Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinn veto

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Male Posts : 14422

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 9:37 pm

So they are expecting this week to be tiny veto and Chelsie wants to play in it. But as I said in the other thread, it would be a mistake for her to win that and bring unneeded attention to herself. Sure, she could win and not upset things by keeping noms the same, buy why do any of that. Anyone who gets picked should be throwing it except the nominees and Quinn.

I never pay much attention to when they lose the backyard but it is about time for OTEV to surface.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Female Posts : 12460

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 11:02 pm

They got the yard back last night, so veto will either be in the basement or offsite. There has been speculation that it could be the micro-veto and I think that is a pretty good guess. Not sure who would do well at that, but I am guessing that Angela and Kimo would probably be very shaky, and Rubina would probably have a lot of trouble because her arms are short. Other than that, not sure how anyone would do.

I also wondered about that punch, kick, bop thing because that is something they could do in the basement. Also the one where they undress holding onto buttons to keep the timer from advancing might be a good one at this time.

Chelsie might actually have the right idea to win the veto to keep the noms the same because knowing Quinn he would fuck that up as well. Why not keep things calm and have a hand in what happens.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 12:02 pm

It's very hard to root for T'kor for anything unless it's a punishment.

imok likes this post

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 1:07 pm

If Tkor were to win the veto, she would 100% use it on Kimo. First of all, he would not be able to handle being left on the block if at all possible to get off. Secondly, Tkor has told him over and over and over that she will ALWAYS choose him over everyone else. I know that is against her gender biases but it is different when it comes to him. Ironically, she would have expected Rubina to pick her AND Kimo over Tucker.

MJ agreed to play veto for Angela if she gets to pick, but I hope that Chelsie schools her on what to do if she wins and doesn't do something stupid like even consider taking Angela off the block.

I am kind of hoping though that someone gets taken down because I would LOVE to see Joseph go up. Not sure Quinn would have the balls to do that though because he wants to keep Joseph on his side. That being said, if Leah keeps feeding him with stuff about Joseph that could change. I am still wondering why she is pitting them against each other and the only thing I can think of is that she doesn't want them comparing notes about her too specifically.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 1:29 pm

Veto players are Angela, Kimo, Rubina, Quinn, Joseph and Leah

Quote :
MJ agreed to play veto for Angela if she gets to pick

Well so much for that. And MJ has a very short attention span. She won the ball rolling one in AI arena just a week ago. I know it's not exact but it was an iteration of it so they will not do the one she's thinking of.

I actually think Leah is being smart by pitting those two against each other. She's made it clear that she isn't interested in either of them yet they continue the bullshit flirting. What happened to no means no? So the best way to handle this game wise is to have them go after each other and she comes out unscathed
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 1:41 pm

I think they are talking about the bowlerina one, or at least that was one they were talking about last night as well, so that is completely different than the AI arena one. They also talked about the one where they have to keep the ball from hitting the ground rolling it back and forth.

Angela probably changed her mind because she has seen MJ hanging out with Chelsie and Cam. So, did Angela pick Joe or Leah? She would probably think either of them would use it on her, but I don't think they would.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 1:48 pm

The more I think about this one, the more I wonder what some people will do if they win this veto? It really would be stupid for Leah or Joseph to throw it knowing they could be a replacement nominee if the veto is used, but if they win it they would be in a bad position as well with different people wanting them to use it.

Joseph's arrogance won't allow him to think he would be a replacement nominee, or Leah for that matter with Quinn as veto, so he could very well be throwing it. But Quinn also said the other day to Chelsie that Joseph is going to have to pull out a comp win at some point to help the team or he needs to go on the block or something, so there is that. Oh, how I would LOVE to see him on the block as a replacement nom.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 2:20 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I think they are talking about the bowlerina one, or at least that was one they were talking about last night as well, so that is completely different than the AI arena one.  They also talked about the one where they have to keep the ball from hitting the ground rolling it back and forth.  

Angela probably changed her mind because she has seen MJ hanging out with Chelsie and Cam.  So, did Angela pick Joe or Leah?  She would probably think either of them would use it on her, but I don't think they would.  

Leah can throw if she wants to. There's no way Quinn puts her up at this point. People have been telling him how she shit talks him when he's not around but he's not fazed by it. Either Joseph or T'kor as a replacment would make me happy. T'kor probably more so if Kimo stays up
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 2:37 pm

I think Leah believes she wouldn't go up, but I don't know if Joseph is confident in that and he will want to keep her safe if possible, so it is a decision for him. I think it is weird that Angela picked him and that kind of put him in a weird spot too (she thinks they are EXTREMELY close, but he's just doing what he does keeping people in his loop). If he wins it, she will EXPECT him to use it, and if he doesn't then Angela will start spiraling about that along with her not receiving the attention she thinks she deserves and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 5:24 pm

Leah won the veto. It was called bot builders. Sounds like they had to build a bot in the dark. Does not sound like it was zingbot, who hopefully is now retired.

Early talk is using it on Angela and pushing for T'kor to go up, which would be great. Break that trio up
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 5:42 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Leah won the veto.  It was called bot builders.  Sounds like they had to build a bot in the dark.  Does not sound like it was zingbot, who hopefully is now retired.

Early talk is using it on Angela and pushing for T'kor to go up, which would be great.  Break that trio up

I think Leah would be stupid to use the veto on anyone right now. Quinn is not going to put up Tkor because he wants to keep her around for a while and doesn't want to upset her (although sending Rubina or Kimo home won't keep her happy by any stretch of the imagination). I could see her push to have MJ go up on the block because for some reason she throws her under the bus any chance she gets (especially to Quinn or Joseph), even though they are supposed to be close and just made a final 2, right before Leah made a final 2 with Joseph.

Chelsie, Cam and MJ want to see Joseph up if there is a replacement nom and I don't think Leah would want that either. Using it she is going to make an enemy somewhere, especially since Quinn's target is supposed to be Angela. Leah will want to get as much air time out of this as possible though, so she might entertain a lot of different options.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 5:44 pm

Of course Joseph could have won if he wanted to! As much as I'd love to see it used and T'kor go up, seeing him up after "throwing it" would be great. Especially if he goes home on it
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 6:47 pm

So Quinn is already talking about the skittle plan for a renom should Leah use veto (Didn's someone on these boards say he would do the skittle thing? Now who was that?)

He's also still trying to get this large alliance formed and nobody seems to be on board. As they shouldn;t. Why do you need a 7 person alliance with 10 people left? I get covering yourself, but this is overkill
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 9:36 pm

Yes, Ctown, we all remember you bringing up the skittles plan, but I do believe you mention it every season when talking about HOH's who are stupid or indecisive, so I'm not sure it is really anything earthshattering! neener

His Joe's comment about Chelsie "loves the HOH" like she is kissing ass or something about made me choke because he does the same damn thing every single week. Joe will 100% be the renom if Leah asks for it because he can't tell her no. But, I don't see Leah coming right out and saying he should go on the block, it will be hinted.

Chelsie carries A LOT of weight with Quinn because he knows how smart she is and wants to stay on her good side. I look for her to give him some very valid points as to why Joe needs to go on the block. He doesn't have to go home, but maybe it will light a fire under his ass to win something (a prior conversation her and Quinn had about him). Also make sure Quinn understands that Joe has never touched the block and hasn't pissed anyone off. If he slides by with that, he could win it.

I don't see Tkor even being an option because Quinn wants to keep her around (not sure why to be honest). He needs to be thinking about Chelsie's closeness to Tkor as well. That being said, if he puts her up to try to ensure that Rubina or Kimo go home, he is back to being at the top of the target list.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 10:30 pm

I didn't hear the original conversation with Joe and Angela, but I heard their conversations following. Angela went to talk to Leah about the veto. Leah made the mistake of asking how she was doing and she of course said not well at all. She explained to her that she went to talk to Joe since he is such good friends with Quinn to see if he would advocate for her NOT to be Quinn's target. She said she has talked to people about votes and everyone keeps telling her that it will depend on the HOH (the usual excuse), so she thought if Joe could go to Quinn and ask him to just focus on someone else who is a bigger threat it could help.

She said Joe basically told her she has made way too many mistakes, she has blown up people's games too many times (especially Quinn) so now people are afraid to work with her or talk to her, so he would not be willing to talk to Quinn on her behalf. He told her she made it really far and won a couple of HOH's, etc. So basically he told her she was toast if she didn't win AI arena and it is making her feel defeated.

Of course she made sure to have some whimpers in there and compliments to Leah for winning the comp because she was VERY happy for her etc. Leah basically just gave her a pep talk about having been able to do things nobody thought all through the game, she shouldn't think she is out yet and things shift all the time. I think she thought Leah would tell her she would use the veto on her, but she didn't really go there at all.

Meanwhile, Joe is in the HOH room with Quinn, Chelsie, Kimo, Tkor and I believe Cam was there too telling them how he talked with Angela and just "gave it to her straight" that she's burned too many bridges, etc. He said she wanted him to advocate for her, but he refused. I think it was Cam who said, I was actually happy for her when she won her first HOH, and Joe then suddenly said that he backpedaled a bit (reading the room) and told her not to give up. He boosted her confidence telling her she has won before so anything is possible. At one point while he was talking nobody was even listening. He then went on about his game prowess and not sure what was said before this (feeds switched for a minute), but when they came back he said you are always supposed to admit and/or own you mistakes, make sure everyone is aware of your accomplishments and do something with the "mids" which Tkor had to ask and was told means middle between mistakes and accomplishments.

The look on Quinn's face was "dude shut the fuck up" and the others were more like "who the hell does this guy think he is" with his conversations and shit. He is moving himself closer and closer to the block all the time. He was playing a good game, but his arrogance and bragging about his awesome game and never being nervous and shit is running thin with people.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 12:45 am

For starters, I never harped about the skittles thing other than making fun of it way back in season 16 when Donny being the nom introduced the skittles thing. It was stupid then and is stupid now. My prediction was based on how easy it is to read Quinn, he knows some history of the game but doesn't understand strategy.

Joe just keeps digging himself deeper. he also did a one on one with Rubina where, according to him, he told her what she wants to hear.

OK, I'm gonna play Devils advocate, let's say Joseph is playing a Dr Will/Dan level game. His social game is untouchable. HE could beat anyone in final 2. Oh shit, there's a flaw in this paln if you are telling it to people!

Lets think about this dude, he is a clerk in a video store. I think it's all a ruse and he'd be ecstatic with 50k in second place. And yet another to just make jury and collect stipend
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 4:47 am

I didn't say you harped on this, I said you mention every season when there is a dumbass that doesn't know what to do with an HOH. So, basically pointing out the obvious that it is a stupid plan for stupid people just like you were pointing out. The other point was to say if you use that same comment each season it doesn't rise to the "I called it" comment!

Joseph is about 1/2 step from being on the block THIS week. If Leah decides to use the veto on Angela, he is going up because just about everyone in the house has mentioned his name and are sick of hearing him talk about all the ways he is playing the perfect game and has never been nervous because he is always okay with the HOH every week, basically telling them all that he is so much more savvy than any of them so they should do as he tells them.

Quinn tried to get Leah to see that taking Angela down then links her to Angela and she could find herself sitting on the block next to her and she could be the next casualty of Angela being kept because they can "always get her later" kind of thing. But she told him if she leaves Angela up there she is afraid Angela would go home and that is a number for her, so she doesn't want that to happen either.

What surprises me is how much Leah is supportive of Joseph going on the block all of the sudden. She was all in with him a couple of days ago, but this shit he pulled with Angela, telling her she is done with no hope and doing it in a kind of shitty way, then going to everyone in the house to brag about how he was "honest" with her and told her she was gone, really pissed Leah off.

Quinn also keeps pushing this 5 person alliance (everyone who voted against Tucker) with Tkor on the outside with them "because she is just so nice" and maybe Joseph "to keep him calm" and Chelsie and Cam both basically tell him to wait until veto is all done before making any commitments. I think that Chelsie is almost to the point she is done with Tkor because of all the boo-hooing she is doing over Tucker being gone, possibly losing Kimo or Rubina and their new alliances every week and seems more in tune with Cam and MJ, and even sometimes Leah, but we will see when veto ceremony is over.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 4:53 am

Oh, and one more thing, Angela had yet another talk with Joseph tonight where he gave her some more "real talk" and told her not to give up, but there are things she needs to stop doing. Such as quit telling people in the house she loves him and he is so nice, that is attention he doesn't want. Don't blow up anyone's game or threaten to do it. Do go crying to everyone and asking if she can work with them. She was saying okay to all this stuff while he just piled it on.

Then she said that her and Quinn had come to a place of understanding and now he put her up and has told people things she says. She said she was afraid to ask Leah to use the veto on her because she wouldn't want Joseph to go up as a replacement nom. He said that would never happen and if he heard anyone saying it was possible he would go right straight to Quinn and tell him if he puts him on the block, he better get ready to go home next week because he will be there and take him out. When I heard that, I REALLY want to see him go up this week to see if he actually does it. Then if he stays in the game, watch him go on the block next week too until the day he leaves.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 1:50 pm

I saw in some of the updates posted in the tidbits section that they said Leah had decided not to use the veto, but the conversations I listened to up until last night she said she had not decided yet and that was to Quinn and another one with Angela.

I agree Ctown, that it might be best for Leah to go ahead and save Angela (makes me sick to say that) because she won't turn on her (well, maybe), but Quinn made a good point that she could end up on the block next to Angela when there is no AI arena and she has to rely on votes to stay. She can always tell Angela that it would just hurt her game to take her down but she would vote to keep her and then do that. She has made it a soapbox thing now that she votes how she votes and doesn't have to follow the house, so this would be her chance to prove it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 8:59 pm

I havn't looked at any updates today but I was under the impression that she is still undecided. She has until tomorrow afternoon so she can take her time and weigh pros and cons.

I also wouldn't put too much stock into anything Quinn says as he always has an ulterior motive. LEah could not use it because Quinn wants them to say the same then find herself on the block next to him after AI arena. That works for anyone still in the house so Leah needs to decide what is best for her game.

And these houseguests continue to push the boundary of stupidity. Why is the target eitherAngela or Rubina? The target should be Kimo so that they can break up the Kimo/T'kor duo. I get they can get Rubina out as she is close with them as well, but she is much smaller threat than Kimo
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 2:43 am

Quinn has tried to put out the narrative that it has to be Rubina or Angela because he thinks they are the biggest threat to him for what he has done to each of them. Kimo is actually the brains of that threesome. Tkor tries to pretend it is her, but if they come up with a strategy, she sends Kimo or Rubina to talk to others to feel things out (or so she isn't out there on the limb) instead of doing it herself. I agree with you that taking out Kimo would make so much more sense.

Leah is trying to milk this veto win for everything it is worth and it is turning people off. Chelsie asked her today if she was going to use the veto or not. Her answer was "that is too direct of a question. I will talk to everyone and then make a decision tomorrow. Then she complained to Quinn that Chelsie asked her like that because it is "no way to start a conversation." Quinn then asked her and she said she had not decided. He said he is running out of time as to what to do if she uses it, etc. She just keeps playing cat and mouse.

He changed the discussion to starting a group with the 5 who voted out Tucker. Leah then said they could have a separate relationship with Tkor because she is "really good with Tkor." Quinn then wondered if Chelsie would separate from Cam because the "group is too big if they keep Cam too."

There is no reason for Leah to meet with everyone in the house. She is the veto winner, there are 3 nominees. She should talk with them and with Quinn about who would be the possible replacements and determine if that fits in her game. She just wants air time. She is under the impression as the veto winner ALL her talks will be on the episode, but that isn't the way it works at all. I have a feeling she is going to ask everyone who they are voting for and if Angela can't be saved, then she will use it on her. If these people are smart (like Chelsie) they will tell her they can't make a decision on the vote until they see the replacement (if one needs to be done) and then who wins AI arena just like they have been doing.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 6:12 am

After watching the episode, I was glad to see how many people were actually trying to win HOH instead of throwing it. I couldn't tell if Joseph just sucked at the egg thing too or just throwing it because he wouldn't know what to do.

I've been watching Leah take winning this veto way over the top, having one-on-ones with everyone so she can milk the power for as much as she can for air time. But that made me start thinking if she is having THIS much trouble about what to do with this veto, then what would she have done with an HOH. But maybe she wanted that for air time as well.

When she said she was going to have one-on-ones with everyone, Joseph spoke up and said that some people might not want to voice what they want her to do because they aren't on the block and stuff. Sounds a bit paranoid to me. Not sure if Quinn would toss him up there or not, but really don't see him doing it, so it would probably end up being MJ AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 9:44 am

While I agree that she has been over the top with the veto win (she even sleeps wearing the necklace) I don;t see anything wrong with doing one on ones with everyone. It makes everyone feel that they have a say in the matter or will at least be heard. And let's fave it, any of them could be a potential replacement nominess, so what they want should be ovious to even Stevie Wonder. Rubina, Kimo and Angela all want the veto used on them, Cam, Chelsie, MJ, Quinn, Joseph, T'kor want the noms to stay the same.

FWIW, Leah has hinted that the DR is pushing her to use the veto and Quinn is telling her that production is preying on her downfall (basically saying using it will be her downfall). Quinn is starting tothink that if he successfully talks LEah out of using veto, it will be his biggest move of the game so far.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
chap5788

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 2:16 pm

I listened to her one-on-ones and she basically just used them to tell everyone how much she values them in the game on a personal level and wanted to work with them. Most people told her to do what she wanted with the veto because she earned it. Cam was one of them, but he also said he didn't think she should use it because it links her to Angela (Quinn said that too) and it puts others at risk so that impacts HER relationship with the renom too.

She almost made Quinn beg (he told her he wasn't beyond begging) her not to use it. She is adamant that she wants Angela in the jury because she is 100% a vote for her. She kept complaining that all "her numbers" keep leaving and she won't have any votes. Quinn tried to tell her that she has an entire half the game to play to get votes based on that, but she was really pushing it. I think she was just teasing Quinn but she said "whatever I decided, things will be fine" at the end of their talk after it seemed that she wasn't using it.

Another thing that bothered me is Leah gets on her soapbox about people being mistreated, like being left out of things when they are on the block or people keep using the same hg's for noms and don't even care about their feelings, etc. She has said it is terrible the way people treat Angela and make her feel. But, when her and Quinn were alone after the one-on-ones, they did a whole skit of Angela with her speech on finale night and had a bit laugh about it. I don't begrudge people doing these things because people get on people's nerves and such, but if you are going to be on this big soapbox about not making fun of people "ever" and judging people who do it, then you shouldn't do it either. This is why she pushed back and suddenly separated from Joseph, because he was harsh with Angela and then was proud about "being real" with her.

Okay, now I will get off MY soapbox about that!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
ctown28

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 4:45 pm

Time for the happy dance! Leah used the veto on Angela and Joseph has been named the replacement! Let the messiness commence!

Chicken Dance Penguin Dance Music Metal HeadBang The Circle Dancing Smilie Dancing Mex Banana Banana Dance 1dance 2dance 3dance 4dance 5dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quinn veto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinn veto   Quinn veto Empty

Back to top Go down

Quinn veto
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next