Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

7/31 Episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 10:48 pm

Well for once I got to see a couple of things on the episode that I actually wanted to see. First of all, I wanted to know what she said to Quinn about "that is the group" and what context. It seemed to me that she was pointing out a group that could be powerful, but whether she wanted them to work with them or against them was really clear and could have been edited that way. Now Quinn's response was DEFINITELY to screw up Angela's game, which was a REALLY stupid thing to do considering the information she has about him AND her volatile nature.

I was a little bit pissed that T'kor tried to make it seem like any white person can't make reference to a group of people if they happen to all be POC because it puts something on them that may not be intended. Ironically, she was trying to inch that part together out there and then becomes all offended and everything because it was insinuated. And once again, the race thing had NOTHING to do with it, but because she is white is meant something else. I am no fan of Angela, but she got a raw deal on that aspect of it and I know now why the feeds were down for so long after the veto was played and everything.

Angela had every right to call Quinn out, but to say that smartass remark to Lisa about wiping the smirk off her face was just stupid and made everyone else in the backyard know that she was pissed off and not just wanting to have a conversation with Quinn.

I would also like to know why they made a bigger reference to Tucker asking Makensy about her power than they did with Lisa. Was it to protect the asinine behavior he exhibited? And where was the part where Chelsie wanted the winner of the veto to name the replacement? All these things came into play and they didn't show anything so they could show Angela going around and cleaning up her mess and T'kor forgiving her.

And far as Tucker trying to back out of going on the block to put up Makensy, he wanted to do this AFTER Chelsie had made her rounds with others and told people the plan and they were safe. If she changed it last minute it is HER ASS up for noms next week.

I sure hope Lisa wins AI tomorrow night and Angela has a meltdown in a good way that gets her votes. She could easily tell Quinn that she is going to tell everyone about his power and that he has been lying all this time to all of them then turned his back on his final 2. Then tell everyone that Tucker has also been feeding her information (he has kind of), so it makes them both look untrustworthy, but Tucker is a better competitor than Angela.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 6:00 am

I went back and rewatched this episode because I missed a few minutes here and there (the dog insisted on squeaking his toys because I was watching TV). But there were a couple of things I forgot to comment on.

When Quinn was talking about revealing info to the others was two-fold, partly to give Quinn a head's up and partly to be "nefarious" by doing it is really ridiculous. What possible good would come of him poking Angela in that way knowing she has his secret about his power and their final 2? I don't believe for a minute that was a "plan" of any kind, he was just capitalizing on what happened when he was in there for a DR session.

Next, this Tucker crap is getting on my nerves. Why the hell doesn't anyone call him out on his bullshit ever? As far as I know he isn't really closely aligned with anyone, he just thinks he has people who will follow him. And how the hell would putting Makensy up on the block next to Angela and Lisa "flush" her power. The veto was played, so she can't use it at this point. Sure if she goes home, that gets rid of it. But I don't think it would take long for her to gather up a few votes by making deals for safety next week, right? Especially since Angela and Lisa are so disliked. And what happens if she wins the AI arena? Then she stays and her and Leah can easily come after Chelsie when she could easily end the week with nobody really coming after her.

I REALLY want Tucker to get a little shot of humiliation in some way, I just don't know how that would work right now. Maybe if he were to end up on the block next week, and Quinn and Makensy both decline to use any of their powers to help him.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 9:53 am

As soon as I saw the group of 4 talking and being compared to the cookout among them, I knew exactly what went down on Saturday and why the feeds were down for as long as they were. This is CBS trying to control the narrative of the entire thing.

The thing about it is that since the cookout formed several seasons back, this is now a legit thing to look for. And if you watch the discussion, so what if they don't have a "formal alliance" they agreed to watch each other's back. That's basically an alliance, the only thing missing is a name.

This was a group of four people that have been seen multiple times talking together, and T'kor was full of shit when she said they weren't talking game.

As for Quinn, I don't like the guy. He thinks he is this mastermind and talks about how smart he is with having so many alliances, then in the next DR he talks about too many alliances blowing people up. It's like he thinks he's the only one in the history of the game that will be able to pull it off. It's only gonna take a couple people comparing notes for him to be exposed. Especially after Angela blows up his game . I agree 100% that it was stupid of him to tell Angela about the power, but then to go and betray her on thinks is even dumber.

Sorry to burst your bubble on Tucker, but he was 100% correct in saying that MJ should have been nominated to flush the power. It doesn't matter that the veto was already played. The power is to be used at the veto CEREMONY, so if she had been an initial nom, she wouldn't have to use it right away, only if she didn't win veto. It could have been played after she was named as a replacement nom. Now we don't know the logistics of how she is to let the DR know when she wants to play it but I would think that she would have to tell them before the ceremony that if "any of the following are the replacement nom, I want to play it" Another thing Tucker was right about was that if Leah or MJ put her up next week, the house would keep her safe just for flushing out the power. Hell, if it were me, I'd say it right in the renom speech that I'm putting you up because I know you have the power and I want to flush it out. That alone gets the house on your side
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 4:34 pm

I really didn't think she could use the power if she was a replacement nominee only for people originally on the block, but I am not sure they were really that clear on that part. It would be the same as Quinn not taking over the HOH until AFTER noms are revealed at the ceremony. I believe he has to declare he is taking over before the noms are named. Like they are getting ready to start the ceremony and they are told they no longer have that right to do it.

Wait a minute, quick question on the Makensy thing. If she can use it at the ceremony on a replacement nominee, then how would America vote? That is done on Monday, but the episode is on Wednesday. There are too many moving parts if they allow it this way. If she can only use it on original nominees, then they can announce that she MIGHT use it and to vote now, giving a few days for votes to happen. Like I said, there are a lot of moving parts in this and they need to be more specific for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Nobody knows for sure how it would work. The speculation online is taht if it is used at the ceremony (she would be pulled into the DR before the ceremony to ask if she wants to use it and in what circumstance., such as, do you want to use it if Leah is the replacement) and then the HG's only know America will vote the replacement, the vote would start Wed after the show airs and go to Thurs morning, and the replacement would be named at the start of the Thursday show, which is bullshit because then the replacement has zero time to campaign
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 6:14 pm

That is why I think she can only use it for original noms and not a replacement nom. Otherwise, it is too crunched up with time. Once veto is played, then on Sunday's show they could give the voting information, let us vote for a couple of days, then announce to the house who the new one is to give them time to campaign, etc., and we would see the result of the vote on Wednesday night's show.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 8:58 pm

They would never start the vote on Sundays show. That would be tipping their hand that the power will end up being used. Not to mention, the Sunday show airs begore the veto ceremony. And I think MJ has stated that she has to use it at the nomination ceremony
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 10:26 pm

ctown28 wrote:
They would never start the vote on Sundays show.  That would be tipping their hand that the power will end up being used.  Not to mention, the Sunday show airs begore the veto ceremony.  And I think MJ has stated that she has to use it at the nomination ceremony

I get your point, but otherwise, there is no voting time and there is no campaigning time either. I think they could swing it, especially if Makensy is on the block herself because she would obviously use it. Maybe she has to tell them her intentions right after veto is played, which is on Saturday. That allows them to set up a DR session with her saying "if I don't win this veto, I WILL be using the power" and then they can start the vote. The same would be true if Leah was on the block too. This is already a crunch time, but it would be even worse if it involved using it on a renom which doesn't happen until Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7/31 Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/31 Episode   7/31 Episode Empty

Back to top Go down

7/31 Episode
Page 1 of 1