to be one of the greats.  Dan Gheesling, he would step over his mother to win the game and everything he did was "not personal"  The thing is, with Dan, you could believe him.  He was a master of separating game from real life and nobody could do it better

Of course Chelsie wouldn't believe Quinn saying he would vote for her against Leah. The point was that he wanted to try it, but Leah shut it down because it MIGHT put ideas in peoples head about putting her on the block. The selfishness she shows to him on a regular basis and he would still do anything for her. It truly is sad.

Yes, Dan was EXTREMELY selfish, but I don't recall him being nasty just for the sake of it. Boogie was sleazy with Erica and he didn't need to take it that far, but he did and then laughed about it and humiliated her on national TV. Leah isn't QUITE to that point yet, but it is still sleazy what she has been doing with Quinn and Joseph. Dan's is different, but I will say when he swore on the Bible, I thought that crossed a line for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

9/8 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/8 Episode   9/8 Episode Empty

Back to top Go down

9/8 Episode
Page 1 of 1