Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Angela - Quinn takeover HoH

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH Empty
PostSubject: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 10:22 pm

May as well start this thread now before I go to bed.  I will check in the morning to see who won immunity and will have their HoH taken over
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 8:01 am

So this was a pick the next one comp and they all picked on Angela, she was picked 5 times and beat them all. I think that's hysterical. Too bad Quinn is going to takeover her HoH, I was looking forward to seeing her get HoH itis again and forget about all the shit she's apologized for.

Her and Quinn did talk a bit and agreed that their feud has been fun
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:11 pm

Angela has been speculating that she has the renom power all morning and that the takeover will only be initial noms. There has not been any clarification yet but I would think Angela will ask when she finally gets in the DR. She asekd production to switch up the music in her HoH basket to include Morgan Wallen so she can gain favor with Mk, but production caught wind of that and switched it back. Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, yes, your HoH music selection should be given to them before the season ever starts, but if they let others switch up for whatever reason, they need to be consistent.

How awesome would it be if Angela does have renom power, then Tucker wins veto and she replaces him with Quinn and he goes home on the Deep Fake HoH? (I don;t think she does have the power but we'll see)
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:13 pm

It would be even better if he fucked it up and missed the deadline to use it!  finger
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:16 pm

I can't believe that Angela won, but I agree it is hysterical. Brooklyn apparently was particularly butt hurt because Angela picked her and it was back to back so she didn't think it was right. They had a one-on-one and Brooklyn started it by saying "why would you do that?" Angela said "why not go for the win in something I am good at?" Brooklyn then said "you picked me back to back." Angela said she wanted her out of there and she needed the HOH more than Brooklyn because she has no safety.

Brooklyn bitched to everyone that would listen that she was targeted by Angela and she can't believe she is safe now. She talked about Angela thinking that she would get to make the noms being so stupid, etc.

There was a bit of misinformation going around about the power Quinn has. Not sure who said it, but Tucker said that Quinn had been telling people the power lasts 6 weeks now instead of 4 and that is why Tucker doesn't believe that Quinn gets the renom as well. Quinn told Brooklyn that he gets both, he supposedly confirmed it. He also said he can play in the next HOH as well. Now I wonder if he has asked about that specifically. I know production will definitely make him correct the 6 week thing, but I can't believe they are going to let him play in the next HOH, that is a crock of shit. If that is the case the Angela should be able to play as well, right? They will do anything to protect this dumbass.

Oh, and Brooklyn asked Quinn if her F2 with him was the "real one" and he said it was. He said that Tucker is spreading it around that he has 6 F2's, but no all are correct.

I don't know if Brooklyn is a double agent for Quinn or the other way around, but she is playing a very dangerous game now with alliances all over the house and leaking information to various people. She obviously didn't learn anything from what happened to Quinn.

Quinn's noms will be Mak, Tucker and Rubina. He says he thinks Rubina is due for a win (against Mak and Tucker?). Anyway, T'kor brought up to Joe and Kimo a scenario "What if Mak wins veto and Tucker wins AI?" She said this is why the 3rd nom and/or replacement nom is very important.

Cedric volunteered to go up to battle against Tucker, not sure if he meant initial nom or replacement, but somehow that didn't really gain any traction so maybe he pulled that back.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:19 pm

ctown28 wrote:

It would be even better if he fucked it up and missed the deadline to use it!  finger

Someone should stand in the kitchen and give him the wrong time!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:32 pm

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about the misinformation since it is not common knowledge and is supposed to be a secret thing. That is why production has not stopped any misinformation. Now if Cam stepped up and said that Quinn is lying and Cam is the one with the power and it is a diamond POV, and production stepped in to correct it, then there would be a problem. Quinn's power is not confirmed by production so Quinn is free to make up anything he wants. I don't believe he has anything confirmed, but he will likely stop doing camera talks because he is pissed that America put him on the block (He keeps trying to joke that it was America Lopez with his AmericCory remarks)

Now he is not wrong that he can play in next week's HoH because past secret HoH's have played, they were just required to throw it. Now what would be interesting is if he does not throw it the way production tells him to and ends up winning. What could production do about that? I would think there are some serious repercussions that they are told would happen if they did not follow through and it could be as severe as disqualification
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:34 pm

And now taht I think of it, Angela will not be able to get confirmation about who has renom power until after the initial nomination ceremony. I still want to see how they are going to pull this deep fake thing off. When initially explained Ainsley mentioned they would be using the real HoH's voice
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:45 pm

Could this be a sign that Quinn is lying about having him do the renoms confirmed and the truth is he does not do the renoms? Think about it. He is going to put up Tucker, Mak and Rubina. Leah is the only person left outside of the Collective, even though she has final 2 with him. (Is she dumb enough to truly believe he is true with her even though she know of all his other deals?). So if one of the noms wins veto and comes down, if he has to do renoms as well, he has to either put her up or one of the collective. Now I know Cedric had volunteered to go up and do battle with Tucker, but was he sincere? Not to mention that Quinn told Cedric that he would never do that because Cedric kept him(Quinn) safe when Tucker wanted to take him out. And to add to this, if I am in the Collective, or even the Pentagon, I would strongly be questioning Quinn if he didn't put up the one remaining person outside of the alliance
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 3:48 pm

Well I was wrong about Quinn being mad and not doing camera talks anymore, he is still doing them. He says he will NOT put Leah up because it doesn't benefit him right now. This camera talk comes right after he told her that she is the only final 2 he is honoring and would never put her up. Gee I wonder how he come up with putting her up doesn't benefit him.

Here's a thing that I noticed about Quinn. He is trying to be the villain the season and is going over the top trying to play it off like a bad guy professional wrestler and he is failing miserably at it. He's more of a cartoon villain than anything
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 4:42 pm

Apparently there was a blow up between Quinn and Tucker, but the feeds kept switching away from it. Feedsters are having a fit online about it!

Oh, and wtf is with Quinn getting dressed up to do one on ones for his deep fake HoH? This is the HoH that is supposed to be secret, how would he dress for an HoH that he actually won the HoH comp for?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 4:45 pm

It looks like Quinn has made his takeover noms, he did go with Cedric as a pawn, not sure how it got back to that, so it will be Tucker, Mak and Cedric. Maybe he did that thinking he wouldn't it's so he can keep his word to Leah and not nominate her. Now I hope that Rubina wins veto and takes Tucker down. Problem there is that Rubina is proving to be the most useless HG of the season so far
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 5:57 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about the misinformation since it is not common knowledge and is supposed to be a secret thing.  That is why production has not stopped any misinformation.  Now if Cam stepped up and said that Quinn is lying and Cam is the one with the power and it is a diamond POV, and production stepped in to correct it, then there would be a problem.  Quinn's power is not confirmed by production so Quinn is free to make up anything he wants.  I don't believe he has anything confirmed, but he will likely stop doing camera talks because he is pissed that America put him on the block (He keeps trying to joke that it was America Lopez with his AmericCory remarks)

Now he is not wrong that he can play in next week's HoH because past secret HoH's have played, they were just required to throw it.  Now what would be interesting is if he does not throw it the way production tells him to and ends up winning.  What could production do about that?  I would think there are some serious repercussions that they are told would happen if they did not follow through and it could be as severe as disqualification

Actually production will NOT allow Quinn to lie about the power because it is HIS power.  If he lies about it, they will make him go back to that person and clarify it.  The rule that you can't use production as a strategy comes into play.  I know they are still doing this because Mak was confused about her own power and told someone that America could choose ANYONE in the house except her and that was BEFORE she actually used it.  This is what led Tucker to think she was lying because she had to go clean up her comments about it more than once.  The only thing a power holder can lie about is whether or not they have the power, not what it does.

So, if Quinn is lying about anything, they will make him go to that person and clarify it.  The 6 week thing apparently came from Angela and it is just misremembering the timing.  But if he was not going to be able to play in the next HOH, he couldn't tell people otherwise.  Claire's was different because she kept it secret. Quinn apparently confirmed that he gets to do the renom too if one is necessary.  But Angela gets to play in the veto instead of Quinn playing.  

I still think Quinn should not be eligible to play in the next HOH since he is making the noms and the replacement.  But, if that is what they choose, they had better let Angela play in the HOH too.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 6:20 pm

Rubina is also trying to "prove" to others in the house that she can separate game from personal and won't put a showmance above her game, (we've heard it a million times before), so I don't think she will try to hard to win the veto.

Chelsie has been STRONGLY dropping hints on Mak that she shouldn't try to win the veto and use it because she is safe and wouldn't want to upset anyone else. Well I don't think she is going to fall for that since she didn't fall for it last week with her own power.

If Quinn wants to be taken seriously about being a villain, why was he almost in tears yelling at the camera that he is not a cheater? Why would he care what Tucker or others say about him?

Brooklyn and Leah both asked Quinn if their F2 with him was the real one and he told them both it was. When he talked with Cedric he told him that he would never try to make a F2 with Cedric because Cedric is too close to Cam and Chelsie and then told Cedric he will eventually have to come after him, but not for a long time. Not sure why he would even say anything about that.

If Angela gets to make the renom, I hope Mak wins it and takes herself down, then Angela can put up Quinn. If he is not considered an HOH (saying he can play in the next HOH comp), then he should be fair game to put on the block. If Quinn is not an option, she should put up Brooklyn who will shit her pants for sure.

If Quinn makes the renom, I still hope Mak wins it and uses it on herself and Quin has to determine what to do. Leah has not won anything, so he could say he HAS to make sure Tucker is gone and maybe put up Cedric? Then Tucker wins the AI and one of the key players from Quinns 2 main alliances would be out of the house on his HOH!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 6:32 pm

Okay, the noms have not actually happened. I just listened to Brooklyn and Angela talking about "what is going to happen." Brooklyn said she knows that Tucker and Mak are going up, but nothing else. Angela then said that Quinn told her that she doesn't have to do ANYTHING at all. So, apparently she doesn't have to make her noms now? This is what I hate, when we don't know what is going on or the rules of things because then they can make it up as they go along.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 8:40 pm

chap5788 wrote:
 Claire's was different because she kept it secret.

Why does it matter if it were kept secret or not? They both had the option to keep it secret or to tell. IF telling people meant you could paly the following week, everyone would tell. I don't even remember but I think some people knew Claire took it over.

Also last season Jag was anonymous HoH, kept it secret and then was allowed to play even though it was secret and he got back to back HoH's. They change the rules to fir what they want
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 9:21 pm

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 10:47 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
 Claire's was different because she kept it secret.

Why does it matter if it were kept secret or not?  They both had the option to keep it secret or to tell.  IF telling people meant you could paly the following week, everyone would tell.  I don't even remember but I think some people knew Claire took it over.

Also last season Jag was anonymous HoH, kept it secret and then was allowed to play even though it was secret and he got back to back HoH's.  They change the rules to fir what they want

The difference being that production had to try to "keep the secret" in Claire's position because SHE did not publicize it. In this case, it was publicized by others, but the Quinn ran with it, telling everyone in a public forum he had it and what is does, etc. Everyone KNOWS it is him. With Claire also, they didn't advertise it that she had to throw the comp, she was just told she had to do it.

I don't remember the Jag one as clearly, but didn't someone take over his HOH and that is why he was able to play again? I could go look it up, but I'm lazy. If that was the case, he should have been able to play for HOH again.

And yes, I agree that they change shit up all the time, but when someone takes over EVERY aspect of the HOH except for the room and playing in the veto it doesn't make sense that he gets to play in the next HOH.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 11:08 pm

IT doesn't matter who makes it known, they all have something in common, the can keep it to themselves or tell people. Not like when things had to be kept secret like coup de tat or diamond pov.

If keeping it secret or not keeping it secret has consequences, that needs to be known. You can look back and say well Clair kept it secret so she can't be HoH but Quinn has a big mouth so lets let him play again for it.

I only briefly looked up Jag from last year and it was a week where whoever won HoH would be anonymous. I can't remember if he told or not, he probably did.

But you were spot on in an earlier post that there is so much ambiguity here that can just make up the rules as they see how it develops. And the thing that's funny is our reaction to it will either be anger if it fucks someone we want to stay, or "good, fuck that asshole" if it fucks someone, we want gone!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 11:35 pm

The revealing in and of itself is not what makes them eligible to be HOH the next week. Claire played in the HOH and had to throw it, but that was only to cover for her being that secret HOH. Otherwise if they told her to sit out, then everyone would know it was her and production is not the one to choose whether to publicize the thing or not.

What makes them eligible or ineligible is the fact that their HOH was stolen from them and they get all the penalty and none of the reward in that they can't evict who they want (or have a hand it who is up there) and then they can't play for safety and power the following week.

In Jag's case, if the HOH was completely secret for ANYONE who was in that position, I see that as a different thing. Anyone who won that "secret" HOH would have the same opportunity.

As far as being biased about what is fair or not, I think you and I are realists and even when someone we like gets something taken away or someone we hate picks up something, we can see that certain rules are there for a reason. When they are vague and a player and/or viewer can't be secure in knowing the rules will be done with at least a LITTLE BIT of uniformity, it hurts the integrity of the game, which of course is nothing new.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 11:46 pm

chap5788 wrote:
The revealing in and of itself is not what makes them eligible to be HOH the next week.  Claire played in the HOH and had to throw it, but that was only to cover for her being that secret HOH.  Otherwise if they told her to sit out, then everyone would know it was her and production is not the one to choose whether to publicize the thing or not.

And production didn't choose if Quinn publicizes this or not. Yes, everyone knows it's Quinn, but, and this is a huge but, the official stance is Angela is HoH. Production needs to be unbiased and go with the original intent. To say that Quinn can play because everyone knows it was him is just dumb. That saying if he kept it secret, he couldn't play because they have to protect the secret.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 11:54 pm

Okay, once again, I am not saying that he shouldn't be able to play because people KNOW it is him. I am saying he shouldn't be able to play for HOH REGARDLESS of whether people know or not. He has the power of the noms, etc., so shouldn't get 2 weeks in a row of that. If nobody knew it was Quinn, then Quinn would have to throw the next HOH the same as Claire did. But, since EVERYONE knows, then he should just be withheld from the competition.

By the same token, all of Angela's power is ripped away from her, so she should be able to play for HOH next week and that would be the same whether people knew it was Quinn who took it over or not.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 12:00 am

chap5788 wrote:
Okay, once again, I am not saying that he shouldn't be able to play because people KNOW it is him.  I am saying he shouldn't be able to play for HOH REGARDLESS of whether people know or not.  He has the power of the noms, etc., so shouldn't get 2 weeks in a row of that.  If nobody knew it was Quinn, then Quinn would have to throw the next HOH the same as Claire did.  But, since EVERYONE knows, then he should just be withheld from the competition.

OK, I apologize, I thought you were trying to give examples of why he should be able to play and win. But lets face it, after what we just saw this past week on the broadcast show, we should be prepared for CBS to edit it with everyone being suprised and the whole thing being secret

Who knows what the hell they will do.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 12:11 am

In your defense, I am not always clear I am not always clear in my ramblings, so I think it might be a 2-way street. I love our debates and wouldn't change a thing about it, especially since I am right MOST of the time! neener neener neener
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 1:42 am

I read a couple of conversations about tiebreakers and it got me thinking that this also needs to be addressed by BB.

If it was a normal AI week, like the first 3, after the AI comp there would be 2 nominees which results in 10 votes, so a tiebreaker could come into play. However, I wonder if Quinn gets to vote? He is the HOH, made the noms and will name the replacement, so would they let him vote as well? If he doesn't get to vote, just as Angela doesn't get to vote then a tiebreaker is not a possibility. However, if he does vote and a tiebreaker would happen, who gets the tiebreaker, Angela or Quinn? This is a very important detail for sure.

Cedric is also asking Quinn if he should use the veto on himself if he wins it or if he should just stay up there so him and Tucker can "settle it on the court" (meaning the AI arena. Quinn's answer was only if Cedric felt comfortable with that. Cedric better remember that he won an HOH where there was no pressure involved (Quinn was in the lead at the time) and it was something right up Cedric's alley. Maybe he was just testing Quinn or something, but he was one of the people that said Mak was dumb for using her power because there was no way she was going home.

And by the way, they didn't do have-nots again this week (second one in a row) and it is very early in the season for them to do that. Do you think there is ANY chance they did that to give Quinn his "meeting room/board room" crap for his one-on-ones?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angela - Quinn takeover HoH   Angela - Quinn takeover  HoH Empty

Back to top Go down

Angela - Quinn takeover HoH
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next