Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Huge change to live feeds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Huge change to live feeds Empty
PostSubject: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyMon Jul 15, 2024 6:14 pm

Well the season hasn't even started yet ad they are already pissing people off.  The archive and flashback features will no longer be available on the live feeds.  This is not some bullshit rumor, this is straight from the paramount plus site:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-How-can-I-watch-the-Big-Brother-Live-Feeds

Huge change to live feeds Screen10

So that's a big no for me. If I can't go back to see discussions in full context, what is the point of having the feeds? To just happen to be watching when something blows up? Normally I get the feeds for the live HoH comps but I'm not sure if that will happen either, more and more they don't even show the comps on the feeds except maybe twice.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 1:05 pm

IT's funny watching the way people react to the change to the feeds.  A huge majority of the people think it's all about avoiding HG's being controversial and racist.  Here is a perfect example of one of those idiots

Now first off, what Makensy did here is NOT racist, if anything she's impersonating Cedric and he is right there to see it.  Not to mention, the is no context from this clip to determine anything.  That is the part of no rewind that is going to suck.  Wehn someone calls something out as problematic, we can no longer ask what time and what camera to see it for ourselves.

Now, production could care less about the controversy, in fact, they welcome it.  It gets more people watching the show.  You know the whole thing about no such thing as bad press.  What it comes down to is money and how much it costs to archive the footage for people to be able to paly back.  Of course some of these idiots online have the solution to "just charge more", welll it's not that simple anymore as it's on a much bigger platform that is paramount plus and not it's own separate entity like it was when feeds first became a thing.  So cutting the feeds is a cost cutting measure for a single department of a much bigger thing.  Yes, they will lose some revenue due to people not getting feeds, but it's a small drop in the well compared to money that is being saved.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 4:32 pm

I absolutely HATE this change to the feeds. I haven't even went and watched them at all because there really is no point. The only reason I have the Paramount+ is because we changed our provider to a streaming service and I don't have DVR, but on Paramount I can go back and watch the episodes whenever I want on my TV instead of my computer. I watched premiere night live on CBS, but the other 2 episodes I watched on Paramount so I could watch without commercials, so much better for sure.

But like you said Ctown, this pretty much takes away any "fact checking" or certain events, especially when they depict it WRONG on the episode. It is just like BB to "fix" what isn't broken and leave the other problems that SHOULD be fixed for more transparency and legitimize the game are left as is. I even wonder if we will see any of the endurance comps on the feeds like we used to at this point.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 4:43 pm

It's funny how things evolve. The whole fact check thing reminds me of something I did years ago during BB12 on the old CBS message boards. I had posted a thread about how Enzo and Lane need to be kicked out of the game because they were in the backyard playing pool and when they saw squirrel in the yards, they started throwing the pool balls at the squirrel trying to hurt it. I provided no time, camera or anything, just what "I saw" Well of course people took it as fact and were going nuts aboiut it. After about an hour or two I posted that it was an experiment and I made the whole thing up and people need to watch for people making things up. Especially if they did not provide a time and camera for when the event supposedly happened. One user was really pissed off and told me that I have no credibility now and they will never believe a single thing I post. Talk about completely missing the point!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 5:09 pm

Without being able to flashback, some of the updaters on Twitter (I s ill refuse to call it X) have been doing a great job of putting up videos of some of the things that are going on.

If you want to check it out the accoutns to follow are:

@rbbq
@hamsterwatch
@BBLiveUpdaters
@BBFeedsFairy

And if you want to know when feeds come back after being down there is @Feeds_Bot. I use that account and turn notifications on every Saturday when the feeds go down for the veto comp so my phone gives me a buzz when they come back. It can also be used for things like ceremonies and what not. I don;t always have them on because then it gets annoying to get notifications when they come back after wakeup call or when it goes to fishies for a few minutes (not sure what the threshold is for the ot to tweet they are back)
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 9:57 pm

You are the best Ctown, always looking to help people find the information they want and need for sure. Most of the time when waiting on Saturday for a veto comp, I just leave the feeds up and running and go on about my day just looking at it here and there. If I'm not at home, I just check some of the websites that I usually read updates from to check on it. Like you, I hate adding ANY notifications on my phone because it always brings in a bunch of things that you really don't want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge change to live feeds   Huge change to live feeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Huge change to live feeds
Page 1 of 1