Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 8/06 episode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Sunday 8/06 episode Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:15 am

Before I check any of the other spoilers as far as the veto and such, I wanted to weigh in on tonight's episode without that knowledge since that is how I wanted it.

First of all, Izzy is a moron. Grabbing Jared immediately upon entering the house and seeing Cirie was probably one of the dumbest things I have every seen.. Knowledge is power in that house, so keeping it to herself to see how things shake out a bit would have been the way to play it. And Jared looked like a deer in the headlights as soon as she said anything. He should have been at least a LITTLE bit prepared for someone asking that question at some point.

Returning Cory to the house without any apparent questions about where he was or what he was doing while gone was a bit weird. I guess it is possible there were conversations in the house at the time or since about this that just didn't make the episode, but it seems to me this should have been a really big topic of conversation trying to see if he got any powers or anything like that while he was gone, so people ought to at least ask or speculate about it.

I could see Kirsten getting herself into trouble right away. She acted like veto had already been played, she was on the block with 1 foot out of the house the way she was moving around the house. I did find it interesting that Jared saw her coming a mile away, but Cirie and Felicia didn't without his help. Cirie was pretty good at reading people on survivor or at least seeing problems pretty quickly, but not here. When she started to talk to Jared, it sounded to me like she thought this was going to be someone to work with, but he jumped right up and told her why that was NOT what they should do. She was shocked. Then she talked with Felicia about the same thing, so it was easy to see she was going to be in trouble. And then when she wasn't removed from the block, she said she felt betrayed? She was making deals all over the house, but Reilly was supposed to honor that deal with her? She's is coming off very entitled for sure.

I still don't understand why so many people didn't want this HOH. This would be an easy one for sure because you are saving 2 people. Sure 2 people are pissed you didn't take them down, but you also didn't put them up there in the first place. I was really happy that they kept people out of the room who had not yet competed because it evens the playing field just a bit, but you also had the noms in there to keep it all on the up and up as well. It would be nice to see these kinds of checks and balances somehow incorporated in the other comps this season, but that would be asking too much I guess.

Jared also made yet ANOTHER screw up while talking to Reilly, even if she doesn't realize it yet. When he talked to her about Kirsten he told her (Reilly) that he would protect her and had the backing of Cirie and Felicia in that that equation also. When you start promising things of other people, that puts you in a group and that adds a target to your back. He is another one that needs to slow down just a bit. You can't build everything in the first couple of days.

The hillbilly/cowboy thing is going to get old really, really quick, so I hope that goes away a bit quickly once the game gets going, otherwise one of them have to go.

Now, just for shits and giggles, I want Kirsten to win veto and see what happens with replacement and such.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 9:41 am

The whole netherworld on the episode was stupid. WE have no idea how long he was there, what he was told, or anything. By the time the feeds came on, he was already back and nothing was ever said about it. Do you mean to tell me, they couldn't come up with a segment where he was actually in the netherworld or are they that hurt by the writers strike? Now we just knoe the netherworld thing will come back into play but I have a feeling this part of the twist will fizzle out just like everything else (unless it's to save Cirie)

I was very surprised Izzy didn't get more DR sessions since she can't seem to shut up in the house. She is definitely the one playing too hard too fast and will be her downfall. And we already know that she can't keep things to herself since she lasted all of 30 seconds to let Jad know he was onto him and Cirie.

The whole Cirie thing drives me absolutely crazy. Why is it that they all know who she is and what she has done on Survivor, yet Cody is the only one even talking about it in DR with how big of a threat she is? She should be target #1, with or without Jared just because they should all know how she can manipulate people. And this is where Izzy is a complete moron. OK, she figured it out, I would be telling each and every other HG about it. Why would you team up with them when you know full well that neither of them will take you to the final chairs? All they will do is use her untiul she's no longer useful.

I haven't paid much attention to feeds or alliances thus far as it's still way to early, always need a few weeks to get into things and let some of the pieces fall into place
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 10:30 pm

I think they missed out on a way to use that netherworld thing by not making SOMETHING happen to him while he was there (even if it was something really stupid), because using it in the future (like you said to save Cirie or Jared) it doesn't seem as legitimate as it could have. And the fact that we saw NOTHING about anyone even asking him about it made even dumber.]

I hate any twists in the game that are designed to give an advantage to a single hg. If there are advantages, they should be up for grabs for ANYONE in the house to use them, whether it is part of a competition or figuring out clues in the house or whatever. I understand when they have veteran BB players who are outnumbered by the other side getting a little something at the beginning to get their foothold, but not something that could potentially run for the entire game.

Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
KeenLizzy

Female Posts : 2332

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 9:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:

And this is where Izzy is a complete moron.  OK, she figured it out, I would be telling each and every other HG about it.  Why would you team up with them when you know full well that neither of them will take you to the final chairs?  All they will do is use her untiul she's no longer useful.

I haven't paid much attention to feeds or alliances thus far as it's still way to early, always need a few weeks to get into things and let some of the pieces fall into place

Hi ctown and Chap Hi Thought I'd 'drop in' and read your thoughts on this new season of BB! Believe it or not but I've been watching feeds and reading updates! I'm fully invested this season TeeHee At least for now...

Anyway, just wanted to comment about Izzy. She is SUPER messy. She's like a mix of Andy (like ctown mentioned), and also S24 Brittany. With all her conspiracy theories and spiraling.

But how she fangirls over Cirie, totally reminds me of Shelley with Jeff & Jordan. Remember she was their biggest fan? And protected them to no end. Until she cut Jeff, and havoc ensued. SO, maybe Izzy will do something crazy. Since she is a bit nuts. As much as she irks the crap out of me, I don't want to see her go just yet, because she's cray-cray! And brings the messy. But yeah, she is SUPER annoying. I sometimes have to switch cameras when she's talking.

Have fun watching!! Clapping Hands
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 9:53 am

Greetings Lizzy,

I agree 100% about Izzy. While she's annoying as hell and I really can't stand her, I need to see at least 1 Izzy HoH before she goes. I think she'll give Frenchie a run for his money for messiest HoH ever!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 3:00 am

Glad to see you Lizzy! Seems like we have kind of switched roles here with you watching the feeds and me just reading updates here and there. I think things will calm down for me in the next week or so and I will be able to invest some time in the feeds, but for now I will rely on you guys to keep me up-to-date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/06 episode   Sunday 8/06 episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 8/06 episode
Page 1 of 1