Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final thoughts on the season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Final thoughts on the season Empty
PostSubject: Final thoughts on the season   Final thoughts on the season EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 pm

It started off very weak, like it usually does. We saw an early shift where one steamroll replaced another, then the split house twist happened. IMO this saved the season. It stopped the steamroll and created chaso. And lets be honest, we tune in for the chaos. Then of course Michael and Brittany had to do the racism bullshit which I still think is non existant, but that made the rest of the season interesting.

How I miss the old Big Brother where instead of talking things out, things turned into shouting matches (probably a good thing in real life, but not for the show). The closest we came was Daniel and Monte and that was lame compared to old stanadards (eat your fucking froot loops"

I don't think Taylor is a good winner in the aspect of the game, but the aspect of the game players now a days. She did not play a good game, she played a sloppy game and got brought to the end.

But hey, she won and made history, so lets see what it will be next year, cant do first black winner, can't do first female black winner, so what is it?

All in all congrats Taylor

And a big thank you especially to chap for discussing the season with me and to all who may have lurked just reading our shit
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Final thoughts on the season   Final thoughts on the season EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 12:57 am

They could easily return to the chaos and drama in the season with casting. You need a couple of people who are rebels and don't like to be told what to do. Everyone is always afraid to speak out, especially before making it to jury (which seems to be everyone's goal each season) for fear of being targeted. There were several conversations this particular season about all the outspoken people being sent out first and that needs to change. I did agree with Dr. Will that it was at least a strong final 3 where there was at least a case each person could make to win the game. In other words, there were no Victoria's in the mix. But, like I posted before, it would be great if we could just have a game played without some kind of politically correct statement or anything like that being the narrative for the game. Just play the game as it should be played. And the twists need to be actually vetted and thought out where it stirs shit up instead of saving certain people that production thinks would make the best winners and/or finalists.

I do agree with you ctown that the house split did save the season to a certain extent, but I think we were headed for the house splitting organically too. I think it made it more prevalent, but I think it was definitely coming. I also would have liked to see Kyle and Michael kind of facing off in the game a bit more and I think that would have happened had it not been for Michael's dirty sleazy play at that moment.

I think they did do a good job for the second year in a row as far as casting, not so many of the stereotypical categories they used to try to fill and much more diversity which I think is great, but there is so much more they could do to make the season better and live up to the "expect the unexpected" mantra, but unless Grodner is sent packing I don't see that happening any time soon.

I did really enjoy debating the season once again with you Ctown. I do wish some of those who lurk on the site would actually join in the debates, but maybe it will happen next year. It's just nice to be able to debate, agree or disagree and stay civil with people on a daily basis throughout the season, even when Ctown is being completely unreasonable and not admitting that I am right most of the time!

I look forward to watching, debating and posting next year again. Let's hope they have a great cast and NO AGENDA for the people in the house other than winning the damn game.
Back to top Go down
imok
BB Xtra Super Junkie
BB Xtra Super Junkie
imok

Female Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Final thoughts on the season   Final thoughts on the season EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 2:46 am

Thank you both again this year for keeping us all up to speed on the comings and going‘s in the house. You two always do such a great job of consolidating each episode in a nutshell! Thank you for the time and effort you both put in to your commentary… it is much appreciated. Bow Looking forward to next year!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Final thoughts on the season   Final thoughts on the season EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 1:09 pm

imok wrote:
Thank you both again this year for keeping us all up to speed on the comings and going‘s in the house. You two always do such a great job of consolidating each episode in a nutshell! Thank you for the time and effort you both put in to your commentary… it is much appreciated. Bow Looking forward to next year!

Thanks Imok. Hopefully we will see a few more posts from you as well! See ya next year! cheers1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final thoughts on the season   Final thoughts on the season Empty

Back to top Go down

Final thoughts on the season
Page 1 of 1