Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

America's veto

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: America's veto   America's veto EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 3:46 pm

ok, I went back and rewatched when MJ was awarded the power.

The veto will be played at the end of the regular veto ceremony.  This means it can be done after an initial replacement nom is made.  This makes sense to me.  If MJ is an initial nom and wins veto, she would use the regular veto on herself instead of the secret one and keep it.  So maybe it does make sense to not put her up initially, I still would though.

Ainsley also told her that America will choose the replacement nom and the replacement nom would find out their fate live on eviction night.  So that clears up the way it would be handled, America would vote after the Wed show into Thursday morning.  This also means that from Monday when the ceremony takes place all the way up until eviction night, paranoia will run wild with who the replacement nom will be.

Now a funny thought.  Ainswly did not say America will "vote", she said America will choose.  Could this be a subtle way to let us know that this will be the person naming the replacement:
America's veto US25_America_Large
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 5:15 pm

Well FINALLY some information that makes sense. I was going to go back and watch, but never got around to it, so thanks for doing that.

Now for your conspiracy theory with America (the player). I actually LOVE this idea because she would choose someone who would shake shit up for sure. Probably the bestie of the current HOH when it happens. Yes, this would be a really good idea, so I am completely sure that it WON'T happen. Production is not that clever unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 2:19 pm

Wow. Talk about overthinking things. How could nither of them come up with it being framed as "Who do you want to see nominated for eviction"? The things they are talking about is how them on their fellow houseguests will interpret it
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 3:30 pm

They do this stupid pretend talk show or something on some nights and last night Chelsie was the host and asking everyone for 2 names as predictions of who would be the replacement nom. Everyone said various names for various reasons, but then it came to T'kor and she refused to answer. Chelsie tried to tell her she couldn't just pass, she had to answer like others, but she refused and walked away. She really acts like she is above all the rest of the cast in some way and I have about had it with her too. She needs to go before jury because she won't vote for gameplay, it will be gender first and then social. She thinks comp wins and making moves is the least important part of the game.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 3:11 am

So I have been watching and reading live feeds today and just being pissed that these people are actually THIS stupid about the game. Of course, they don't know who is going on the block, but most agree it will be Quinn and they they go off about not voting out the replacement because it isn't fair or Kenney has to go or whatever the situation. There are a few smatterings about his power, but then they say he is going to help them all out with that next week.

Oh sure, if you are on his good list, but otherwise you will get fucked if you win HOH other than the fact that you would have safety. That being said, I have been noticing a little bit of a shift here and there, and I am wondering if some of them are getting a bit smarter.

There were little comments here and there that give me a LITTLE bit of hope that this might not be so easy for Quinn (if he ends up on the block and doesn't win AI). For instance, there was a meeting with some of The Collective/Pentagon members all saying the replacement nominee is safe regardless. Either Kenney or Tucker are to be evicted. They end this meeting saying that it should be left up to Quinn and Cedric because they have the blood on their hands and will have some next week too. So, they not only want to keep a guy in the house who has lied to virtually everyone in the house on more than one occasion, even his closest allies, knowing he has a power to take away anyone's HOH from them, but they are going to allow him to be part of a 2-person group to decide who leaves this week AND next week as well?

But following that meeting, Chelsie and Brooklyn were talking about how much Quinn played them and had no remorse about it at all. Kenney leaving they believe only benefits the 2 of them, so they are okay with that, but not sure they want Tucker to go if he is still on the block cuz they might need him later.

Then later Chelsie was talking to Mak about where her and Leah stand on the eviction. Mak said they don't talk game anymore (they really don't much) because Leah is on the "underdog team" or trying to build one or something. Chelsie asked how Leah can feel like an underdog and Mak said she didn't understand most of it, but if anyone tries to talk about any of those people she will defend them to the hilt. They start talking about how dangerous Quinn actually is and will be taking the HOH away next week and have decided they need to talk to Tucker before bed tonight together.

Joe was talking to Leah and Leah "let it slip" (I think it was on purpose) that Quinn asked her if she like him better than Joe and Joe seems very pissed about that. He didn't like that he would ask a question like that of her. Then he proceeded to tell Leah that he trusts Quinn to a certain extent, but they have to face the fact he has a power and has been lying to almost everyone.

Rubina also had a talk with Leah and Mak about her "feelings" for Tucker and having to fight through those and do what people want her to in the game, etc. While they were talking Tucker came in and I believe she let him know how she feels to a certain extent and said she didn't want to look for a showmance and he said he didn't either, etc. But will she fight for him when push comes to shove?

So now I wonder if all this group, holding hands with flowers and rainbows is because nobody knows WHO might end up on the block, so with an agreement from the house that they won't be voted out is a comfort. But, if it turns out to be Quinn, then maybe it will be a different story.

Tucker needs to start building something though assuming that Quinn is the nominee or even say a couple of other possibilities. He needs to point out to these people what WILL happen with Quinn doing the HOH next week which means Angela, Kenney, MJ and Leah as block possibilities.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 8:26 am

Well it's good that they're finally starting to compare notes now rathe than after tonight's vote so they can realize what a snake he is. That being said, Kenney was on to something earlier in the week and this could be enough to tip the scales in his or Tuckers favor should they find themselves facing Quinn in tonight's eviction vote. Now I 100% know it's not true, but Kenney was talking to someone, I can't remember who, about how pissed he would be if he won HoH and Quinn overrode it and he didn't et to see his family pictures and letter from home. Now we know that whoever wins HoH will still get the pics and letter from home becau e the takeover won't happen until the nom ceremony, but they don't know that and it could be what tips the HG's over to get rid of Quinn.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 9:07 am

Thsi will be interesting to see who America *cough cough production* decides to put up as the third nominess. The smart money says it will be Quinn, it's all over social media that it should be Quinn, but then there is the casual viewer. Now it can be argued if Quinn is getting a good edit or a villain edit and that is in the eyes of the viewer. Now look at some of the TV characters that were really villians or antiheros that casual viewers rallied behind and rooted for.

1. Walter White in Breaking Bad
2. Tony Sporano in The Sopranos
3. Dexter Morgan in Dexter
4. Vic Mackey in The Shield
5. Jax Teller in Sons of Anarchy

and the list goes on and on. It almost has to be Quinn. It's the best outcome for all parties involved to be able to get the showdown between him and Tucker for who is running he house. Do not be surprised if Kenney is the one to go home tonight so this feud can continue, especially with Quinn being able to play his power next week
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 3:10 pm

I agree they are giving Quinn the edit he wants, but for me it is a bit over the top. I don't believe for a minute that he is as comfortable with the current situation as he is trying to make people believe. He slept in the HN room again last night (second night in a row) telling people that his "anxiety for people touching him is really high right now."

Now I know there are people who have various anxieties about various things that are completely real and hard to deal with. He did mention early on that he doesn't really like touch, etc. But I am trying to figure out why this aversion to touch only rears its ugly head to explain things away for him.

For instance, when he is flirting around with Leah and stuff, he has NO TROUBLE putting his arms around her or having hers around him. When he told Angela about his power, HE initiated the embrace with her. In group situations (like alliance meetings) he doesn't seem to need to gather his space or anything. But now when he isn't sure who is 100% with him he suddenly can't sleep in his own bed in a room with others. It is not like he is sharing a bed with someone or anything. It just seems weird to me and I wonder if next week we will see a storyline about his anxiety and such to help make him more likable or something, so they had to have the images of him sleeping in the HN room alone.

Now as far as the pick, I agree with you it almost HAS to be Quinn if BB wants to keep ANY credibility for themselves on these "votes" now and in the future. That being said, it also might be fun to see Cam be the pick. The reason being is his popularity is terrible on the ratings list, barely above Angela, so it is plausible. Add to this the fact that people in the house are fed up with him not cleaning up after himself, never cooking anything, but eating everything that others make. He eats the last of things knowing that it is someone else's favorite. He even ate the last of some of Chelsie's HOH stuff she was saving. And then there is the crush situation with Leah. People aligned with Cam initially wanted Leah out because she distracts Cam, but now people like Joe and Quinn want Cam out to go after Leah themselves. Not to mention he was part of this Players group; it didn't get off the ground but people still know about it.

This narrative is not nearly as good as the Quinn thing, and there is still a VERY SLIGHT chance Quinn could leave with his power in his pocket. But, this one could cause quite a bit of rift in the house going forward.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 3:23 pm

Here's the problem with it being Cam (Or any other HG for that matter), when have we seen them do anything on the show? The entire season has focused mostly on Quinn, Tucker, Angela and Kenney, and only Kenney because he's been on the block so much. If they want the casual viewers to think they actually have a say, why would the casusal viewer vote for people that have little to zero airtime? There would be no reason to vote for or against any of them and it would make zero sense
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 3:46 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Here's the problem with it being Cam (Or any other HG for that matter), when have we seen them do anything on the show?  The entire season has focused mostly on Quinn, Tucker, Angela and Kenney, and only Kenney because he's been on the block so much.  If they want the casual viewers to think they actually have a say, why would the casusal viewer vote for people that have little to zero airtime?  There would be no reason to vote for or against any of them and it would make zero sense

Point taken, I guess I wasn't thinking about the casual viewer as much as live feeders. Another one that would be a HUGE shock to people would be Chelsie. She thinks she is insulated on all sides and untouchable, like Quinn but she has been kind of putting out feelers with people in the past few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

America's veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's veto   America's veto Empty

Back to top Go down

America's veto
Page 1 of 1