Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8/1 episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 10:16 pm

This may as well have been called the Tucker show.  Funny thing is that he doesn't come off in a very good light here, as he shouldn't.  I'm glad they showed his CIA claim bullshit and even started playing the spy music over it.

The fight between Lisa and Angela was hysterical.  Lisa would not have lasted much longer in that house if being called a twit sent her into a fetal position.  And we once again see the word bully being thrown around was too easily.  The funniest part was Lisa saying something along the lines of how magical and special she is.  The nshe even said "this is not a game"  Well then what the fuck is it?

And we are once again back to everyone voting the same way because of being afraid.  You could tell that Quinn, Mak, Kimo and Leah did not want to vote Lisa out but did what "the house wants".  Oh, did you notice Leah roll her eyes when tellingJulie how stunning she looked  I had to rewind to make sure I saw it right.  It was also hysterical seeing both Angel and Lisas reaction when the vote was revealed.  Lisa was pissed and you could tell she didn't want to hug anyone and you could see the discomfort of everyone involved.

Even in Lisas interview with Julie you could tell she was stunned and I really wanted to see Julie call Lisa out for her overuse of the word bully.

Of course we don't see the HoH play out again and I've come to accept that they are taking everything that sucked in BB Canada and adopted it (No HoH at end of show, live feeds cutting out more and no ability to rewind), but leave out the parts that were better, like the comps having much more variety and imagination.  The very last season of BB Canada before being cancelled was no feeds at all so be prepared for that, but I think that will kill the show because that's what keeps people interested, not the casuals.

One final note:  I can't be the only one that thinks Quinn looks like Weird Al Yankovics illegitimate love child:

8/1 episode Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZmVtSTS_FqFMAlAy7hmyOibIOzcUFUMXDEA&s    8/1 episode 9k=
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 10:45 pm

It still bugs me that they show things so much out of order. The last show and tonight's show was about him picking at Mak about having the power and such, then they show him going after Lisa for the "other power" but it was completely the opposite. It did make it look a little more plausible about his "investigative skills" showing it this way, so I guess that might have been their goal but kind of a wink and a nod that this guy is a joke. Then to top it off, Angela is TELLING Tucker that Quinn has the power and trying to leverage it, but he was telling her (even before other people came outside) that he didn't think that was the case. Why she didn't just tell him that Quinn TOLD her about the power, I don't know, but I thought it was hilarious that he DIDN'T believe the truth, but was completely SOLD on the lie with Lisa having a power.

Good on Kenney for refusing to follow the rest of the house and vote what he wanted and he didn't hide it either. He told Lisa he was the one who voted to keep her. Sure it could just mean he was out of the loop, but Mak and Leah tend to be protective of Kenney and I am sure they clued him in on the vote, he just stuck to his guns. And you know Angela will be confronting him about that and I am sure he will just tell her that he wanted her gone because she has painted a target on him from the first week and walk away from her.

I was laughing my ass off when Julie reminded the hg's about only having a couple minutes to campaign before announcing who won the AI arena and then again said that nobody left the room to campaign or anything like that. Like you said, they had hoped to have the element of a double eviction happening each week but these people just don't care about that, they have their minds made up. It makes Julie look very lame for sure.

The AI arena puzzle was pretty good. I want to go back and watch this again (don't have DVR anymore so have to watch on Paramount tomorrow), because I think the instructions were to turn the color dial FIRST to the correct position and then add the other pieces to it. I don't think Angela even turned the wheel at the beginning and I think Lisa just turned it a bit and moved on and laid the pieces on top instead of having them click into place. I think Tucker was the only who actually understood the instructions and made it easier for him. But did you notice it wasn't until he got down to the last piece and was SURE to win that he started saying he LOVES puzzles.

I had not thought about Quinn and Weird Al, but seeing the pics together like that really shows it! They could be brothers.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 8:07 am

Is it apparent to everyone EXCEPT production why they don't split into different rooms? There's not enough time. They come back from commercial, announce the final noms and then give them an entire minute. By the time you decide who to grab and get to the room, Julie will be calling you back. How about not having a commercial break after the comp, bring them right back in and announce winner, then go to commercial so you can give them a few minutes to do what they need to do. It's not rocket science to figure this out
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 11:52 am

chap5788 wrote:

The AI arena puzzle was pretty good.  I want to go back and watch this again (don't have DVR anymore so have to watch on Paramount tomorrow), because I think the instructions were to turn the color dial FIRST to the correct position and then add the other pieces to it.  I don't think Angela even turned the wheel at the beginning and I think Lisa just turned it a bit and moved on and laid the pieces on top instead of having them click into place.  I think Tucker was the only who actually understood the instructions and made it easier for him.  But did you notice it wasn't until he got down to the last piece and was SURE to win that he started saying he LOVES puzzles.  

The first part was basically meaningless and very easy to accomplish, it ws almost done for them. I thought the same at first with Angela because she immediately went for the pieces, but if you watch, she rotates the puzzle before starting to lay any pieces.

CBS really screwed up the camera coverage of this as well. They kept switching from palyer to player showing a head on view and a birds eye view of said player. What they should have done was just split the screen into thirds and show a birds-eye view of all 3 at the same time.

Part of me even thinks that the AI arena is NOT live and is pre-taped. but that's really not a big deal if it is considering it's live when they return to the house
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 5:02 pm

I don't think it is a time issue that keeps them from splitting into groups, I think they are too busy celebrating the winner of the AI arena and since it is exactly who they anticipated, then the vote is already said and done. It is going to take an upset in the arena for anything to happen, but even then I think they have their 1st and 2nd choice already set.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 5:40 pm

It was probably more of a time issue the first week as they weren't sure what to expect and they had even less time that first week. But now they know how it will go down so have the votes accounted for each scenario, and those remaining on the block have done all the campaigning that they can. Let's see how many more times Julie keeps pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8/1 episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/1 episode   8/1 episode Empty

Back to top Go down

8/1 episode
Page 1 of 1