Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wednesday 8/23 episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Wednesday 8/23 episode Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 11:42 pm

I have to say, I loved the comp itself. It was hilarious watching them all acting like chickens to "lay" those eggs and I have to hand it to Felicia she did keep fighting through that shit. She is 63 years old and did a lot better than Kathy did that one year for sure. I really wish that Cirie would have had to do that comp, or really any comp for that matter. She is running the house, so how about getting her to play in a comp or two?

The Cory segment was kind of funny. I kind of like his weird dry humor. I think him and Brittany Haynes would have been hilarious together on the show because it is the same kind of humor. It really is too bad he is not as charming in the house as he is in the DR.

Now for the rest, I was BORED TO DEATH! Sure they did a good job setting up Hisam not wanting to play and everyone playing along with him. Felicia handled her short speech to put him up very well, but otherwise, the rest was fluff and bullshit.

I don't think Cirie was making those faces about Jared and Blue in the hammock because they showed the camera pan toward the other side of the yard, but then the edit happened and showed her looking over there. We never really saw her looking right at them. Now she did speak with him about it, but she basically told him that "others" were saying things and the DR statement made it look like she was going to call him out. All she does is go around and clean up after his sloppy play, always having an excuse that "Jared is getting this information" or "Jared didn't mean that" or "Jared isn't the one who told this person information or whatever." At some point people are going to stop wanting to hear the excuses and I hope they start asking questions about her always defending him, even with groups they are not together in.

I know the Wednesday episode always ends with the veto box closing, but in this situation, it would have made much more sense if they had cut out A LOT of that fluff bullshit, had the meeting a bit early and let the cliffhanger be after Hisam went off on Felicia and then Izzy. Now they have to cram it all in tomorrow night along with all his campaigning and the flip the vote discussions that happen with this stupid cast over and over.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 9:19 am

I also initially thought of Kathy from season 12 when I saw what the comp was. Something about the comp bothered me though. This was a grueling comp. Feeds were down for a total of 2 hours 42 minutes while they played it. This seems like a very short amount of time with this type of thing. I know it really means nothing, just something in the back of my mind about it.

Another thing about the comp is that when the feeds came back, I thought I saw some reports from updaters about Felicia being upset with Red because he 1"obviously" threw the comp, but then when I saw this comp and how horrible she did and him being right in it until the end, that doesn't make sense, I can't be bothered to go back and look at updates, perhaps I'm misremembering it because I also remember them being upset he threw HoH (Which also makes no sense with it being a crapshoot)

I really didn't think Hisam was too upset. Shocked yes, pissed not so much. Of course his DR is gonna say he was pissed but he's a horrible actor and it's almost as if he's reading off of cue cards. I knew they wouldn't show any early fallout as they never do. They really need to change the format of both the Sunday and Wednesday shows. On Sunday do noms a bit earlier and maybe even end with picking veto players, on Wednesday just show some of the initial fallout.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 9:24 am

Also from the comp, this is too funny not to share:

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 2:27 pm

I seem to remember Felicia bitching about Red too, so someone probably told her this. They seem to think he is throwing EVERYTHING no matter what the situation is, so they probably just assumed or something.

As far as the time the feeds were down, for some reason they are not bringing the feeds right back up following the comps, they let it linger or something. I hope they don't continue that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 3:43 pm

chap5788 wrote:

As far as the time the feeds were down, for some reason they are not bringing the feeds right back up following the comps, they let it linger or something.  I hope they don't continue that.

That's just the thing. I'm used to them being down for so long, but this time it seems they were down way shorter than they should have been for such a grueling comp. I mean the show aired about 20-30 mins of them playing and didn't come close to showing all the eggs that were placed. I just thought it was weird
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 4:31 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

As far as the time the feeds were down, for some reason they are not bringing the feeds right back up following the comps, they let it linger or something.  I hope they don't continue that.

That's just the thing.  I'm used to them being down for so long, but this time it seems they were down way shorter than they should have been for such a grueling comp.  I mean the show aired about 20-30 mins of them playing and didn't come close to showing all the eggs that were placed.  I just thought it was weird

But if you pay close attention to the comp on the episode, they replay several of the clips from a different advantage. They do this with comps like this a lot when they want to make it look worse than it is. There was a point where Red and Jag were neck and neck and then all of the sudden Jag was a couple of eggs ahead but they kept showing them going to and fro at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 8/23 episode   Wednesday 8/23 episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday 8/23 episode
Page 1 of 1