Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 8/20 episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Sunday 8/20 episode Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 8/20 episode   Sunday 8/20 episode EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 10:44 pm

Not really much to this episode. The comp was a recycled comp that is played every year. I did like the twist of having a sliming thing for the HOH (and now we understand why Jag was given the chicken suit following his veto win) because anyone who wins something this week gets a punishment as well.

At least they showed a little bit of Hisam and his arrogance, but not nearly enough to express how much of an asshole he really is for sure. Interesting how he showed a lot of compassion for Cameron losing Reilly, but not so much for Matt.

I do wish they would have showed Jag's "big lie" that he told about the eviction vote that put him on the shit list with Felicia, Izzy and Cirie, but it sounds like he tried to trick people into thinking they had the votes so they would go the other way.

I am glad for Felicia getting the win, even if it was a crapshoot because often players like her don't get to taste any success in the house like that. I just hope this flip flopping bullshit happening will be completely over and Hisam will go on the block. I do feel like it is a bit more likely since the announcer said it as part of the ending narrative tonight (they don't usually get that specific before the action of putting up a backdoor target actually happens), but it wouldn't be the first time that production missed the mark for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/20 episode   Sunday 8/20 episode EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:12 am

I thought this episode was complete garbage. First off, that comp should have been on the live eviction show, but no, they need content to air on Sundays, which makes no gad damn sense with so much going on in the house. How is it that the live feeders know nothing about that punishment aspect of it until the Sunday show airs? Isn't that supposed to be one of the benefits of having the feeds? I get not seeing the actual punishment, but not knowing it existed rubbed me the wrong way. It explains why the feeds cut so much this year. Those no way the HG's just didn't talk about the punishments at all. Like I said last season, I think the feeds are on borrowed time and we are seeing more of it this year with them being phased out. Don't be surprised if the HoH comp this week isn't on the feeds. People will have a fir and not lke it, but I can see it happening.

The DR's between Cirie and Jared are just ridiculous, first she doesn't want to win HoH because he will make the target she has even bigger and get blood on her hands. She has the target regardless and everyone knows she's pulling the strings. Of course she's just saying what she is told to say. Then you have Jared, who has no reason to need an HoH but says he is gunning for it because he wats that room (Let's face it, there's no gunning for HoH in a crap shooti) Jared is the kind of guy that whyn he has kids, he will not let them win at games like Candyland and Chutes & Laddrs and blame it on his "competitive nature"

And of course BB wants to shove a shomance down our throats with Blue and Jared, thankfully they didn't spend too much time on it.

But another part that pissed me off, was they wasted so much time recapping the HoH comp, they spent very little time showing Felicia's discussions regarding her noms. We saw very little of the talks she had with the noms and more of her and Cirie plotting Hisam's backdoor and seeing Hism telling us how comfortable he is in the house.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/20 episode   Sunday 8/20 episode EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 7:16 pm

I did hear them talking about the punishments right after the HOH comp and I thought it was weird that it involved Felicia since she was HOH, but I really didn't pay much attention.

Something I have noticed about the updates from various sites (I look at Morty's, hamersterwatch and jokers) for timelines to find conversations I want to hear, but there is A LOT being left out of those this season. Maybe people are just busy, but there I have been findings information that I think should be part of the updates on those sites just by accident when looking for something else.

I do agree that it would have been nice to see more of the one-on-ones, but I think since they were trying to make it look like she was keeping it secret they couldn't show too many of them because she told EVERYONE in the house! Once again their own narrative was more important than showing the events in the house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/20 episode   Sunday 8/20 episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 8/20 episode
Page 1 of 1