Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guess the comp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 3:41 am

We have had this thread in past seasons and even though it is all about guessing (and being wrong A LOT), I like doing it anyway.

I am thinking your idea, Ctown that the veto might be a risk/reward which is why they didn't have to name have-nots this week. But there are many ways to do that kind of comp. If it is timed, it could be one of those paths where you have too choose different routes to go from start to finish and the "barriers" being to pick up penalties in the shorter routes. Quick problem solving doesn't really strike me as a strong comp for Angela, and I'm thinking they will want to get someone a little more in her wheelhouse if possible to give her a shot.

Cedric is supposedly really smart, so this could work for him and then the veto would not be used. That being said, Joe gave Cedric advice to make sure not to win the veto too because that would be 2 comps in a row and he would control the entire week, this makes him a bigger target for later in the game and that could resonate with him. Plus I don't see him shaving his head, doing a chum bath or disgusting showers, or 24-hours of solitary confinement.

I could see Tucker doing well at this, but his arrogance would probably make him more apt to go for rewards thinking he "can't lose" in the AI arena so why bother. Kenney on the other hand, would take every punishment they had, because I don't think he ACTUALLY wants to go home and would want to be sure Angela CAN'T win.

As far as anyone chosen, I think MOST everyone in the house would take the rewards and not the punishments not really thinking long game.

The other one I thought might be a possibility is the spinning ballerina one which is ALWAYS entertaining but I don't see Angela being able to do that one AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 9:13 am

I'm gonna take a long shot guess on this one. es it will be rewards/punishments, but it will be combined with a long time BB staple. Yep, OTEV!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 4:01 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I'm gonna take a long shot guess on this one.  es it will be rewards/punishments, but it will be combined with a long time BB staple.  Yep, OTEV!

That would be a good one, but they had the yard last night, so I don't think it is plausible unless they do it off site like they did some last season.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 9:58 pm

Since they started the comp so quickly after drawing the names and feeds have been down for hours, I am now wondering if it is some kid of individual timed veto. It could still easily be risk/reward but timed individually. I recall in the past having to set up domino type things with risks/rewards along the way and I am sure there are others. Of course it could be that the feeds are down for other reasons (an Angela meltdown comes to mind), but I am leaning in that direction at this point.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 4:16 pm

I agree with you post in the other thread that the early lockdown of the yard has to do with this special episode tonight and not that they are building a wall. I have not heard ANYONE talking about hearing anything indicating a HUGE build and since they haven't experienced that, they would be remarking about it because hg's do every year.

I also agree that Julie would have said something about the first endurance competition of the year or something like that. Since they still have AI arena to do Thursday night, they wouldn't be able to start it at the end of the show (well, they COULD if they managed their time better) and I think they will want to push that aspect to watch it on the feeds.

I would REALLY love to see a slip n slide, and I hope one of these seasons you are proven wrong Ctown, that they discontinued it for the liability of it. I don't remember anyone having a SEVERE injury after doing the slip n slide, so suck it up and let's go.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 2:10 am

Since we have kind of ruled out a wall comp for various reasons, and really any endurance comp because they didn't announce anything on the live shows, I am kind of at a loss as to what they might to for the HOH comp this week.

I don't think it will be a "knockout" kind of thing where they choose the next 2 people to faceoff since they just did that last week. They don't typically have anything that is all out physical for HOH (except endurance type comps), and the ones I can think of (ready, set go) would have to be done in subsets and that is a lot of people to get through.

It could be questions of before or after because they do have comps, AI arena, the original upgrades/downgrades, veto use or not, etc. But they don't typically do that without Julie to read those questions. I'd kind of like to see a Survivor like puzzle, but they did something like that in the arena.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 8:25 am

This could be the darkened room veto. WE are not sure what this new vote will be but it won;t have anything to do with the comp since the comp will be played before the vote closes. I think it will definitely be some type of individual timed comp so they can make sure that Tucker wins it and takes his shot at the other side of the house. It's time for the Collective to NOT have an HoH after stealing it this week
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 3:53 pm

I could see that one, but really anyone can win that one if they get lucky. If MJ somehow wins the AI arena tonight, I would like to see a very physical HOH of some kind because I think she would give all of them a run for their money. I would like to see her have a little bit of success before she gets evicted because hasn't really had a chance to play, and much of that is because of the power she had and not knowing the game, but she was obviously chosen because she is an athlete and I would love to see her get to put it on display for a change.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 4:21 pm

This is another one of the problems with these upgrades. IT causes people to become complacent. MJ knew she didn't have to do anything until the power was either used or expired, so she chose to do nothing.

Knowing what we know now about Tucker, he would have been a great one to have either one of the powers because he would be even more reckless than he already is knowing he could use the power to bail him out if need be
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 2:38 am

Apparently they didn't get the yard back today and people were talking about it being a big build out there for the next one. I am thinking that the veto just might be OTEV. It kind of fits the theme of an iconic HOH wall comp followed by an iconic veto comp. Plus I think they could use the same backdrop stuff to build the OTEV stuff.

If it is OTEV, it would be AWESOME if Angela gets picked and she does better than Brooklyn! I know I keep harping on her, but she irritates me with her holier than thou attitude. She acts like she is somehow on a higher level than others in the house for whatever reason and the hypocrisy is completely OVER THE TOP. I don't really care who wins the veto comp as long as it is not Brooklyn or anyone who would take Brooklyn off the block. If Can or Quinn come down, I hope Chelsie is the replacement because all of them have been cruising through this damn game and it is time to feel a little bit of heat.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 8:58 am

I was thinking OTEV as well for this week. It's one of the few comps that I look forward to every year. Regardless of what it is, this will be an interesting veto. Yes, Brooklyn has talked a big game, but she has never had her back to the wall like she does now, so she very well may have been sandbagging some of these comps, regardless of what she has said in either DR or to others. Now she has something to play for so should not be holding anything back. Same can be said for Cam as well, when has he really had to try. He's had no reason to go after an HoH or any other comp. I don't think he's in any real danger but it would still be dumb to throw comps while on the block. I can see Cam turning it up on the second half of he game to show his true colors as a legitimate competitor
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyTue Aug 20, 2024 3:28 pm

Since they have had a couple of classic comps this season and revamped a couple of things too, I am REALLY hoping it means there will be a slip n slide. I know they just did the wall, but this would be the perfect week to have it (Tucker can't play) to make some other people step up and actually WORK for an HOH. I could actually see Quinn, Chelsie or MJ doing well in that one. I can't stand Quinn, but it would be interesting to see how he would handle an actual HOH. Obviously the goal would be to BD Tucker, but could he actually pull it off?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyTue Aug 20, 2024 3:48 pm

I don't think they've ever done two endurance in a row, I'd have to look it up. It actually plays in Tuckers favor if this one is questions or a crap shoot. Now it can still be something physical but we haven't seen many mental comps this season yet that did not have at least some physical aspect to it. You know, the type that Tucker could very well be fallible in.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyTue Aug 20, 2024 7:08 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I don't think they've ever done two endurance in a row, I'd have to look it up.  It actually plays in Tuckers favor if this one is questions or a crap shoot.  Now it can still be something physical but we haven't seen many mental comps this season yet that did not have at least some physical aspect to it.  You know, the type that Tucker could very well be fallible in.

That's why I said it would be perfect for this week when he can't play because other people would have to step up and actually PLAY for something. And it opens the door to a new HOH so we can see some others do something.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyTue Aug 20, 2024 7:10 pm

I also think a good comp for the AI arena would be the one where they have to untangle themselves with a rope attached to them. It kind of goes with the theme now after the wall with the almost meltdown, it's time to plug things in again and MOVE ON!

What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 4:32 pm

I think this will be a somewhat physical and mental comp. I'd be surprised if slip and slide is this week. I'm not certain it will come back but if it does, it will be a nice surprise.

I'm thinking this week it is going to be the tumbling dice when where they are stuck inside a giant die and have to return with a random number on top. If that's what is is, it can be a good comp where almost anyone of Cam, Chelsie, Leah or MJ could win.

Thinking about it, I don't want slip and slide until Quinn can play because I want to see him go down again and again instead of seeing his obnoxious DR sessions laughing at those who fall
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:07 pm

Ctown, I have warned you time and again, not to rain on my parade of hope for a slip n slide. I do agree it would be much more entertaining watching Quinn and his DR's to go with it, and that is okay to wish for a different week, but NO MORE of this negative talk that it is NOT coming back! hand Evil or Very Mad

Do you think they would do the dice one with this many people for an HOH? If I remember correctly this was always a veto and therefore limited to 6 people.

I want it to be something physical because that lets out Leah, Joseph and Rubina or Kimo whichever one survives.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:24 pm

Considering the comp wouldn't be on the feeds they can do whatever comp they want without worrying about it taking to long. They don't give a shit about turning the feeds off.

And you getting mad at me each year about saying slip and slide is not coming back has become somewhat of a tradition around here.

Fun fact: Slip and slide was last used as an HoH back in season 21

Last used as a veto in season 24
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:29 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Considering the comp wouldn't be on the feeds they can do whatever comp they want without worrying about it taking to long.  They don't give a shit about turning the feeds off.

And you getting mad at me each year about saying slip and slide is not coming back has become somewhat of a tradition around here.

Fun fact:  Slip and slide was last used as an HoH back in season 21

Last used as a veto in season 24

Traditions are meant to be broken, especially since the slip n slide coming back would prove ME right! neener
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:34 pm

chap5788 wrote:
, especially since the slip n slide coming back would prove ME right!  neener

Well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! :raspberries:
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 9:02 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
, especially since the slip n slide coming back would prove ME right!  neener

Well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!  :raspberries:

Keep it up and you COULD be replaced! Not sure how, but that is just details.

cmer punch
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 2:55 am

They have been playing recordings in the house tonight and of course this means the HOH will be questions based on that shit. Angela assures Leah and MJ that she is VERY good at these things. Judging from Chelsie's eyerolls she is not real impressed with Cam's recollection of things.

So slip n slide is obviously off the table and I BLAME YOU CTOWN!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Mad6 Mad6 Mad6
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 8:02 am

chap5788 wrote:
They have been playing recordings in the house tonight and of course this means the HOH will be questions based on that shit.  Angela assures Leah and MJ that she is VERY good at these things.  Judging from Chelsie's eyerolls she is not real impressed with Cam's recollection of things.

It could still come in as veto! They've done it as a veto the last two times it was played.

But I think this upcoming veto will be OTEV

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 11:05 am

chap5788 wrote:

BUSTED!!!!!!! Our resident chap is really Spoilergirl! chuckle chuckle chuckle
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 4:16 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
They have been playing recordings in the house tonight and of course this means the HOH will be questions based on that shit.  Angela assures Leah and MJ that she is VERY good at these things.  Judging from Chelsie's eyerolls she is not real impressed with Cam's recollection of things.

It could still come in as veto!  They've done it as a veto the last two times it was played.

But I think this upcoming veto will be OTEV

You know damn well the slip n slide being a veto that I can't watch would piss me off ALMOST as much as not having it at all! But you already knew that didn't you? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guess the comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Guess the comp Empty

Back to top Go down

Guess the comp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next