Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 8/13 episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Sunday 8/13 episode Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 8/13 episode   Sunday 8/13 episode EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 2:38 am

First of all, I thought the comp was really cool and something new and different. Obviously there was a teleprompter for them to read (maybe there mostly for Matt) but it is a good thing because the voice to understand was terrible.

I really thought Jared was full of himself when talking to Cameron earlier about how he helped Hisam through the comp, but it looked like he was telling the truth. Now I have to talk about these people who threw the damn comp. Everyone knew going into this week the house was split and whichever side lost the HOH would lose a number, so why the hell did Cory and America both choose to throw the comp? I think either of them had a good chance. Sure both of them are being courted by the older side of the house, but they are on the bottom no matter what so why not solidify your spot and make some deals for safety with those outside your group moving forward? It just made no sense to me.

And Jared really thought he had the HOH and was completely overjoyed about it. He was celebrating before the winner was announced and everything. Hisam had no idea what the clues were he just merely walked up to the open door so he was thinking he lost seeing Jared celebrating. So did he every stop and think what the hell he was going to do if he really DID win it? He is supposedly part of both sides of the house so what was he going to do? And they show Cirie at first saying she was hoping that Jared would pull it out after she was eliminated. It wasn't until later that she figured out it was a blessing he didn't win it.

When they showed Hisam confront Riley through a flashback clip, it made it seem like he just kind of threw the question out there and she suddenly caved and confirmed it. But from listening to him talk to other people this week and listening to Jared talking and such, it was my understanding that he was told about the 8 person alliance by Cirie (we know this one because it was a segment in the last episode) and then he was told about these conversations of Reilly naming Hisam and supposedly Izzy by someone in the 8 (I assume it was Jared or through him in some way). So I believe what happened there is that he told her he had proof from people and THAT is when she caved and told him she saw him as the strongest person on that side of the house. I guess it doesn't matter, but there is so much being manipulated in these episodes (which ALWAYS pisses me off) I had to bring it up.

Now something I am completely confused about is when did Jared actually jump ship to join the other side and officially work directly with Hisam. Hearing him talking to Cameron and to Cory he made it sound like it was a deal made last week and then he helped him in the HOH comp, so that seems to check out. But then they show him talking to Hisam about the nether regions and they act like they know nothing about it. And of course if Jared had an ounce of integrity he would have told Hisam right then that he HAS to send Reilly because he gave her his word last week that he would return a save to her as soon as possible for it. Hisam is supposedly all about integrity, so what the hell could he say? And if he had put up Jared, he would have lost EVERYONE he can count on right now. None of that makes any sense at all.

Oh and another lie that Jared has been caught in is that he tried to tell Hisam that he sent Jag instead of someone from "THEIR" team because he didn't know if it would be a good thing or bad thing, but the card clearly stated it was for safety. I don't think Hisam noticed at the time, but this morning when talking to Felicia he made mention of it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/13 episode   Sunday 8/13 episode EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 am

The comp wasn't bad for a new idea instead of the same things being recycled year after year but the presentation of it was just stupid. I don't like the special fx they insist on throwing in there as if we are supposed to believe they're really being transported from place to place. We still don't know what the HG's do while they are in the nether region as it's not really shown. Is it like being a have not? isolation? For all we know, they're just being put into sequester. It was nice to see them on a different studio lot for the comp though. (BTW, as someone pointed out on Twitter last night, whoever named if the nether region needs to be fired immediately as the first thought people think of when they hear "nether region" is genitals. It should have been called the nether world) And "nether gorgon"??? Are you kidding me with this? The best they could come up with is a rip of of the monster in Stranger Things?

The comp itself, Jared is an idiot. Those clues were not hard to find and he just focused on the number 4. But if there is anyone in the house who should not be winning oH at this point, it's Jared. Who could he have put up without exposing himself?

Then Jared completely misplayed the whole safety thing. Hisam straight up told him not to use it on Cameron, Reilly or Matt as those were his targets, he just hasn't decided which of the three yet. Now he did stop short of telling Jared that he wll go up if he uses it on one of the those 3 but the implication was there. Now at least point what Jared SHOULD have done was flex a little and tell Hisam that he needs to save Reilly to make up for last week, and they could deal with her later. He needs to keep up appearances with that side of the house and at the end of the day, they are still knocking one of them out of the game. Hisam may not have liked it, but he would have understood. Now the other option he had is nowhere near as good, but still an option. That is DONT FUCKING LIE to Reilly and tell her how he knows shes safe after Hisam specifically told her that shes one of his targets. Tell her that he needs to be careful because Hisam implied (implied is a very important part of this, don't put words in Hisam's mouth) that if he gives her safety, he is going up instead of her. He can then soften that be telling her that if he wins veto, he will 100% use it on her. He can then throw the veto and all is good. But no, this idiot took the option of none of the above so now he just looks like a complete fool.

The rest of the episode was hohum and not much of anything there. They spent way too much time on the HoH comp and I have a feeling with this multiverse bullshit we are going to see more shit like this where Thursday shows always take place in a different multiverse instead of us at least seeing the comp start live.

I'm also curious to see what the other consequences of going to the nether region are, it was mentioned that it's basically like Pandoras box where it can be good or bad, but since Jag, others have went and returned and we've heard of no consequence for any of them. That's one of the thing I don't like about this cast is there is no feed talker. We need someone in there that talks to the feeds giving updates on happenings throughout the game. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if CBS told them not to do that any longer as they are trying to phase out the feeds little by little. The fact that the feeds were down so long after veto just adds to that.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/13 episode   Sunday 8/13 episode EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 3:11 pm

About the only camera talker is Cory from time to time, but it is more about his place in the game, his doubts about his own abilities, his take on who is in the best position in the house and things like that. He did one last night and talked about Izzy knowing his brother (Zach Survivor 42) and wondered why they cast Survivor superfans on this season. I don't know if Cory already shared who his brother is or not, but it really isn't any big deal whether he did or didn't. But maybe this fueled Cameron's conspiracy about people being affiliated with "famous" people from reality TV or social networks or actual celebrities.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Jared is actually very lucky that he does have his mom in that house as a way to watch his back because he has made so many promises and spread himself all over the house that without someone watching other sides and such, he would be on the way out of the house.

I agree with you that there were so many better choices of how to handle the Reilly situation, but all he cared about was himself. I get it is an individual game, but has he thought about how others on that side of the house will look at him later in the game knowing he did Reilly dirty like that? There was no way he was going on the block and HE knows it. Jared using the stupid excuse that Hisam "played him" will at some point get back to Hisam. But Hisam keeps talking about integrity and telling (and yes I mean TELLING) his group how to act, who to align with, who are the next targets, but one thing he says over and over is not to make promises and break them. They are supposedly going to be the group with complete integrity and transparency going forward. You can say things like I will work with you, etc., but they are not going to make promises and break them ever, because that is the kind of player only Reilly is apparently.

I think this will come back to bite him. There is going to be a time when he needs a vote or he needs a veto to be used on him and when talking to someone, they could easily say "remember when you wouldn't take Reilly down because it would be bad for your game, this is the same situation." At least I HOPE this will happen.

I also could do without all the special effects and all of them looking like they are terrified of this monster. Just play the damn comps and move on.

Oh, one more thing, you mentioned that Jared jumped right on the number 4 clue, but both addresses had a 4 in them and that didn't make him stop and think? He also said he didn't even need the last clue, which is what did him in. But what about Hisam, he couldn't find ANY of the etchings at all? Gimme a break! I think he has been more lucky than good and Jared actually did carry him to the end of that comp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8/13 episode   Sunday 8/13 episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 8/13 episode
Page 1 of 1