Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Part 1 final hoh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Matt won part 1.

It was definitely an endurance comp and according to everyone it was freezing cold. They started at 11:00 pm BBT and ended around 3:00 am BBT. It sounds like Bowie was out first. Matt and Jag apparently talked during the comp or right afterward that they were lucky Blue wasn't there or she could have kept them out there even longer. Bowie later pointed out Blue might not have been able to handle the cold because it was A LOT worse than anything else they have done.

Jag told Bowie that they muffed their plan already (the 2 of them splitting the first 2 comps to ensure their final 2), but it still feels like the right decision and Bowie agreed. She told him she would have felt terrible if Jag had cut Matt yesterday.

Looking strictly at game, sure Felicia was the one to keep, but when you play a long game like this and your entire game is based on a certain premise, but you shit all over that as soon as you can, it discolors all the moves in my opinion. Now Jag cutting Matt or Matt cutting Jag in the final would be smart and expected. It is kind of an honor among thieves as they say.

Now wouldn't it be funny for Bowie to win part 2? Jag would be the one having to wonder and be nervous while waiting for the final part to come on finale night. For a big part of this game, Jag was a target of several people, but this would be a very different feeling for him. And then you wonder if Bowie would share any information with Matt about the discussions.

My guess is that Jag will be in one of the final 2 chairs regardless of who wins the final round, so he did well setting himself up there. I don't think he can beat Matt, but I am actually not sure if he can beat Bowie either when she shares they have been working together since week 6 and were loyal and stuck with each other. She had to win when she had to, stayed off the block the entire season and made it to the end. If she wins the final and takes Jag, I think he just might lose to her as well, especially with all the information Bowie downloaded to Felicia before she left about the things going on and how she will impact the jury with all of that could tip it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 7:46 pm

Yep, I saw that Matt won part 1. I do think it would be hysterical for Bowie to pull of part 2 and see Jag have to squirm. But this whole never touching the block thing can play against you just as easily. You were a nobody in the house and had no relationships so were just a fly on the wall, who knows how these idiots will vote for this thing
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 12:01 am

It will be interesting to see how Bowie reacts once part 2 is over and I mean whether she wins it or doesn't. I think if she wins it she will spend the next couple of days telling Jag she will keep her word to him, but will he continually say that to her? Will he start avoiding those hard conversations? If she loses, will Bowie campaign to Matt about him taking her to the final? She is a very different person and seems almost content having made it to the final 3. Of course she wants to win, but not to degree the others do.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 10:11 am

Bowi has played almost this entire game for a third place finish. If she somehow makes it to final 2, she'll consider it a bonus.

And Matt is very delusional, he seems to now be obsessed with Cory and America and thinks they are trying t osteal his and Reilly's showmance thunder. He even went as far to say that once tehy find out he got his HoH letter from Reilly, that will make Cory decide to propose to America live on finale night. First off, nobody cares about this fauxmance he has with Reilly outside of him and production, and Cory and America are both aware that it's not gonna last outside the house and is no big deal to either of them.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 3:13 pm

I have to disagree with you on this one. America will be very interested and a bit slighted by Matt and Reilly stealing any thunder that she feels is hers and Cory's on finale night. I don't see any proposal thing happening for sure, but she will feel slighted and so will Blue. America and Blue wanted to be the top showmance and once Jared was evicted Blue became obsessed with trying to be the last showmance member standing which is why she was sick that America would be kept in the house over her.

Matt is once again fixated on Cory and America being the enemy for specific situations, even though they are not true. He believes 100% that it was Cory and America who pulled out the rug from the "save Reilly" campaign and not Cirie. He also thinks that America is the one who messed up Reilly's Q-tip thing she left for him, even though America told him as recently as her last week in the house that it was Izzy who did it.

People were looking at Matt like he was crazy for having the feelings he has for Reilly and most of them thought it was a one-way street with her not feeling anything for him. Receiving that letter and the picture of her with his mom was validation of those feelings and it hit him like a ton of bricks. All his thoughts are wrapped up in seeing her on finale night.

Whether or not it lasts is something we will have to wait and see. I don't think Reilly is the type of girl who would seek out his family and make arrangements to meet them if she didn't have some real feelings for him. And the fact that his mother more than likely signed off on the letter being written by Reilly instead of her tells me his mom sees it as real, so that is definitely something.

Also there have been conversations between Jag and Matt (even Blue early on before she was fully involved with Jared) that the showmance that "everybody WANTED to see" (Jag's words) was stolen from everyone, so it is not a new conversation or statement by any means. It doesn't change the fact that Matt is once again the victim of his own tunnel vision, but I also think some of the things he says are not always meant in the literal sense. He was sitting with Bowie last night and making up commentary, pretending he was watching the HOH monitor about each hg and when he came to Cory and America he said "there they are together in the kitchen, not helping with anything just waiting to eat, they see a sink full of dishes and say nothing to do here and walk away to scheme." He did this about each person in the house for entertainment. Doesn't mean he didn't say it and mean it, but I don't think he actually expects Cory to propose to America, it was probably just said to make a point.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 3:41 pm

The thing with Matt is, he feels that his showmance is more important than the others because his is "more real" or some bullshit. I don't care how genuine anyone thinks their feelings are, feelings aren't always right. Maybe Matt and Reilly will work, but there's a strong chance it won'. They've known each other for 16 days and met on a reality show. Right now both of the other showmances have stronger ties based on just being in each others company longer, but still isn't a strong basis. Being isolated from the rest of the world is a huge circumstance and a reason why most of these showmances don't work out in the long run.

Personally, I'd like to see showmances be banned or at the very least tell them, hey, we no longer provide condoms so anything you do is at your own risk. I know there are some that will scream having rights to birth control and all that nonsense but when you go in the house there are things you give up. People have a basic right to news sources, they don't get that in the house. And birth control is not a medical necessity.

Here's an idea (and you thought my Kirsten wins in a reverse season was really out there), make smoking not allowed in the house any longer either (even outside) as cigarettes aren't a medical necessity either. Then cast a season of all smokers and the only way they can get cigarettes is in their HoH baskets and they will be very limited so nobody will want to share. And people get very irritable when going through nicotine withdrawal and that will just add to heightened drama in the house

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 4:18 pm

Wow, Ctown, tell us how you really feel. There have been showmances that have successfully lasted outside the house so why would you want to deprive people of that interaction? Whether people want to be close friends, showmances, enemies or whatever is all part of the social aspect of the game. Yes, being cut off from the world makes a difference and for some relationships they can't survive it. But one could also argue that spending 24/7 for 2-3 months with someone in a pressure cooker situation can also give you a very good foundation upon which to build.

This conversation made me think of Jessica and Cody. What Cody was going through in that house, he NEEDED someone to lean on, so making it a rule that you can't have a showmance would remove that from him. Also think about how this can sometimes show a person whether or not they can trust the other one and sometimes it shows they can't. Look at Taylor and Monte, that lasted about a day because her feelings were always with Joseph and now we hear they are just friends.

I'm not sure why you are so cynical when it comes to love and romance, but locking people up for 2 to 3 months things will happen, it is human nature and as long as it is 2 consenting adults, whether they are true to the feelings, or just lusting after someone, or using it for the game, that is THEIR choice and I don't see a reason to remove it. In fact, I enjoy watching a genuine romance. I don't know if that would have been true of Reilly and Matt, but I know he fell hard for her and they spent just about every night in the hammock or on the balcony alone together most of the time until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning for those 16 days. That is A LOT of time, much more than just dating someone for a couple of weeks, so who knows.

Speaking as a smoker for 40+ years of my life who just quit 2 years ago, your idea of a cast of smokers not allowed to smoke is just mean for the sake of being mean, so if that was your intention, I think you achieved it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm

It's not so much that I'm cynical, it's just not why I tune into the show. There are shows like the bachelor, love island etc for that type of thing. And Yes, I know that some showmances have made it outside the house, but it's a very small percentage of them, some of them have even formed after leaving the house so who knows. I just don't feel being in isolated atmosphere is such a good indicator. Yes, there's trust building, but there's a lot more temptation and distractions outside the house that come into play.

I came up with the smoking thing when I started on the not medically necessary thing because I know cigarettes are not medically necessary and some people would make that argument. As a 40+ year smoker myself who is only 18 weeks smoke free, I just thought it was something that would be funny to watch. I think if someone actually agreed to try that and weren't really ready to quit (I know about not being ready, I failed quitting more times than I could count), we'd see a lot of self evictions
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 5:52 pm

That's the point, it is NOT the focus of the show, it is a component of the show just like people being enemies, frenemies or just competitors. It all goes into it. Managing the relationships as well as the game can be hard to do, but for some it is helpful. I truly hated the fact that America was chasing Cory simply to check a box, but it turned out that she really did have feelings for him and I believe she actually fell for him. Not sure what that means on the outside, but if the feelings are real, I will be happy for them.

Jared and Blue on the other I believe was Jared lusting after her. He was more interested in her being under his thumb and controlling her while reaping the benefits of the physical part of it, than anything else. I think she ultimately had feelings for him too, but she also wanted it for the "prestige" of it all in my opinion. I think she has some true feelings for him, but all it would take would be her followers telling her that she was being owned by this guy and she would probably drop him. On his side, he still had the girlfriend on the outside of the house and even thought he would get an HOH letter from her. That is slimy and makes him a snake in my opinion. I actually hope he loses both Blue and the outside girlfriend or of course the possibility of a brand new one since he has been home.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 5:56 pm

Oh, and the smoking part of it, I know how hard it is and what you are going through. I have been done for 2 years and STILL have the urge from time to time. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.

18 weeks is impressive, stay strong and do what works for you because it is different for everyone. I used vaping to get myself off the cigarettes because the hand to mouth was the hardest for me after the initial nicotine withdrawal. I just slowly stepped down the nicotine to 0 and basically just walked away from it. My husband was able to quit cold turkey 3 different times, but this last time he used the vaping too.

I tried a lot of other things from patches to gum and none of that worked at all, so whatever method you have used, you made it 18 weeks so it must be the right one. Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 10:45 am

My quitting smoking journey is definitely not a normal one. The first thing is you have to really want to quit, if you don't, you will fail. It started at the beginning of the year when my Dr put me on Wellbutrin, nicotine lozenges and the patch. Well the patch didn't last long as it was giving me a bad skin reaction, then the Dr took me off the Wellbutrin because she was afraid of it also being a weight loss supplement. So needless to say, I started smoking again shortly after losing both those support steps.

I asked for something else and she then put me on Chantix, which surprised with a possible side effect being suicidal thoughts, but I assured her I would be monitoring that very closely and the first sign of any depression I'm stopping it. Didn't take long for me to realize that the depression wasn't possible because all I had to do was look at Vinnie and he makes me happy. I also reloaded on the patch and figured out a better way to deal with the skin irritation. Now here is where my journey differs from most, but it works for me. Tehy tell you to get rid of everything that has to do with smoking, ashtrays, cigarettes, lighters, etc. Nope! I still have a haf pack of cigarettes sitting in my office. I use them as a crutch for when urges hit. If I didn't have that crutch, I know I would go up the street and buy a pack of smokes and then quantify smoking one because I just went and bought them. With having them in the house, I outsmarted myself. When I get an urge and think about reaching for a smoke, I begin to argue with myself to not do it. By the time I'm done doing that, the urge has passed. I did also use a vape, but I only did that the first 3 weeks and stopped the lozenges after 3 weeks as I didn't want o become reliant on either of those. Did the full thing with the patch, finished that after 8 weeks and will be on Chantix until the beginning of December and then it's all me.

My Uncle gave me a great piece of advice. He told me that he hasn't had a cigarette in 20 years and he still gets the urges. And here's the thing about the urges, if you smoke a cigarette when you get the urge, the urge will go away, if you don't smoke a cigarette, the urge will still go away. So either way it goes away. The whole key is that this time I'm determined and it's going well
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 2:35 pm

There is absolutely no doubt that nobody can make someone quit, it has to be a decision you make for yourself or as you said, you WILL fail. I also think people need to fail a few times in order to find what works and to get it right.

I was surprised to find out that people who had quit 10 or 20 years ago still have urges for it. When I heard that before I quit, I thought that meant I would NEVER make it, but like you said if you give it, the urge goes away and if you don't give in it also goes away. The difference is one is failure and the other is success.

Congrats to both of us, because this is definitely a hard thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Part 1 final hoh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1 final hoh   Part 1 final hoh Empty

Back to top Go down

Part 1 final hoh
Page 1 of 1