Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finale and final thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 11660

Finale and final thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 2:09 am

I enjoyed the finale a little more than I thought I would. The jury made me laugh at times and such. I was glad that ultimately Jag stuck with Matt and I was glad that Matt made a game of it and took him to the tiebreaker and both of them were pretty close to the mark. It just made it a bit more fun to watch.

I actually thought that Matt would pull it out until I saw the jury segment and it was clear that some of them just didn't give Matt any credit at all for most the game even though they did work as a team with their decisions. Even the Cirie eviction being before Felicia wasn't as great for Matt, but 2 minutes into the discussion and he saw the logic in it. I think Jag pulled it out with his articulation of his game at the end where Matt just couldn't match it. He answered a couple of the questions okay, but not as commanding as Jag. I thought both their speeches were good, but Matt lost his train of thought and faltered at the end and Jag had his down from start to finish for sure.

Bowie was a complete class act the whole way through. Loyalty and integrity really did mean something to her and it is what drew her to these 2 guys in the first place. I just thought she handled it very well.

Now for the other stuff. I was glad Julie didn't spend a shitload of time on the Cirie/Jared secret. Showing the pre-jury people montage was a good way to show that part of it. I thought Julie was going to let Jared get away with having let the secret out, but Cirie actually looked pissed about him doing that (and anything that pisses HER off makes me happy).

When Cirie went up to vote and said "Cory told you all I am loyal to a fault, and that is why I am voting for the person I promised to vote for" instead of just owning it that she liked Matt more than Jag. She wasn't loyal to ANYONE in the game except Jared and Izzy, and she sure didn't fight too hard for either of them if I am being honest. So her delusions are still intact.

I thought Blue was slighted a bit on stage. Not that I really cared as far as not wanting to listen to her talk with all her influencer bullshit being on display, but I think she deserved a bit more air time than she received. I wanted Julie to go to her after Jared was outed and have her say "well, he told me Felicia was his mom at first, but I figured it out that it was Cirie instead and he admitted it to me."

I think Izzy was a bit slighted as well considering the large part of the game she played at the beginning and would have liked to have heard from her at least a comment or two. The other one was Red. I wanted to see what his take on Cam was at this point, did he see what happened and wants to be friends again? I really thought he would have apologized to Cam and maybe they did off camera. I couldn't DVR the episode, so I couldn't go back like I usually do to see who was hugging who at the end and stuff, but will look at it tomorrow.

What the hell was that comment from Mecole all about? She was asked what surprised her the most and she comes up with "Cameron was a hero instead of a villain" as her answer? In what universe? I don't think he was a scumbag or villain like Hisam would have been had he been there longer, but a hero? I guess she was glad he broke up the Cirie/Izzy/Jared thing but that would have benefitted her, so that one threw me for a loop.

I was happy to see Cam get the AFP prize and his reaction was really great. I wasn't much of a fan of him during the game, but I think if he could have tweaked his social game a bit, I could have supported him. But I am thankful for him having the balls to blow up the house and stop that bullshit that was happening up to that point.

Finally, I was so glad that Matt's dad was at the finale. He has been so worried about it. Also Bowie wasn't sure if her mom and dad would make it to the show or not, so I was glad to seem them as well.

Ctown, it has been great once again to debate the season with you, even though you are wrong most of the time! neener It is nice to be able come to a public forum (even though we are alone here most of the time) like this make comments and debate things, disagree with people and still have a great time doing it and not get personal and vicious like every other public forum or social media. This is the main reason I am not on social media in any way, shape or form, talking and/or debating with respect is a lost art unfortunately, but we have managed to keep it up for years and I do really appreciate you for that and for providing this site for me to come to every season to bitch, complain, celebrate and everything in between.

And to all those people who lurk, read and hang around from time to time, please jump in and post what you are thinking at any time! I would love to have those discussions with any of you and EVERYONE will ALWAYS be respected here.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 2:22 am

And btw Ctown, what do you make of the BB reindeer games? She said that Britney, Daniele and Frankie would be elves, but does that mean they won't be participating in this stuff? There will be 6 games, but does that mean nobody STAYS in the house, they just compete for that week? How are these "legendary players" chosen to compete? And who is the one standing on the stage tonight who will be participating and how the hell did they become "legendary" after this season?

If I had to guess who from this season would be doing I would have to say Cam, but if they have to be away from family for 6 weeks I don't see him doing that to his little girl over Christmas. Now if they just compete and then go home, I can see him jumping at the chance.

Thoughts? Information from sources? Made up conspiracy stuff?

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

PostSubject: Re: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 3:11 am

I guess if I would open my eyes before posting I would have seen answers to my questions above with the reindeer games. There was a statement on one of the update sites that I saw as I went to close them all up after the show.

Apparently nobody will be living in the house. There will be 10 people competing, 9 previous and one from BB25. The "elves" are not Frankie, Daniele and Britney (this is what happens when you don't have DVR and miss part of it because of the dog and relying on hubby to relay info), they are Jordan (seasons 11/13) Derek X (season 23) and Tiffany (season 23). They will be hosts instead of Julie.

Nobody will be living in the house. They will have 6 episodes with 3 comps per episode and a "Santa Showdown" that determine who "goes home" for that episode. There will be 4 remaining at the end of the game for the finale and the winner walks away with $100,000. They will be taping this in the next few weeks and it will premiere on December 11.

Based on this information I still think it would be Cameron who will be participating. The only other person who might do it is Bowie because she likes to compete, lives in LA and said the other night should would 100% do BB again.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 13649

PostSubject: Re: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 9:55 am

The finale was very lackluster for me, but that's likely because I thought it was a shit season overall. I still don't like the fact that someone that was evicted won the game, but I've come to the conclusion that whoever won this season was going to be a shitty winner regardless.

The jury roundtable to me was predictable as it usually is. So much of it is scripted, like how they just had to work in that Jag was evicted 10-0, they really wanted that pointed out heading into the final vote.

The part 2 of the comp was needlessly complicated, when the winner takes over an hour to complete it, it's too much. The conspiracy theorist in me had me thinking that production had to have given each of them help otherwise neither would have completed it.

Part 3 I thought was good. That comp should be something that is based on what actually happened in the house, and the tiebreaker made it something that was more than a guess. It should be minutes and not seconds the way they usually do, this makes it more than just a guessing game and they have to put some thought into it.

Once it got to jury questions I pretty much knew Jag was winning. Matt was a deer in the headlights and his whole game was "I saved Jag", "I told you what you wanted to hear" etc. The one answer that I was somewhat impressed with was when Jag was asked about how some felt it was cowardly to tell people they were staying then in the goodbye message claim responsibility. His answer of that when it got to goodbye messages, it was done and over with, before than it's just planned and the way the house can flip makes it too dangerous to do it beforehand. What was funny about the question and answer was when asked about the leader, Matt claimed teamwork and Jag threw his ass right under the bus

Speeches were "interesting", Both of them had to claim to be the first blind player/Sikh, which should carry no weight whatsoever and Matt was going well but couldn't complete his train of thought. I thought Jag's speech came across as very arrogant as if the season played out exactly the way he planned it and was the sole mastermind, to listen to him, you would think he had no help at all and just steamrolled the entire season.

None of the votes surprised me, I didn't pay much attention to any of the reveals as those normally bore the hell out of me. I wouldn't even mind if they went back to only the jury is on stage and not the pre-jurors. I jsut think there's no reason the finale needs to be stretched to 2 hours. It could easily be condensed to 1, especially if they start part 1 of the HoH on the final 3 eviction episode and show the results and part 2 on the recap show before the finale.

Reindeer games appears to be exactly what Spoilergirl said it would be. She did not get many things wrong this year but also had many less spoilers. Her pst record is why I will always take her with a grain of salt. I'll probably watch the new show for a few minutes and then turn it off. If Frankie is truly playing, I likely won't watch at all.

Thank you as well chap for joining me each season and thanks to our lurkers who enjoy watching me put you in your place each season when I prove to be right time and again! Not many people still use these old style message boards anymore so I guess that makes us some of the dinosaurs of the BB world, which is fine with me because I also prefer old school BB rather this shit we get now with people going on the show jsut for followers

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr J
BB Member
BB Member
Mr J

PostSubject: Re: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 2:08 am

An underwhelming winner for a season that was an improvement over the last 3 seasons. As much as Matt gets on my nerves he played the type of game that people strive to play in BB. He didn't need to win out, he was never in any danger (up until final 4). Jag was evicted 10-0 prejury and then needed to win out in everything. I admit, Matt fumbled the jury questions but I would have still voted for him. Especially after Jag's arrogant closing speech I wanted to barf.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finale and final thoughts   Finale and final thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Finale and final thoughts
Page 1 of 1