Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode 7/24

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 2:23 am

This kind of thread won't be as easy to comment on because we can't go back and look at certain conversations, but aside from the "fact-checking" or pushing back against the production narrative of a particular situation, I still wanted to comment on what I saw on the episode anyway.

First and foremost, why the hell are people so stupid that they tell people about a power they have so quickly and for no real apparent reason? This is different later in the game (SOMETIMES), but in the first week or two, are you kidding me? Now you have Quinn with a final 2 and a secret divulged to the crazy lady in the HOH room right now who apparently believes you are part of some power play against her. Makensy has a "possible showmance" and a friend she barely knows who have her information. Since people are seeing them together how quickly before someone sells HER secret to the HOH of the week to keep themselves safe? What IDIOTS!!!

Now the complete and utter meltdown of Angela was something else. I thought it was a mistake for Matt to say some of the things he said in the HOH room to her, but he was saying it more in the hypothetical way while stating he didn't know which road to go down in response, the threatening way or charm, he just spent too much time spilling out the threatening part of it. But she DIDN'T put him on the block and that was HER choice at the time Now to come downstairs and unload like she did after stewing in her room to the next day, all pissed off because Matt didn't hug her and make this big presentation about it. Plus she put ANOTHER person (Makensy) in the crosshairs of people by singling her out as well for absolutely NO REASON. She is an absolute moron for sure.

I saw a few comments here and there before this episode that she had gone on an "apology tour" so not sure how much she has been able to clean up, but there is NO WAY anyone should EVER trust her.

I am glad that Makensy decided against using her power because that would have tied them together for the rest of the game. I hope Matt can win in the AI arena, but if that happens I think Kenny will be the sacrificial lamb and I don't want him to go just yet. Kimo can do because he does nothing for me, but he has made himself a number to a group in the house and that will probably save him.

Oh and it seems there was confusion about the new rules of the veto and I am actually glad that the HOH does get to play. There is still the possibility of people on the block choosing, so that's good too.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 8:54 am

No real surprises on the episode, but of course they had to get their showmance segment in.

I was irritated right at the start of the episode with Kimo's reaction to being on hte block. In his DR session he's crying and talking about growing up being the gay and overweight kid. WTF???? How does that have anything to do with being nominated? Is he trying to say that is the reason he's nommed? Did he expect to go the entire season not being up there? I think he better get used to it because I get the feeling he is going to be the professional pawn this season.

The fight was nothing that was unexpected. It's been found out the Angela is a reality TV junkie. She has been on Price is Right, Let's Make a Deal (I know those are game shows not reality) and was also on one of the Dr Phil shows. This has social media labeling her as a CBS plant because she keeps getting on these shows and she may have the protection armor that we've certainly no stranger to, but if she doesn't, she can very well be the next one to go. She seems to have the MO of do/say some crazy shit in the house, reflect for a bit, then go and apologize to everyone. She's done it several times. Just look at how she apologized to Matt before blowing up at him.

I also was happy to see that people were wrong and the HoH does get to play in veto. Teh only change is that the HoH picks all the chips and there is no HG choice, just if your name gets picked and you're already playing then you get to pick who plays. No big deal there but I'm sure social media will find some conspiracy theories in there.

I was disappointed to see a rehashed comp right off the bat. I know people like the spelling one and of course production has to fix things that aren't broken with the whole delete thing, which was stupid. I really don't see an advantage of eliminating a letter as you are hurting yourself with it as well. But I guess it's better than if they had "AI randomly eliminate letters" as that would 100% be production interference. Kimo's performance is what makes me think he's going to be the pawn of the season, why the hell would you put something with an E when you know E cannot be used. Angela was the worst for not even hitting her buzzer or even spelling a word. But the thing with Joseph was stupid. I may have just as easily mistaken that Z for an N, but looking back on it I can now see how it happened but it's still ridiculous, not that he was going to win with a 4 letter word
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 11:04 am

Oh yeah, one thing htey never talked about, unless I missed it on Sundays show, was how the house decided that Chelsie and Cedric were safe from noms because the twist was "unfair". I really hate that bullshit, there is nothing unfair about it, they all had the same opportunities. Yes it was a stupid twist but the mascot thing was their consequence. Old school BB players would have put both of them up in a heartbeat as it was the easy nominations
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 2:30 pm

Angela is not completely off base with the crazy eyes thing, but this is a good point, there is plenty of footage, but why doesn't production show what she's referring to:

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 7:00 pm

I wondered about that because they didn't show anyone even mentioning them in the episode. I also think it is ridiculous, because now if they have a downgrade each week everyone will be throwing the comps to "win" the downgrade in order to avoid being nominated. Wonder how long that would last?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Episode 7/24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 7/24   Episode 7/24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 7/24
Page 1 of 1