Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8/14 Veto episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 10:20 pm

Not much here. Everything we already knew, including how Brooklyn is full of shit wher now after the fact we know she did NOT throw the veto. Although she wpuldn;t be the first person to lie to us in the DR.

The comp was a fun one, very similar to a comp from Squid Game, but individual instead of team. It needed to be tweaked though. Cedric only beat Mak because she went first when they were at a stalemate. Either they should not be able to see the others pattern, the pattern should be completely different or the pattern should be an exact opposite (left is green on one side, where right is green on the other) the mirror image thing could get confusing for people.

As far as Tucker using veto, I really have no complaints with the way it was edited, he did have the entire other side of the house believing he would not use the veto for most of the time, but had every intention of using it on himself despite the shit he was feeding to the others.

Quinn can go fuck himself with basically calling Tucker a coward for not picking him (Quinn) to play veto. That DR really made no sense as they did not show the part where Tucker mentioned he would pick Quinn (jokingly).

Once again no mention of a new HoH for tomorrows episode so no wall, no HoH comp or anything HoH related but at least the narrator did say it would be live
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 10:32 pm

I KNEW Brooklyn was lying about throwing that comp. Now we have her own words to show it. I don't care if someone tells someone something in the house and then comes clean in the DR, but she told the person who is SUPPOSED to be her #1 ride or die. Why lie to her?

I liked the comp too and now I see what MJ was talking to Tucker about afterward that she should have waited, but I wonder how long they would have just let them stand there? I think it was good they had the same path for the competitors, but they shouldn't have been able to copy off each other. It would have made a better competition. But, Tucker KILLED it. I don't recall him making the same mistake on the same square more than a couple of times, otherwise he always remembered the pattern from start to finish.

I think they should have at least mentioned the "new plan" for Quinn and Brooklyn where he would let it be known Rubina would go up so he wouldn't use the veto. They tried to make it look like the replacement was an unknown or something.

Quinn calling Tucker a coward was so stupid. In a way, Tucker settled his score with Cedric by beating his ass in the veto, now he wants to make sure he can take Quinn out of the house. Just wait until they figure out that Tucker plans to put up 2 (or 3) people that just happen to be from the Pentagon. They think they can outplay him because he will put up someone they can sacifice, but that isn't going to work.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 8:20 am

The thing about Tucker that makes him so good at comps is that he comes up with great strategies quickly. Like in this one, they were all trying to memorize the pattern, where he was remembering how many in a row and going that route. So instead of remembering 1,1,1,2,1,2,2,2,1 etc. He just remembered where to start and then how many in a row. 3,1,1,2,2,3, etc.

One thing I didn't mention was Brookyln and her "diabolical" plan to take down Cedric and put up Rubina so that Tucker would throw AI Arena. I sure hope Brooklyn didn't hurt herself patting her back too much. It's a decent plan at best but it has a fatal flaw. Tucker does NOT throw comps. He certainly would not fall on his sword for her. As has been alluded to in another thread, Tucker does not seem to be into this showmance that they are trying to push as much as Rubina is.

Funny thing about the Pentagon thinking they can "sacrifice" someone. That's all fine and good until that sacrifice actually happens. That's when people start realizing the pecking order of things and will start to turn on each other
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 3:46 pm

Quick strategy is definitely Tucker's strength for sure, I think that is why he doesn't do as well with the pictures and those kinds of straight up questions and things because there is no REAL strategy involved in it, just have to have good attention to detail.

Brooklyn ALWAYS has a plan for everyone and HATES it if there is any pushback at all. She is basically to the point that she is TELLING the rest of the people i her group what they are doing and not even interested in anything they have to say about anything. This is a common mistake that hg's make and don't realize until they are suddenly in trouble. She was talking to Cedric and Joe and counting the votes. She counted the Pentagon members and then included T'kor and Kimo in that group, but she hadn't even talked to them about it yet. Well she might have TOLD T'kor in passing but there is no discussion. Chelsie said the other day it will be a hard vote if it is Rubina and Cedric on the block (she was telling Cedric, Cam and Brooklyn at the time) and Brooklyn right away said it would NOT be an issue at all because everyone is solid and KNOWS what they have to do. Chelsie then said, it would be a hard vote on a friendship level for some people and Brooklyn agreed, but half-heartedly.

I can't wait until SHE is on the block and running around asking about votes and campaigning because she has bitched about MJ asking about it "all the time" and others, but that is because MJ is on the block ALL THE TIME. Seeing her sitting on the block next to Chelsie would be a drama fest and we would finally see little Miss cool as a cucumber sweat for a change.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 6:19 pm

I just saw someone post a great tweak for this comp should they ever do it again. It's fine to have them both on the same pattern. Here's the tweak, make it a 10 second limit to select the next tile or else it resets and you go back to the beginning as if you got it wrong
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 6:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I just saw someone post a great tweak for this comp should they ever do it again.  It's fine to have them both on the same pattern.  Here's the tweak, make it a 10 second limit to select the next tile or else it resets and you go back to the beginning as if you got it wrong

That is a great idea! I'm guessing that production really didn't think this one through and didn't think about people copying off each other and having a stalemate happen like that, which is typical of them.

I also saw a suggestion by a couple of people chatting with each other on the live feed screen about the Instigator. They said America will vote for a person to make them an Instigator and have them carry out various activities throughout the week. If the "activities" weren't lame crap or so far out there that it blows up someone's game then it might be okay, but it really isn't something anyone can sustain and play their game too, and they can't change it weekly because those who have been chosen before would recognize the signs of others, etc.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 8:46 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I also saw a suggestion by a couple of people chatting with each other on the live feed screen about the Instigator.  They said America will vote for a person to make them an Instigator and have them carry out various activities throughout the week.  If the "activities" weren't lame crap or so far out there that it blows up someone's game then it might be okay, but it really isn't something anyone can sustain and play their game too, and they can't change it weekly because those who have been chosen before would recognize the signs of others, etc.

That's basically the failed saboteur twist from season 12. We'll know soon enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8/14 Veto episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/14 Veto episode   8/14 Veto episode Empty

Back to top Go down

8/14 Veto episode
Page 1 of 1